Abortion Ban

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Abortion Ban

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:26 am

rickshaw92 wrote:I have always liked the guy.

Until now, I’d not heard of him and it’d be fine if I never hear of him again.

I didn’t come to this thread to argue or defend my own position on women’s privacy and their reproductive freedom including unrestricted access to safe abortion.

But Rickshaw, honestly, this doesn’t suit my picture of you, which is of a happy-go-lucky live and let live kind of man. What happened to you? It seems you’ve changed, and cunts like this guy inundating YouTube and talk radio are appealing to your lowest nature. You’re better than that. You’ve been bamboozled.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:15 am

Oh I'm still a happy go lucky typ of guy Seeks I just find this guy's videos to have a degree of entertainment value and whilst I don't necessarily agree with everything he sounds off on I do agree with some.

As for the whole abortion issue, I have never given it much thought as I m a dude. Kinda like the tax on tampons thing that was in the news over here screw years ago. Nuthin to do with me.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby mb » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:50 am

rickshaw92 wrote:
As for the whole abortion issue, I have never given it much thought as I m a dude. Kinda like the tax on tampons thing that was in the news over here screw years ago. Nuthin to do with me.

Ah, but the US Supreme Court ruling has (as a minority consenting opinion by Thomas) proposed extending the concept in said ruling to a contraception ban, and a ban on other sex related rights which the US Supreme Court established in the same way. Oddly enough he didn't mention miscegenation which didn't quite follow the same ideas but awfully close.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:01 pm

mb wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:

Ah, but the US Supreme Court ruling has (as a minority consenting opinion by Thomas) proposed extending the concept in said ruling to a contraception ban, and a ban on other sex related rights which the US Supreme Court established in the same way. Oddly enough he didn't mention miscegenation which didn't quite follow the same ideas but awfully close.

Also a dude but dude with friends whose lives would've been irrevocably changed or lost without legal rights to termination. Sister with miscarriage, close friend with deadly ectopic pregnancy, etc. This is in a country without universal basic healthcare, without maternity leave, without support for those that have children. The GOP whines about "the children" all the fucking time but do very little to actually help or protect them. This issue also stretches into the rights of individuals and privacy to make their own decisions. It's also another facet in with the war against poor people. "Crossing state lines" can be impossible for those in bad situations -- and now you have some states that want to restrict even that. Restricting internal travel between US states? That's some real authoritarian shit.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:20 am

It's not about enjoying your own life.

It's about making sure other people don't enjoy theirs.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pm

ROB wrote:It's not about enjoying your own life.

Yep, you called it perfectly. Consequences of decision making is so patriarchal anyway.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:09 pm

Tarkan wrote:

Yep, you called it perfectly. Consequences of decision making is so patriarchal anyway.

What are the consequences you are talking about? Fucking = Pregnancy or Fucking = The State knows and may stop you at the border?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

What are the consequences you are talking about? Fucking = Pregnancy or Fucking = The State knows and may stop you at the border?

Well, fucking = state knows and may stop you at the border is theoretical at this point, but fucking without birth control may lead to pregnancy is not.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Well, fucking = state knows and may stop you at the border is theoretical at this point, but fucking without birth control may lead to pregnancy is not.

Theoretical as in proposed and advocated by some.

Now as far as consequences goes I would like to ask what is so great about consequences?

People either bareback it and get knocked up but some have condoms break and then the line is "well, you shouldn't be having sex, those are the consequences" or "you should also be on the pill" etc. etc.

But if it was really about consequences every car accident would just be a giant "fuck you for being on the road" So we try to mitigate consequences, even if we do something dumb.
Ever sprained your ankle in the woods? I have. Luckily I was able to limp out on my own but if not we have systems that mitigate the consequences of not looking where you step or wearing crappy shoes.
We mitigate the consequences of taking a crap by having plumbing and sewage treatment, we mitigate the consequences of staying up late with lighting and some places even have 24/7 public transportation to cart home drunks and people who work late shifts. Do we let cancer kill smokers or do we let liver disease kill drinkers? Newp, most of civilized society is mitigating consequences because consequences shorter our lives and make them shittier. They even make people's lives shittier who are not affected directly, like with better roads and crash safety systems on cars.

The whole consequences as being something people are legally enforced to comply with rotten. It will make someone's life crap and even promiscuous people who refuse to use birth control getting abortion after abortion will not hurt anyone.
but wait...they will hurt the little baby in her tummy!
Yep, that baby is fucked. No denying it. Some uteruses are basically meat grinders.
All smokers are idiots to the degree that smoking is really bad for you. I know cuz I was / am a smoking idiot who does not want to face any consequences for my behavior from age 18 to 44.
All drinkers are idiots and I have no intention of facing consequences from my boozing from age 17 to present.
All anti-vaxers are idiots and because I am vaxed I see no reason why they should not be forced to live with their choice and endure measels...but luckily sadistic Pro-Vax motherfuckers like me are not in charge of passing a law denying someone health care to face their consequences.
So you just gotta say "The Widdle Tummy Baby is more important that society as a whole's health care and women who fuck must always take giving birth as a consequence." Because that is what this ruling is.

Of course it can never be extended to our society's other consequence mitigation methods.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Whatever

Postby denise » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:14 am

When it gets down to it having a child is a sacrifice for most people as much and as you would like to live as if it's all about you it no longer is.

Whether planned or not if you go thru with it you will have to grow up if you are a decent human being and that's not such a bad thing because you will grow old regardless.

You will also experience the greatest love that one human being can have for another and that is something worth having.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Re: Whatever

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:51 am

denise wrote:When it gets down to it having a child is a sacrifice for most people as much and as you would like to live as if it's all about you it no longer is.

Whether planned or not if you go thru with it you will have to grow up if you are a decent human being and that's not such a bad thing because you will grow old regardless.

You will also experience the greatest love that one human being can have for another and that is something worth having.

Hows Patriot doing these days?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Tarkan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Kurt wrote:Theoretical as in proposed and advocated by some.

Now as far as consequences goes I would like to ask what is so great about consequences?

People either bareback it and get knocked up but some have condoms break and then the line is "well, you shouldn't be having sex, those are the consequences" or "you should also be on the pill" etc. etc.

But if it was really about consequences every car accident would just be a giant "fuck you for being on the road" So we try to mitigate consequences, even if we do something dumb.
Ever sprained your ankle in the woods? I have. Luckily I was able to limp out on my own but if not we have systems that mitigate the consequences of not looking where you step or wearing crappy shoes.
We mitigate the consequences of taking a crap by having plumbing and sewage treatment, we mitigate the consequences of staying up late with lighting and some places even have 24/7 public transportation to cart home drunks and people who work late shifts. Do we let cancer kill smokers or do we let liver disease kill drinkers? Newp, most of civilized society is mitigating consequences because consequences shorter our lives and make them shittier. They even make people's lives shittier who are not affected directly, like with better roads and crash safety systems on cars.

The whole consequences as being something people are legally enforced to comply with rotten. It will make someone's life crap and even promiscuous people who refuse to use birth control getting abortion after abortion will not hurt anyone.
but wait...they will hurt the little baby in her tummy!
Yep, that baby is fucked. No denying it. Some uteruses are basically meat grinders.
All smokers are idiots to the degree that smoking is really bad for you. I know cuz I was / am a smoking idiot who does not want to face any consequences for my behavior from age 18 to 44.
All drinkers are idiots and I have no intention of facing consequences from my boozing from age 17 to present.
All anti-vaxers are idiots and because I am vaxed I see no reason why they should not be forced to live with their choice and endure measels...but luckily sadistic Pro-Vax motherfuckers like me are not in charge of passing a law denying someone health care to face their consequences.
So you just gotta say "The Widdle Tummy Baby is more important that society as a whole's health care and women who fuck must always take giving birth as a consequence." Because that is what this ruling is.

Of course it can never be extended to our society's other consequence mitigation methods.

Wow, that was a powerful and moving argument.

You've totally convinced me of the propriety and justness of allowing women to kill babies in the womb.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:49 pm

Yep. We kill babies in the womb. But we dont murder them.
Your point earlier was codifying consequences of behaviour into law.

Then you go to baby killing.

So what is your point? Abortion is bad because of killing babies? Or are consequences for behaviour only desireable when that consequence is an alive baby?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm

Emotional nonsense calling fetuses babies, invoking Jeebus and casual slut-shaming: powerful arguments indeed.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:15 am

el3so wrote:Emotional nonsense calling fetuses babies, invoking Jeebus and casual slut-shaming: powerful arguments indeed.

Where did I invoke slut shaming?

I love me some sluts. Or at least I used to, pre-marriage days.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe