LaNd oF ThE fReE

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

LaNd oF ThE fReE

Postby ROB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:59 am

From the same folks who brought you "AuStRalIa iS aUtHoRiTaRiAn"

Comes.....

Wait for it.....

State border checkpoints for women potentially crossing to get an abortion.

Seriously, I can't describe how much I fucking love you pack of clowns.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: LaNd oF ThE fReE

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 pm

ROB wrote:From the same folks who brought you "AuStRalIa iS aUtHoRiTaRiAn"

Comes.....

Wait for it.....

Whatever our red states do that is bad another one will go "oh yeah, watch this!" and become even more horrible. States tripped over themselves to have legislative sessions after the overturn to see who could pass the more horrible laws.

Meanwhile the Democrats still hope for bipartisanship. They are pretty much yelling up to the Republicans who are constructing gallows in which to hang Democrats and saying "Hey, lets cooperate on certain legislation like in the old days" and the Republicans yell down "I dunno, your Left Wing is pretty violent with all the spraypainting lately"

The funny one I heard from actual really educated people lately (Appellate Court Lawyers) was that the USA is a place worth living because of social mobility. They actually thought the US was number 1 in Social Mobility.

We are 27. barely in the top 1/3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_So ... lity_Index

Australia is 16 and the often cited as "the USA is better than.." UK is 21.

So we rank below a place with an established "We are better than you" class that is hereditary.

Of course the Scandinavian countries are in the top 5. This is the source of the frequent news articles in the US bashing Scandinavia. The most recent one was how Swedish hosts do not feed their children's friends as guests but will instead eat without them.

Then it gets said that "All of Scandinavia is like this"

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/02/worl ... inner.html

Not what I found visiting my cousin's friends as a kid in Norway but that was 40+ years ago. But the USA is the perfect place to talk about shit like this because no one will ever take their kids to Sweden to play with Swedish kids to see if they get an open faced sandwich or something. Just like Americans won't go to Australia to see what it is like, those that do will be dismissed as "elite" or something.

Anyway, it is really easy to give ignorant people a villain and if I was a villain myself I would be upping Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia for rudeness and Australia for "Authoritarianism". I think I would toss in the UK for having royalty too, just to distract us from our own New Royalty.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:35 pm

Wait for the punchline:

Now there’s Texas seriously making moves to secede from the United States of America (formerly known as Land of the Free, Home of the Brave).

They’ve been making noise about this for awhile, even though Scalia of SCOTUS stated once that no American state has the right to do so.

Ted Cruz has floated the idea, claiming that they’ve got the oil, they’ve got NASA and they have the military. I don’t know which military branch he was referring to, unless it was the plethora of Texans who are already locked and loaded. Wait, what? Texas owns NASA? Nope.

Should they succeed when they secede, how would that work? Oklahoma would be sure to follow, if they’re not scheming already. Would the tribal lands become sanctuaries, or would they be occupied and obliterated by the White Christian Right?

Would a visa be required to enter those (former) states? How would they market and sell product from their vast oil refineries in Houston and scattered around Oklahoma?

https://www.thebulwark.com/texas-republ ... secession/
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:30 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Wait for the punchline:

Now there’s Texas seriously making moves to secede from the United States of America (formerly known as Land of the Free, Home of the Brave).

They’ve been making noise about this for awhile, even though Scalia of SCOTUS stated once that no American state has the right to do so.

Ted Cruz has floated the idea, claiming that they’ve got the oil, they’ve got NASA and they have the military. I don’t know which military branch he was referring to, unless it was the plethora of Texans who are already locked and loaded. Wait, what? Texas owns NASA? Nope.

Should they succeed when they secede, how would that work? Oklahoma would be sure to follow, if they’re not scheming already. Would the tribal lands become sanctuaries, or would they be occupied and obliterated by the White Christian Right?

Would a visa be required to enter those (former) states? How would they market and sell product from their vast oil refineries in Houston and scattered around Oklahoma?

https://www.thebulwark.com/texas-republ ... secession/

When Kazahkstan separated from the USSR / Russia part of the deal was that Russia would use the Cosmodrome. Of course I doubt the current Texas government would cede Houston's control center...just to be dicks.

I have friends in Austin, Dallas and Houston and they are all like "Hey Federal Government! Hi, Remember us" The statement going around there is the Republicans are like the Uvalde shooter and the Democrats are like the Uvalde Cops.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Here is another one.

All that talk of Orwellian "New Speak" being a lefty thing. 30 years ago I remember being told "Womyn" was dangerous because it corrupted the English language (Womyn is stupid, "Myn" for men is dumber) but Texas...Their State Education Board, not just some backass Hillbilly White People Cult either..wants to change "Slavery" to "Involuntarily Relocated"

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/tx-educat ... elocation/

To their credit they asked the group of "Educators" who advised this to "revisit their language" but for some reason no one said "Kick these nuts the fuck out of here." Probably because they knew there would be repercussions from the State for doing something so bold as to kick someone who doesn't want to call Slavery Slavery.

I propose we just start calling the period between 1619 and 1865 the Zippity-Do-Da Era. Reconstruction as "Northern Occupation" and the Jim Crow era as "My oh my what a wonderful day" and 1965 until White Liberation happens as "Era of Woke Repression"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:20 pm

ROB wrote:From the same folks who brought you "AuStRalIa iS aUtHoRiTaRiAn"

Comes.....

Wait for it.....

Just to be clear on where I stand on this, not my clowns, not my circus.

Though I would prefer it if the pro-abortion Californians spreading out like locusts...just...move back to California.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:21 pm

Kurt wrote:Here is another one.

All that talk of Orwellian "New Speak" being a lefty thing. 30 years ago I remember being told "Womyn" was dangerous because it corrupted the English language (Womyn is stupid, "Myn" for men is dumber) but Texas...Their State Education Board, not just some backass Hillbilly White People Cult either..wants to change "Slavery" to "Involuntarily Relocated"

To their credit they asked the group of "Educators" who advised this to "revisit their language" but for some reason no one said "Kick these nuts the fuck out of here." Probably because they knew there would be repercussions from the State for doing something so bold as to kick someone who doesn't want to call Slavery Slavery.

I propose we just start calling the period between 1619 and 1865 the Zippity-Do-Da Era. Reconstruction as "Northern Occupation" and the Jim Crow era as "My oh my what a wonderful day" and 1965 until White Liberation happens as "Era of Woke Repression"

Maybe they are jumping on the tech bandwagon of sanitizing speech (e.g., master/slave, whitelist/blacklist).
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:07 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:Here is another one.

Maybe they are jumping on the tech bandwagon of sanitizing speech (e.g., master/slave, whitelist/blacklist).

I work with old enough equipment that I have manuals for MMI (Man Machine Interface) instead of HMI (Human Machine Interface)

But I think refusing to call Slavery Slavery is a bit more ominous than Master and Slave disks being changed to Primary and secondary. Big tech will never have dickheads 160 years later still advocating for them like Big Slavery has.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:28 am

Tarkan wrote:
Though I would prefer it if the pro-abortion Californians spreading out like locusts...just...move back to California.

They can't. There's a check point.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:29 am

Kurt wrote:Just like Americans won't go to Australia to see what it is like, those that do will be dismissed as "elite" or something.

On the contrary, Australia is the only place that the USA has a negative immigration flow.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:50 am

Kurt wrote:The funny one I heard from actual really educated people lately (Appellate Court Lawyers) was that the USA is a place worth living because of social mobility. They actually thought the US was number 1 in Social Mobility.

I gotta admit I am pretty sceptical of lists that would place countries with literal aristocracies above those without on a scale of social mobility. Perhaps what they meant was wealth mobility.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Fuck You Bor As If You Know What We Are

Postby denise » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:01 am

until both sides can admit that abortion is a tragedy i really don't see any meeting of the minds or an honest discussion. while we're at it perhaps we should disabuse the dishonest of the idea that sex is recreational particularly for women.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Re: Fuck You Bor As If You Know What We Are

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:48 am

denise wrote:until both sides can admit that abortion is a tragedy.

"admit"

lol - fuck off you clown
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:49 am

Tarkan wrote:
Just to be clear on where I stand on this, not my clowns, not my circus.

These are the clowns you support at every turn. The direction of their ideology isn't exactly a secret.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Fuck You Bor As If You Know What We Are

Postby denise » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:51 pm

ROB wrote:
denise wrote:until both sides can admit that abortion is a tragedy.

"admit"

lol - fuck off you clown

what no welcome back long time no see??

all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe