The American Experiment

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The American Experiment

Postby sparrow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:23 am

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/202 ... n-business

Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this. Have you noticed that these types of stations don't exist in other western democracies? Not that Rupert hasn't tried. He can't even get one running in his own country. He tried in Britain once but was immediately fined hundreds of thousands of dollars and the station lasted less than a month. Being a news organization is a serious business and it should be treated as such, and held up to scrutiny at all times. I think it was Ronald Reagan that watered down the rules in your country regarding this on your behalf. The result isn't pretty.

Somebody should do some work here but as we all know, white supremacists are still running the senate show. You ever wonder why they all get so rich after they get into office?

Yeah, that's it. That's what they're trying to protect. And you aren't in the club.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Re: The American Experiment

Postby ROB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 am

I thought they legalised weed in Canada.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:06 pm

I rather like Tucker. Greg and Tyrus are pretty cool too. Much better than the douchbags at CNN. Don Lemoan should be taken out and shot.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:13 pm

Tucker Carlson is a prissy demagogue. Don Lemon is annoying as all get out. I’m glad they booted Chris Cuomo. I don’t ever watch CNN though. I met Wolf Blitzer once in a hotel room. He was very polite, asked if he should dial 9 to get an outside line. There’s a story behind that, but feel free to make up one of your own which would be more interesting than the real reason I was in a hotel room with Wolf Blitzer.

I liked Keith Olbermann a lot. So quick.

I liked Don Imus’ morning show on MSNBC even though his asshole behaviors and comments on air could be pretty cringeworthy. He conducted great off the cuff phone interviews with various pundits and players and he had great taste in music, a real champion for real country. Any given morning tuning into spontaneous appearances from the likes of Levon Helm. Emmy Lou Harris. The Flatlanders. He shit the bed though with his cruel comments about the women basketball players. It didn’t help that he’d surround himself on his show with his fawning yes-men staff who’d egg him on.

Watching news at night is not watching news, it’s all commentary. It’s just noise.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 am

rickshaw92 wrote:I rather like Tucker.

Seriously, what is there to like? He's a propagandist tool who is contributing to the destruction of his own country. Is that your angle pal?
Also, I don't watch CNN, I just grab things in news feeds. Speaking of which, what the fuck is going on here?

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/police- ... ket-newtab

It's like you're eating your own.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby ROB » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:09 am

seektravelinfo wrote:T
I liked Keith Olbermann a lot.

First time I saw him, I thought he was doing satire.

Dude lays it on thick.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 pm

sparrow wrote:https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/20/anti-immigration-panic-reality-check-orig-jg.cnn-business

Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this.

Yes, we should totally ban speech I disagree with. Onwards comrade!
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby SRR » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 am

Apparently America is now so Great, illegal immigrants in Canada are trying to sneak in! Should we thank Trump or Biden?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/m ... ar-AASYNu9
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby el3so » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:02 am

Tarkan wrote:
sparrow wrote: Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this.

Yes, we should totally ban speech I disagree with.

Shame they call it horseshoe theory if it looks, sounds, smells and works like a boomerang.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:24 am

SRR wrote:Apparently America is now so Great, illegal immigrants in Canada are trying to sneak in! Should we thank Trump or Biden?

One of the most difficult things is getting tropical people to understand the cold.
Ignoring the fact that India contains the Himilayas, my plan for fleeing the fascists in 2024 will be to move to India and teach elocution and winter dressing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
sparrow wrote: Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this.

Yes, we should totally ban speech I disagree with.

Shame they call it horseshoe theory if it looks, sounds, smells and works like a boomerang.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:07 am

Kurt wrote:One of the most difficult things is getting tropical people to understand the cold.

This.

Watching some of the dumb shit things that tourists do when they get here has made me realise how little I know about not doing dumb shit in the snow. I would be dead inside 12 hours.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:27 am

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:One of the most difficult things is getting tropical people to understand the cold.

This.

Watching some of the dumb shit things that tourists do when they get here has made me realise how little I know about not doing dumb shit in the snow. I would be dead inside 12 hours.

A problem is we assume the basics like "stay warm by wearing a hat and gloves" instead of "wear underclothes and heavier outerclothes, with a thick jacket and good socks etc etc"

I have seen many West Africans freezing their asses off wearing regular clothes plus hat and gloves.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:57 am

SRR wrote:Apparently America is now so Great, illegal immigrants in Canada are trying to sneak in! Should we thank Trump or Biden?

It totally sucks that a kid froze to death, but otherwise a zillion ppl crossed the border the other way in the last few years so it wouldn't be surprising that a few may go the other way.

But man don't cross a prarie border in the winter on foot unless you want to end up an icicle. Other than that, and the fact you can sit on your front porch and watch your dog run away for the next 3 days, the praries are cool.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:21 am

ROB wrote:

This.

Seen more than a few Aussie backpackers who thought shorts and thongs were appropriate attire for winter in Europe. Just saying.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe