Jumping Jesus: Pelosi

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Jumping Jesus: Pelosi

Postby ROB » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:06 am

Kurt wrote:I am a believer that if you think something is true say it, or if you have a theory, state it.

Oh, you really don't get the batshit insane conspiracy guy's modus operandi, do you?

Do your research!

Think about it!
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 am

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:I am a believer that if you think something is true say it, or if you have a theory, state it.

Oh, you really don't get the batshit insane conspiracy guy's modus operandi, do you?

Do your research!

Think about it!

There are terms I do not understand. So maybe some clarification would help.

But also I actually want to know what people making claims or counter claims believe or do not believe.

Picture this simple question:

Do you believe in ghosts?

No.

Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes.

What do you believe happens when we die? We know you do not think we become ghosts.

They will either have an answer of what they believe or else they will say they do not know. If they do not know, then it is more hopeful than anything. If they believe in a Christian type judgement, they will say so and their reasoning will be faith.

Same with QAnon shaman. They have faith he was antifa. When their evidence is flimsy or contradicted by more reputable evidence, they will have to either claim "faith" (that no one that nutty could be a Trump supporter, no matter what) or attack Reuters and every bit of evidence that the dude was a hard core Trumper

I am also curious if I have missed something. Cuz, I have done that before and I will do that again.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby MJK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:23 am

Well Kurt, I think that I opened with a statement along the lines of not being real comfortable with defcon news and I never said Reuters was fake news. Commentary to the contrary are extrapolations on your part. But you made a point there.
Webster's Dictionary tells us that a narrative is (b) a way of presenting or understanding a situation or series of events that reflects and promotes a particular point of view or set of values. You asked what my narrative is and narratives oft times belong to those who have already decided what the truth is and have no use for further examination of additional information. Sifting thru ever changing sources of info(some possibly placed to mislead or discredit) to attempt to understand events transpiring thousands of miles away leaves one without enough confirmable facts to have anything other than theories awaiting confirmation. You can readily understand the theory I have put forward earlier in this thread without subdividing the minutiae. It may well take years for the truth of this matter to be uncovered. In the meantime those supporting 'narratives' will have faith that they are correct, faith being belief in the absence of facts. Mark Twain is rumoured to have said that it is easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled. In this wilderness of black mirrors and rabbit holes, I embrace the notion that I may have been fooled. Do you?
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:37 pm

MJK wrote:Well Kurt, I think that I opened with a statement along the lines of not being real comfortable with defcon news and I never said Reuters was fake news. Commentary to the contrary are extrapolations on your part. But you made a point there.
Webster's Dictionary tells us that a narrative is (b) a way of presenting or understanding a situation or series of events that reflects and promotes a particular point of view or set of values. You asked what my narrative is and narratives oft times belong to those who have already decided what the truth is and have no use for further examination of additional information. Sifting thru ever changing sources of info(some possibly placed to mislead or discredit) to attempt to understand events transpiring thousands of miles away leaves one without enough confirmable facts to have anything other than theories awaiting confirmation. You can readily understand the theory I have put forward earlier in this thread without subdividing the minutiae. It may well take years for the truth of this matter to be uncovered. In the meantime those supporting 'narratives' will have faith that they are correct, faith being belief in the absence of facts. Mark Twain is rumoured to have said that it is easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled. In this wilderness of black mirrors and rabbit holes, I embrace the notion that I may have been fooled. Do you?

You did say you were not comfortable with the source but you seemed to be comfortable with the story the uncomfortable source stated.

There is always a chance I am getting fooled constantly.

Lets take the Black 555 carat diamond from Space in the news.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/enigm ... index.html

Looks cool as hell. I want to believe it is a black diamond from space, but really the amount of people who will be witness to this and can confirm it is indeed a diamond and it is likely from space is a pretty small number.
Lets say it is auctioned off and an "anonymous buyer" purchases it. Then 2 years later Jewelry is for sale that is made from the stone. If it turned out that the whole thing was a hoax to sell Jewelry later I would have been fooled. To be fair there is not much I could have done or would have cared to do to confirm or deny it was actually a real item.

While the QAnon shaman is easy to check. You gotta believe a whole bunch of other stuff to believe he is Antifa. You gotta believe that the prosecuting attorney and his defense attorney both conspired to withold information during the discovery phase of the case, you gotta believe that someone wants to frame Trump and QAnon suporters with a mentally unbalanced person to make them look bad and not that either movement is able to attract mentally unwell people. You gotta believe past rallies he was at were just a precursor by an antifa activist to make sure the upcoming January 6th performace is convincing. It would also help to believe that all of January 6th was a set up by anti-Trump forces rather than by Trump supporters.

The probability of being fooled is always present, but the probability decreases with the complexity of the incident.

For an example of complexity making something hard to fake try to plan, but don't bother throwing, a fake birthday party with like 10 guests. The only criteria is that it cannot be a birthday party but everyone who is notified of it's past existance has to believe it was a birthday party. As many people can conspire on this as needed but each conspirator is a chance someone finds out "the truth".

I'll tell you right now, it is pretty hard to do and cost over-runs are crazy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:46 am

PWNED
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:56 am

Kurt, I don't think that I said outright that your boy buffalo hat was antifa, with a small a. I still have a hunch that hidden hands were at work on the 6th of January, but outside of what I have presented a hunch is all that I got. Didn't really follow what I assume was an analogy but i appreciate the effort. I also didn't thank you for your welcome back as I viewed it with suspicion due to some of our previous interactions. A new year dictates a fresh start, so thank you for expressing concern and relief that I still suck air as it were. We go way back so to speak, you have kept my secret and old age makes me sentimental.

ROB, ROB, ROB....what's it like to have wound up having to applaud others' PWNing of me when you know it would be SO satisfying if you could somehow, some way do it yourself? Has my superior wordsmithing broken your spirit? That was not my intent...let's hug it out... come get a hug from Daddy. Daddy still loves you.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:47 pm

MJK wrote: In this wilderness of black mirrors and rabbit holes, I embrace the notion that I may have been fooled.
Don't feel too bad about it, MJK. Remember that "some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time" saying.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm

PWNed again.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Well of COURSE I was; and you helped and we are all proud of you. And as was stated before, your writing is vastly improved by your use of fewer and fewer words. Your next post should just be, "HONK!", which would signal that this thread is your clown car and you have stopped and gotten out to contribute. That one could become an NFT I daresay.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:34 pm

PWNed!
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe