Jan 6th insurrectionists getting treated like shit

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Jan 6th insurrectionists getting treated like shit

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 87696.html

Sorry, this is behind a pay wall but the story was available on my google news feed.

Basically the conditions they are in are shit, their access to health care and other services are also shit. It would be great if we could change these conditions for them and also other prisoners in the US.

Prisons in the USA improved between Nixon and Carter and then started the slide towards maltreatment for profit.

Anyway, I favor their incarceration until trial but just because someone is charged with a crime does not mean they have to be treated like shit, same goes for other criminals in the USA, who are the majority of people getting treated like shit here.

But I suspect these jailed people did not have an iota of sympathy for those protesters who were abducted off the street this summer by unidentified people in vans. In fact I suspect they favored that.

But the funny part of this article is how the person they interviewed said the following:

"What you have here is exactly what you should expect from a Communist regime that is trying to silence political dissidents. I feel like I am in a Taipei prison and I spoke out against the Government"

Taipei.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Jan 6th insurrectionists getting treated like shit

Postby ROB » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:48 pm

lol

The thing that struck me is how lenient the sentences have been so far. Would have thought somebody guilty of sedition would go away for decades rather than years...
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:09 am

ROB wrote:lol

The thing that struck me is how lenient the sentences have been so far. Would have thought somebody guilty of sedition would go away for decades rather than years...

Yep.

The BLM people in NYC who set an empty police van on fire are facing domestic terrorism charges and up to 40 years in prison.

Compare that to "Our Sports Team Lost, Lets Riot!" and "Our Sports Team Won! Lets Riot" events in Philly, Detroit and LA where tons of cop cars were burned ...also with no fatalities.

So yah, set a car on fire ..cop or otherwise and go to jail.

attempt a coup with actual fatalities? A few months to 5 years.

The thing is, in the USA when someone dies during a crime, those who participate in that crime are liable to be charged.

Give someone a ride and they rob a convenience store and get shot to death by the owner? You go down for 1st Degree murder, even if you had no clue what was going on.

So people actually thought " Five people died, they are going to charge everyone with 5 counts of homicide cuz that is the law...just wait!..."

Then nothing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Kurt wrote:

Yep.

The BLM people in NYC who set an empty police van on fire are facing domestic terrorism charges and up to 40 years in prison.

Compare that to "Our Sports Team Lost, Lets Riot!" and "Our Sports Team Won! Lets Riot" events in Philly, Detroit and LA where tons of cop cars were burned ...also with no fatalities.

Um, all the fatalities on Jan 6 were protesters / rioters. The only one that was intentionally killed was Ashli Babbit who was shot in the neck by a "hero" who was really, really scared even though 3 fully geared SWAT team members were literally right behind her. I mean, she might have had a suicide vest on.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Yep.

Um, all the fatalities on Jan 6 were protesters / rioters. The only one that was intentionally killed was Ashli Babbit who was shot in the neck by a "hero" who was really, really scared even though 3 fully geared SWAT team members were literally right behind her. I mean, she might have had a suicide vest on.

And she died while committing a crime with others.

Also the poor ex-Junkie girl who probably started using again and OD'd and then was trod upon by the mob did not die of mob violence but she also died in the process of a crime being committed.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/felony-murd ... ng-capitol

One reason why we are getting the "It is not an insurrection" argument is because that would be a serious enough crime to hitch Felony Murder charges to anyone who tresspassed or was found to have planned the tresspass or was found to have incited it.

So cop shoots Ashli Babbit and Trump goes down for Felony Murder.

Could happen.

Should happen.

Also I find it funny, like as in hilarious how quickly "Back The Blue" suddenly hates cops when they are not killing black people or beating the shit out of lefties.

A Hippy gets brained protesting NAFTA = HAHAHAHAHA! Take that pinko!
A Goateed dude gets brained trying to prevent Biden's certification = Nazi Germany!!!

Cop kills someone during a traffic Stop = Another Asipiring Rapper Ends his Career hahahha!
Cop assigned to protect the Capitol shoots someone trying to storm the capitol = MURDERER!!!

A business announced that anyone entering wearing a surgical mask will be treated as an armed robber = They are just joking and even if they are not, that is still their right as a business owner.
McDonalds refuses to serve maskless customers = Nazi Germany!!!1

One of the main tenants of the American Fascist movement is Legal Exceptionalism...or at least the belief and pursuit of the idea that the law is only for certain people. Crap jails are only for certain people. Police brutality is only for certain people. The second part that makes American Fascism unlikely to succeed is the constant grifts and cash-grabs by their people from their own people.

That one "Trumpy Bear" insurrectionist who called a reporter a "faggot" over and over again owns a hair salon in LA and donated about $30k to "save America" so of course those she gave the money to are not gonna say "Sorry, We failed to deliver" instead they are going to blame the Democrats for taking her dummy bux.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Stewart Rhodes was arrested.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/p ... ation.html

Not sure what this is going to do with the claim that the Feds were leading the Oathkeepers.

My favorite Rhodes video is the one where this smallish 20-something asks him about the insurrection he advocated and Rhodes followed him around saying "Wanna fight?" It was pure high school loophole law.

Rhodes is rumored to be smart. But I disagree.

I think he rode that wave of veteran worship to Yale in the early 2000s. I mean, Sydney Powel and Lin Wood are lawyers and no one ever assumed they were smart.

But because of his rumored intellect they think he will be smart enough to crack and squeal, I do not think he will. I think he is dumb enough to think some operatives are gonna save him.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Apparently Rhodes is being charged with Seditious Conspiracy.

And to prove my theory that he is not really the "intellectual militia member" but rather a run-of-the-mill dipshit:

Mr. Rhodes, a former Army paratrooper who went on to earn a law degree at Yale, has been under investigation for his role in Jan. 6 since at least last spring when, against the advice of his lawyer, he sat down with F.B.I. agents for an interview in Texas.

Never talk to the Feds. Even if you are cooperating and trying to help, always have a lawyer present.

I mean, any constitutional lawyer would tell you that right?

The dude is an idiot.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Kurt wrote:https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/leader-oath-keepers-and-10-other-individuals-indicted-federal-court-seditious-conspiracy

The indictment.
Up to 20 years. On top of other charges. Whelp, they're toast.

Actual plan seems kind silly, things would have ended less bloodless if these people had started using those alleged firearms.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:41 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote:https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/leader-oath-keepers-and-10-other-individuals-indicted-federal-court-seditious-conspiracy

The indictment.
Up to 20 years. On top of other charges. Whelp, they're toast.

Actual plan seems kind silly, things would have ended less bloodless if these people had started using those alleged firearms.

Up to.....

Still burning a cop car at a BLM protest is 40 years.
Burn a cop car in a Sporting event riot= Hey! Stop those shennanigans and go home.
Help Orchestrate an event that killed a cop and threatened to kill congressmen and the vice president of the US is 20 years...up to. And a fine.

But yah, its not looking good for Rhodes....who lost his eye do to a gun whoopsie rather than combat.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 am

Kurt wrote: Up to.....

Still burning a cop car at a BLM protest is 40 years.
Devil's advocate here, how many years for conspiring to burn a cop car?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 am

Ha. From the NYT article you linked:

“Mr. Rhodes, Mr. Vallejo and other Oath Keepers met at an Olive Garden restaurant in Vienna, Va., to “celebrate their attack on the Capitol and discuss next steps.”

Well, yeah, of course it was Olive Garden. Unlimited bread sticks, y’all. Gotta carb up. With white bread.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:52 am

Tarkan wrote:

....even though 3 fully geared SWAT team members were literally right behind her. I mean, she might have had a suicide vest on.

What do the 3 SWAT dudes have to do with the cop shooting to defend that chamber?
He probably knew they couldnt shoot toward the chamber with AR-15 since the people in the path of their fire beyond the target would be in danger.
Plus the SWAT people did not even seem to know who fired the shot until they looked in and saw the PD.

Look at it this way: Lets say in 1981 Hinkley shot at Reagan like he did, but cops were behind Hinkley and Secret service was in front of the President....like they were.
Alternate reality is Hinkley is not subdued and has another gun which he points at Reagan...The cops would not have fired at him toward the president and the Secret Service.
But the Secret Service would have fired at him, toward the cops.
Thats what the Capitol PD did. They had people they were chraged to protect. The SWAT in the back did not matter.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 am

“Also the poor ex-Junkie girl who probably started using again and OD'd and then was trod upon by the mob did not die of mob violence but she also died in the process of a crime being committed.” (Kurt)

Coroner ruled Adderall overdose. She probably went on a bender with her shady traveling companion, who won’t return her families phone calls. Had she not been trampled, once the adderall and adrenaline subsided she probably would have been okay, unable to sweat, but okay.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:05 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Coroner ruled Adderall overdose. She probably went on a bender with her shady traveling companion, who won’t return her families phone calls. Had she not been trampled, once the adderall and adrenaline subsided she probably would have been okay, unable to sweat, but okay.

I read that. Apparently her parents begged to not have that included in the report. They thought for sure it was a mistake. Kind of a sad story to read about with that one.

Ashli Babbitt apparently was one of those spazmos who rams people's cars in traffic so she could yell at them.

Anyway, Those are kind of sad but this one is funny.

More Man-Baby stuff:

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-bre ... lay-cards/

“This is in fact one of the few cases where I believe the risk of flight is a real concern,” Faruqui said, noting that Boughner’s own mother, who offered to serve as custodian if he was released, could not guarantee her son’s compliance.

He is 41 years old and lives with his mom. Mom offered guardianship but said there was no way she could get him to comply (thats a way of saying "gimme a break from this guy" ) Anyway, he then threw a hissy-snit and left the Zoom meeting to "eat his food"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe