Who is getting tracked by Bill Gates?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Who is getting tracked by Bill Gates?

Postby Darcy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:21 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
Anyone react to any other vaccines? Some people react to Yellow Fever but I had no problem with it. I seem to recall minor side effects from another one, maybe Japanese Encephalitis. A Hep A booster about 20 years ago made my arm feel like it had fallen off.

Flying EMS and all the travel, I think I've got every shot going. Was able to weasel out of the anthrax on a job last year, as "they" missed it and I didn't remind them. Never took any antimalarials either, even though I spent almost in decade in sub-Saharan Africa. My buddy took it constantly for twenty years (mostly working Uganda) and no ill effects, but I skipped.

Only bad reaction was Typherix. Got my typhoid shot for a Papua New Guinea job in the afternoon, and was out with the wife and folks for a nice dinner in Montreal. It hit hard and fast. On the walk back to my apartment I had to drop drawers and paint an alley downtown.

Dead arm from the moderna for 12 hours but that was it.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:21 pm

Got the booster a couple of days ago. 2G+ measures in place in France and parts of Germany, we'll follow.

Omicron isn't swamping our ICUs, optimists think this sh!t is all over.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:27 am

Just got the third booster.
Had a doctors appointment today and my Doc (known for 7 years, never steered me wrong) said "the BA.6.4 variant looks like it doesn't respond to any supplemental therapies and you are over 50 so if you get it and have complications you could be hospitalized"
So I got it.
So far no side effects but I expect them. The last boost gave me auditory hallucinations that caused me to yell at my wife for singing along with music while at a Zoom Meeting (no music, no singing just me making an ass of myself).
Anyway, this is what I do now. I go out masked in KN-95 and get vaxxed and my wife and I have not had it yet.
The CDC is more useless under Biden than it was under Trump. Trump at least liked to have them as an adversary.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:55 am

I got my third shot in Jan. I had Covid 2 weeks ago, basically a fever and feeling lethargic for 2 days, then about a week of some cold symptoms. Seems to be going around like wildfire right now.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:13 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:I got my third shot in Jan. I had Covid 2 weeks ago, basically a fever and feeling lethargic for 2 days, then about a week of some cold symptoms. Seems to be going around like wildfire right now.

I still have not got it yet.
I live in a place where people still mask-up outdoors.
Subway cars have fallen into an informal arrangement of back cars are masked, front cars unmasked (stupid to get rid of that requirement in a city this crowded though)
The Biden admin dropped the ball on this. More infections equal more variants and more variants means one will come along and start killing en mass again.
Not to mention producing people who are functionally disabled with long covid.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:33 pm

Kurt wrote:
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:I got my third shot in Jan. I had Covid 2 weeks ago, basically a fever and feeling lethargic for 2 days, then about a week of some cold symptoms. Seems to be going around like wildfire right now.

I still have not got it yet.
I live in a place where people still mask-up outdoors.
Subway cars have fallen into an informal arrangement of back cars are masked, front cars unmasked (stupid to get rid of that requirement in a city this crowded though)
The Biden admin dropped the ball on this. More infections equal more variants and more variants means one will come along and start killing en mass again.
Not to mention producing people who are functionally disabled with long covid.

I get my third booster today plus the seasonal flu shot, which I hear is a doozy, so I expect to be knocked down tomorrow. I rarely mask anymore but I notice that many do while out and about at the grocery store and such. I would definitely mask on planes or trains though, too much time in an enclosed space. I like that masking has become normalized and will probably be permanent and not unusual. It’s common sense really. When masking was compulsory I never caught a cold and seasonal allergies were greatly mitigated.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:48 pm

I will also get my 4th shot next week. I was in Belgium earlier this week and I didn't see a single person wearing a mask. Literally no-one. On the train home everyone put their masks on at the German border.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:20 pm

snaark wrote:I will also get my 4th shot next week. I was in Belgium earlier this week and I didn't see a single person wearing a mask. Literally no-one. On the train home everyone put their masks on at the German border.

In Greece no one wore them except for employees at places I went to like restaurants, hotels etc. (not at the car rental place though but both pickup and return were outside ...and easy and cheap as hell)

In Chania Crete we had to be bussed to the airplane to fly to Athens and this one maskless American kept saying "Turn on the AC!" to the bus driver, in English. Somehow he did not realize that a bendy bus on a tarmac with 3 large doors open to the hot Greek sun was not going to cool down for a 1 minute bus ride to the plane. I expected he would be a major dick on the flight (he was, refused to mask but did not get kicked off) and then he was also on the connecting flight to Newark and also refused to mask but was not kicked off.

Anyway, this pandemic has made it easy to filter out the jerkwads in life at least.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:51 am

snaark wrote:I was in Belgium earlier this week and I didn't see a single person wearing a mask
Masks are only required if you enter pharmacy, hospital, visit MD or go get inoculated. Which 'll be next week for me.

No mutations yet.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:37 pm

el3so wrote:
No mutations yet.

The anti vaxxers who believe in the mutations will die sooner....which sucks, not only for the loss of human life and the eventual loss we will all feel from it, but also we wont get the chance to gloat to them about how wrong they were.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Re:

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:46 pm

Kurt wrote:
el3so wrote:
No mutations yet.

The anti vaxxers who believe in the mutations will die sooner....which sucks, not only for the loss of human life and the eventual loss we will all feel from it, but also we wont get the chance to gloat to them about how wrong they were.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-night ... e?ref=home

The eyes of the herd that embrace “herd immunity” may very well end up covered by pennies. What parasites they are. I got my 3rd booster (4th shot) on Friday and was totally down for the count yesterday, just felt wretchedly awful but today no side effects save a sore arm. Got the flu shot too which is a doozy. Most years I don’t even feel it, this years flu shot no joke. It hurt! I used to be cavalier about the annual flu shot and would often skip it. I’m not doing that anymore, and if it’s determined that a Covid booster should be a biannual event I’ll be sure to show up for it. It’s good citizenship.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:23 pm

I had no problem at all with the past two flu shots. Other years I got flu symptoms.

I 2015 I "forgot" to get a shot for the flu then in 2016 I was laid out for two weeks with it.
Never again. That was rough and it hit me while i had a bunch of job interviews scheduled.
For COVID I think we gotta get to the point where we mask first then rely on vaccines.
That method would also protect the ant vaxxers as well as reduce the potential number of mutations. When smart people don't protect dummies both the smart and the dumb suffer...its just the dumb get hit first.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:16 am

Got the flu shot on Thurs. Arm didn't even hurt.

Got in to the habit of getting an annual flu shot a few years ago when my parents got aged. Figured there would a great risk of complications if they got the flu.

Anyways the concept of vaccinations goes back at least a couple of centuries and the concept of isolation and quarantine to fight epidemics goes back a few thousand years. Not hard to figure out.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:06 pm

I got my latest.

Normally I have psychedelic fevers and stuff but this time the side effects were reported to me as "being tired" and "sore shoulder"

I slept for 15 hour which I thoroughly enjoyed so I was out of it for any symptoms other than tiredness.

I still have not had the damn thing yet either. I test once or twice per week and I am cautious with mask wearing but I forget alot more often than before.

On a similar note. A lawsuit against Florida was settled where Florida has to pay plaintiffs legal bills and reveal the death rate during the 2021 Delta surge. 23,000 dead and 385 dead per day on average. Highest Pediatric hospitalization for COVID-19 of any state during that time, before or since.

The strategy of "opening up" and telling people not to get vaxxed and boosted was a fatal one.

Weirder still Republican doubters of Trump point to DeSantis' anti-vax cred as to most of his support in the 2024 campaign.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe