That Hostage thing in Texas

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

That Hostage thing in Texas

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm

I knew it was not a homegrown white nut, as I suspect they would have never taken hostages. So I assumed it was homegrown Muslim nut or homegrown black Israelite type nut.

Never guessed it would be a traveling Brit Muslim nut.

The claim is he purchased his gun "on the street" ...maybe illegal guns are as easy to get in Texas as legal guns, but getting guns "on the street" in NYC is quite different. One usually has to know a supplier who gets them from a corrupt cop.

I was wondering if Texas cities have "Community Guns" like gangs in NYC have.
Here a whole gang may have 1 or 2 guns hidden somewhere to use if needed. If you watch the right people you could get a "free" gun (possibly tied to multiple shootings) so maybe Brit Terry found one of those.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: That Hostage thing in Texas

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:17 pm

Kurt wrote:I knew it was not a homegrown white nut, as I suspect they would have never taken hostages. So I assumed it was homegrown Muslim nut or homegrown black Israelite type nut.

That was their plan in Michigan, to take Governor Whitmer, though I guess that wouldn’t be a hostage scenario, as their plan was to try, convict and execute her. Same in Ohio, kidnapping & killing Governor DeWine for tyranny.

I’ve heard of people “disappearing”; people who are non-public officials that engage in grassroots activism for progressive causes. There are individuals and groups all over the country taking names. I don’t know if this is true. I hope that it’s not.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
Kurt wrote:I knew it was not a homegrown white nut, as I suspect they would have never taken hostages. So I assumed it was homegrown Muslim nut or homegrown black Israelite type nut.

That was their plan in Michigan, to take Governor Whitmer, though I guess that wouldn’t be a hostage scenario, as their plan was to try, convict and execute her. Same in Ohio, kidnapping & killing Governor DeWine for tyranny.

I’ve heard of people “disappearing”; people who are non-public officials that engage in grassroots activism for progressive causes. There are individuals and groups all over the country taking names. I don’t know if this is true. I hope that it’s not.

My guess is the type of white nazi nuts who would go into a synagogue with a gun would just shoot and keep shooting.

The Whitmer case is likely going to go titsup since the Feds got the world's shittiest informant. ...but even the Feds worst informant, Whitey Bulger, still had all the cases stick even though the FBI and the informant were both bent in those cases.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:

You mean the Michigan plot that had 7 FBI agents/informants and 5 patsies? I would love to know how much of that plot was generated by the 5 dupes being prosecuted vs being proposed and planned by the FBI folks.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:28 pm

The claim is he purchased his gun "on the street" ...maybe illegal guns are as easy to get in Texas as legal guns, but getting guns "on the street" in NYC is quite different. One usually has to know a supplier who gets them from a corrupt cop.

Here a whole gang may have 1 or 2 guns hidden somewhere to use if needed. If you watch the right people you could get a "free" gun (possibly tied to multiple shootings) so maybe Brit Terry found one of those.

In Texas, it is perfectly legal to sell a firearm to another adult in a face to face transaction without involving the state, or the State.

Was it determined whether or not he had a backpack full of explosives? Those would be a bit harder to procure.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:30 pm

Kurt wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:

My guess is the type of white nazi nuts who would go into a synagogue with a gun would just shoot and keep shooting.

The Whitmer case is likely going to go titsup since the Feds got the world's shittiest informant. ...but even the Feds worst informant, Whitey Bulger, still had all the cases stick even though the FBI and the informant were both bent in those cases.

The FBI had a better reputation back then. Now everyone knows the FBI is thoroughly corrupt. The Democrats don't care because it benefits them, the Republicans won't do anything because they are compromised, but at this point they are little different than the NKVD.

I'm curious if this synagogue hostage event was another FBI instigated Curtis Culwell type incident.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:05 am

Tarkan wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:

You mean the Michigan plot that had 7 FBI agents/informants and 5 patsies? I would love to know how much of that plot was generated by the 5 dupes being prosecuted vs being proposed and planned by the FBI folks.

Oops I was wrong. It had 12 agents and 6 dupes.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm

I really admire that Rabbi and the congregants taken hostage. They handled the standoff with great poise and courage.
Of course, if it had been a right wing nut job they’d have all been dead within minutes.
Like in the Pittsburgh synagogue. Like in the Charleston church basement. Like in the El Paso Walmart.

Stochastic terrorism. It’s the new normal that nobody likes to talk about and it’s not perpetrated by Traveling Brit nut jobs. It’s perpetrated by “patriots” who are homegrown Americans.

Not stochastic, as it was a collectively organized event: The January 6 Insurrection Terrorist Attack ….. hey, Ted Cruz called it terrorism. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Mike Pence came mighty close to swinging from that rope. Honestly, and I’m not saying this with derision, it must have been terrifying for him and Mother. Code Brown for Mother and VP. He couldn’t even trust Trump’s Secret Service, who had ordered him into a vehicle to be taken away. I don’t blame him for refusing.

Anyway, the idea of a mob-lynching of ANYONE on the Capitol grounds, or anywhere, is anathema to me, but unfortunately it’s tradition to those who were there participating.

“It wasn’t us! It was Antifa! It wasn’t us! It was the FBI!”, is the bombastic and shrill claim. Sayings it’s so don’t make it so, assholes.

Other night I came across a short story written by Eudora Welty in 1963, which she sat down and wrote hours after the murder of Medgar Evers in Mississippi. It’s an eerie and uncomfortable read, but excellent, great writer that she was. It’s written in the first person, getting into the head-space of the killer who shot Mr. Evers with his rifle. It wasn’t known yet who the murderer was, but she sure captured him.

Here it is if you want to read it. It’s prescient.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1963 ... oming-from
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:39 pm

Wow, you really are a delusional twit Seek.

Yep, totally lucky the hostage taker was a crazy Islamist instead of a right winger, because we know those crazy Muslims are just harmless types.

I mean:
WTC attack 1993 - 6 dead, 1042 injured
September 11, 2001 - 2996 dead, 25,000 injured
DC Area, 2002 - 10 dead, 3 wounded
Fort Hood, 2009 - 13 dead, 30 injured
Boston Marathon Bombing, 2013 - 3 dead, 183 injured
Chattanooga, Tennessee, 2015 - 5 dead
San Bernadino, 2015 - 14 dead, 22 injured
Pulse Night Club Florida, 2015 - 49 dead, 53 injured
Lower Manhattan, 2017 - 8 dead, 12 injured

And those are just the attacks with fatalities. Several other attacks had the potential to be deadly but ended up being ended early (e.g., Curtis Culwell attack).
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:59 pm

Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:05 am

Yawn. Whattaboutism is dead.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:26 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Yawn. Whattaboutism is dead.

Plus we have a 21 year old infrastructure to handle Muslim Terries.

A few months ago the Proud Boys marched through Grand Central Station, threatening people and doing mass fare evasion. Cops just stood around.

So, being an Infrastructure Cyber Security guy I had to find "Agency Intelligence" on Right Wing threats.

So I talked to our people in the MTA-PD and the NYCPD. They said that they have a playbook for handling "Counterprotesters" to Right Wing groups but have been told since the Obama admin that the Right Wing groups themselves were not a threat because they were too "small".

But I can get a full report on known individuals and officials who are sympathetic with Boko Haram. If Boko had threatened any Operational Technology Infrastructure like the Proud Boys / Oath Keepers did I would have gotten a call from our liaisons.

https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-thr ... ys-1574093

Now if Muslims or "Counter Protesters" had threatened to do this for DC there would have been arrests, but only because there is active intel on those groups. With my job I have to review all similar threats to our systems (water, power and ventilation systems all run the same stuff pretty much) and develop a plan based on existing plans.

No plans exist. Threaten DC's water supply, storm the Capitol and the primary Threat Intel is on Leftists and Muslims with a smattering of JDL types.

So Whatabout Muslims? That's covered. Many times over.
Whatabout Lefties? They got unmarked vans that can grab them anywhere in the US (and did this summer) to interrogate them about threats.

If a new form of Cancer is discovered that is not as deadly as Prostate and Breast Cancer we do not say "What About Breast Cancer?" (well, WE probably do) We focus on the new cancer threat as well.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:58 pm

Kurt, the reason why you don't have any intel on right wing threats is because the FBI is running those groups, and they'll trot out some conspiracy arrests when they need some positive media coverage and administration support.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Tarkan wrote:Kurt, the reason why you don't have any intel on right wing threats is because the FBI is running those groups, and they'll trot out some conspiracy arrests when they need some positive media coverage and administration support.

No they aren't.

Intelligence is based on past intelligence.

We focused on Muslims and Lefties and a bit of JDL on the side so we are taken aback when some other group does something.

Having seen this process for critical infrastructure protection first hand I can say with confidence that when something pops up, even like people marching right in front of your face the rank-and-file say "What do we do" and the admins consult playbooks and see that there is no playbook on this particular group or similar groups and then they say "They are not rated as a threat." When the Proud Boys marched through Grand Central the beat cops asked what to do and their playbook said "Watch out for the counter protesters"

I know because I analyzed this faulty response and we found that the reliance on intel rather than the reliance of what is right in front of your face and happening at that moment was the problem. Beat cops, Administrators and everyone agreed that was the issue.

If the FBI had been "running" them what likely would have happened was an FBI liaison would contact an MTAPD person and say "we are handling this".

That did not happen.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Kurt, the reason why you don't have any intel on right wing threats is because the FBI is running those groups, and they'll trot out some conspiracy arrests when they need some positive media coverage and administration support.

No they aren't.

Intelligence is based on past intelligence.

We focused on Muslims and Lefties and a bit of JDL on the side so we are taken aback when some other group does something.

Having seen this process for critical infrastructure protection first hand I can say with confidence that when something pops up, even like people marching right in front of your face the rank-and-file say "What do we do" and the admins consult playbooks and see that there is no playbook on this particular group or similar groups and then they say "They are not rated as a threat." When the Proud Boys marched through Grand Central the beat cops asked what to do and their playbook said "Watch out for the counter protesters"

I know because I analyzed this faulty response and we found that the reliance on intel rather than the reliance of what is right in front of your face and happening at that moment was the problem. Beat cops, Administrators and everyone agreed that was the issue.

If the FBI had been "running" them what likely would have happened was an FBI liaison would contact an MTAPD person and say "we are handling this".

That did not happen.

Used to, post 9/11 when DHS was established, the domestic threats they identified were the fringe groups like ELF and ALF. They’d reference events/people like Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph as case studies, but beyond that showed no real push in examining right-wing domestic threats.

The idea that the FBI planned, staged and held the 1/6/21 insurrection is ridiculous and reeks of desperation. If anything, the FBI’s interference in the 2016 election (James Comey thanks a fucking lot) showed their Conservative inclinations. There aren’t a lot of lefties working for the FBI as agents.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe