Why do Americans think a tyrant will take over?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Why do Americans think a tyrant will take over?

Postby Hitoru » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Since you shared your probation issue with us, would you mind saying what you were convicted of ?
As long as it's not violence/sex against women or kids.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby gnaruki » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Makes me think if this old chestnut:

Iv'e recnetly been charged with 6 felonies and about 90340434 misdemeanors. The usual stuff... assult/batery, possesion of illegal firearms, illegal concealed carry for a few of said weapons, big time drug possesion and fleeing police through town in excess of 130 mph. Things werent looking great.

One five thousand dollar laywer and a trip to court later and all charges were dismissed due to police incompetence. The "police report" was so full of mistakes/lies/asst dumb shit, the judge told the officer that showed up in court to "do your job better or start looking for a new one"

Plus all my guns and led grow lights were returned to me and my astronomical speeding ticket was also thrown out!

Evil Crime ~ 1 Good Policework ~ 0

So remember, if you are planning one hell of a night that will almost certinaly lead to you getting busted, come to Alamance County, NC and make sure you got $$$ for a good lawyer!
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Sure.
I'm pretty sure I've told this story in years past.

When I was younger the cops came to my house cause I illegally helped my friend move his tools and stuff out of his shop in the middle of night after he was locked out for not paying his rent.The following morning I had gone back to get his two dogs, and said landlord showed up and told me I couldn't get the dogs. I said "yeah sure" and opened the gate, he was yelling what's your name ? I replied " Satan" ! He said he was calling the cops, so I threw a quarter at him and told him "go ahead' !.

Fast forward 45 min at my house, 4-5 pigs showed up and drew down on me. They searched me and found a small amount of pot and a pipe in my top pocket of my jacket. And they found one of these.

They were Wtf ?. What do you do with this ?.
"I said practice with it."
The Sargent threw the pot on the ground and threw my pipe into the grass in the vacant lot next door.
He kept me cuffed in the back of his car for about 2 hrs trying to figure what to charge me with. It would be considered an illegal club in Tx, but I guess he didn't want to pursue it.

He gave it back to me and told me to keep it on my own property
I have scared local cholos away with it a few times. Don't have to pull out a gun, they always run away . But that's another story.
I can't remember if I found the pot or pipe, but I found one of them.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby svizzerams » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Cool!

Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Hitoru » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:26 pm

More like my Kung Fu cousin here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhQHHPhRFE
I can't slam into the splits anymore,, but it is still one of my favorite weapons I practice with.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby coldharvest » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Hitoru wrote:More like my Kung Fu cousin here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhQHHPhRFE
I can't slam into the splits anymore,, but it is still one of my favorite weapons I practice with.

outstanding
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby gnaruki » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Greggy_N wrote:
The response is always to defend against the government...did I miss something? Where are people getting the idea that we are going to be ruled by a tyrannical government? WTF?

As a side note...what do these people do with all this military gear? it is useless...hell half the time it is useless even in the hands of the military in a war zone, example...we need night vision but unless you are doing night operations it is mainly just an extra piece of equipment, etc etc and so on.......so what on EARTH would these folks be doing with military weapons, optics, night vision, bullet proof vests, etc?

Im not mocking them but do they literally play dressup or something? They must do something with all that swag cause it is expensive!!

It's mostly compensation for feeling powerless against their government. A tyrant coup that they can rise up against is a simple, comic bookish fantasy that gives escape from their unhappy lives. You also need to understand that many American's do not even conceptually understand how their gubmint functions.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe