The American Experiment

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: The American Experiment

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:12 pm

snaark wrote:
ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:One of the most difficult things is getting tropical people to understand the cold.

This.

Watching some of the dumb shit things that tourists do when they get here has made me realise how little I know about not doing dumb shit in the snow. I would be dead inside 12 hours.

Seen more than a few Aussie backpackers who thought shorts and thongs were appropriate attire for winter in Europe. Just saying.

That's because they knew it would result in some hot German chick "rescuing" them. C'mon dude, were you born yesterday?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Nah, you got it wrong, you hook up with Aussies while backpacking, you don't hook up with backpacking Aussies.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:25 pm

There’s always a guy, in any neighborhood, always see this here, who will clomp around the streets in shorts, flipflops and a baseball cap following a blizzard. I am grateful though to the one who pushed my car to get it unstuck from an unplowed street the other day.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:There’s always a guy, in any neighborhood, always see this here, who will clomp around the streets in shorts, flipflops and a baseball cap following a blizzard. I am grateful though to the one who pushed my car to get it unstuck from an unplowed street the other day.

How grateful is the only question.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:24 pm

el3so wrote:Nah, you got it wrong, you hook up with Aussies while backpacking, you don't hook up with backpacking Aussies.

You must be new here.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:20 pm

ROB wrote:
el3so wrote:Nah, you got it wrong, you hook up with Aussies while backpacking, you don't hook up with backpacking Aussies.
You must be new here.

Is that your usual pick up line?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:16 am

Like you need a pickup line.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:50 pm

Hey, who needs pickup lines when you have boyish good looks, a charming personality and a finely honed skill to sniff out human weakness?
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby sparrow » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:08 am

Tarkan wrote:
sparrow wrote:https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/20/anti-immigration-panic-reality-check-orig-jg.cnn-business

Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this.

Yes, we should totally ban speech I disagree with. Onwards comrade!

Well then the answer is pretty simple isn't it? Say it's not a news program/organization and we're good, capiche?
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Maus by Art Spiegleman is supposed to get banned by Tennessee Schools.

And teachers have been asked to "be neutral" about Nazism while teaching about it.

And official law enforcement policies are to treat anti-nazis worse than actual Nazis.

But, lets worry about Tucker (still employed) and Joe Rogan (still employed) getting cancelled by woke commies.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:33 pm

I enjoyed Maus, not because of anything new or particularly shocking in it about the Holocaust, but because you get a glimpse of what life is/was as the child of a Shoah survivor. Graphics are okay.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:55 am

sparrow wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
sparrow wrote:https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/20/anti-immigration-panic-reality-check-orig-jg.cnn-business

Also, Tucker Carlson is a propagandist tool and the company he works for should not be allowed to call itself a NEWS organization, and, there should be legislation enacted that reflects this.

Well then the answer is pretty simple isn't it? Say it's not a news program/organization and we're good, capiche?

Which organizations are "news" organizations? Most of the anchors are commentators speaking to the choir, not journalists.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:39 am

Kurt wrote:Maus by Art Spiegleman is supposed to get banned by Tennessee Schools.

And teachers have been asked to "be neutral" about Nazism while teaching about it.

And official law enforcement policies are to treat anti-nazis worse than actual Nazis.

But, lets worry about Tucker (still employed) and Joe Rogan (still employed) getting cancelled by woke commies.
It's public schools and and it's local law enforcement. Officials get elected, slippery slope if you start not counting some people 's votes.
The media personalities are a part of private companies. Can't argue much about what non-criminal flavour of entertainment people want to spend their own money on.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby sparrow » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:33 am

Tarkan wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Which organizations are "news" organizations? Most of the anchors are commentators speaking to the choir, not journalists.

Alright. There's many sites out there. Maybe try this:

https://consortiumnews.com/
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe