BFC Death Pool 2020

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: BFC Death Pool 2020

Postby Alphabet » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 pm

100%, my pops. Lung cancer.

Not hating on anyone here who smokes, because I have as well....but, STOP. If a stubborn cunt like me can, you can as well. I quit because I'd rather my kids see me go out fast, in a pink mist. Rather than slowly wasting away.

It's hard watching a titan fall.

Quit. Please. You matter.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Sucks about your dad, Alphabet.
FWIW put in an effort to share and express everything you always wanted to do with him, you can't do that once they are gone.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Sorry to hear it, Alphabet. That is rough.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer for one of the best repetitive threads here.

Just take care of yourselves. We all need each other for more years of shit-posting, and arguing over trivial shit.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 am

Sorry to hear that very bad and sad news, Alphabet. My father too lost his life to lung cancer. Still, I was a smoker, and continued to smoke, and then quit. Being a goddamn fool I started smoking again. I’ve got a 5 month supply of Chantix in my lingerie drawer. This reminds me to break it out and start back up on that regimen. It does work, did for me before, and as far as the crazy dreams went I didn’t mind those one bit, entertaining and insightful as they were with all my imaginary friends from my id keeping me company.

Having been a smoker, and then a non-smoker, and now again a smoker I can say with certainty that I enjoyed not smoking more than I haves enjoyed smoking.

Sorry to hear about your father.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:44 pm

So sorry man.

That sucks.

I gave up the cigs in 2012. I still dream longingly of them. So yah, they re-wire your brain a bit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe