Classic Trump Business Model right here

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Classic Trump Business Model right here

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:23 pm

The American Freedom Tour

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... y-vendors/

Pay big people, don't pay the vendors and the "affiliate marketers" who were promised a 25% commission on sales. Declare bankruptcy protection and then negotiate with investors and vendors for a reduced settlement.

Trump is gonna be a big draw for a few years yet. The staggering amount of money regular people donate to groups even loosely affiliated with him is incredible and to provide Trump himself directly means they will get even more money. So someone is basically keeping all of it or paying off fake vendors first.

When this re-forms under another company here is what I would do to make some of that Trump cash without getting Trump Fucked:

Form an LLC in Florida.

Bid on being a food vendor. Over promise. Offer to do everything. But focus on providing services to Tour employees and speakers for a steep fee. Like 20X more than others. Then say it will be "tiered" with Trump and crew getting his personal chef, and anything they want made or delivered whenever they want it. Then the rest of the staff goes down in tiers. Offer the New American Freedom Tour a HUGE cut of your profits on the attendee vendors.

Have your new LLC buy an existing company that is losing money. Ideally buy one destroyed by Hurricane Ian. One with a liquor license. Assuming you win the bid.

Get down payment on the services side. Make sure it is so crazy inflated that your expenses are covered and you make a huge profit on like a 60% down payment...Which the new company will do since you promised such a high cut of the vendors take.

Advertise in Carnie Trade sites. Offer a low entrance fee and a like a 10% cut for cash intake and a 15% cut for cards. It does not really matter since the carnies will be doing all the real work and whatever money you get from them will be gravy that you have to give the New Company a cut of. Whatever the carnies give you in cash, take 75% and use the 25% pool to give the New Company their cut. Give them the promised card cut since that can be traced.....But hold off on these fees altogether until your primary catering fees are paid in full (which they won't be but you are covered since you over-charged)

When they declare bankruptcy again you can take whatever settlement and possibly even avoid paying them their cut of the carnie vendors and then bid for the next incarnation.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Classic Trump Business Model right here

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:26 pm

So thoughts about 2022 and 2024.

Who is going to be the GOP pres. nominee in 2024?

Is Trump going to run? It seems that the Dems are delighted by the thought, if he is not nominated than the chances are good he will try to burn down the GOP and maybe run as an independent.

How about Desantis? He is up for re-election as Governor if I am not mistaken. If he wins or loses that would seem to affect his chances as being the nominee, although Hurricane Ian presents him with a chance to present a leader image.

I saw some stuff floating around Tik Tok about a Trump/DSantis team in 2024, but really, why would DeSantis even start to consider this, as he would be the first one to be thrown under the bus.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:41 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:So thoughts about 2022 and 2024.

Who is going to be the GOP pres. nominee in 2024?

Is Trump going to run? It seems that the Dems are delighted by the thought, if he is not nominated than the chances are good he will try to burn down the GOP and maybe run as an independent.

How about Desantis? He is up for re-election as Governor if I am not mistaken. If he wins or loses that would seem to affect his chances as being the nominee, although Hurricane Ian presents him with a chance to present a leader image.

I saw some stuff floating around Tik Tok about a Trump/DSantis team in 2024, but really, why would DeSantis even start to consider this, as he would be the first one to be thrown under the bus.

Trump will be the nominee again. No Republican politician wants to oppose him and maybe lose their seat. The dumb thing is Democrats want him to run again. It is dumb because that is what Hillary thought (not realizing she would lose against anyone, not just Trump) so you will get weird shit like Democrat Dark Money funding pro-Trump ads.

Trump will get a non-Threat crazy Herschel Walker or MTG type to be his running mate. He wants a Veep that would do whatever he said for certification if he lost and a career politician, even one as Trumpy as DeSatis wouldn't do that.

The problem is that Trump supporters and the Saudis can only fund Trump so much. The Saudis will want results and the supporters will eventually run out of spare cash (lots of people are on the brink of ruining themselves from donating but the Media certainly does not give a shit about Trump Chumps but eventually that will be a problem for Libs to clean up)

Trumpworld needs Federal money directed toward them so he can keep rewarding his main people. The PPE Loan + Forgiveness model worked well for them but in order to keep power he needs cash and he needs to take over the Federal distribution apparatus to keep liquid or he will be reduced to the rank of a traveling Tent Preacher.

Funny how Kushner was the real winner of the Trump presidency.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:50 pm

Trump will not be the nominee. It will be DeSantis vs. Newsome (most likely).

Newsome is already running against DeSantis, not Trump.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:24 am

If DeSantis loses the Gubnatorial race is he still the front runner (apologies if I've gotten the year wrong).? If he wins I would think he would be the front runner for nomination.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:27 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:If DeSantis loses the Gubnatorial race is he still the front runner (apologies if I've gotten the year wrong).? If he wins I would think he would be the front runner for nomination.

If he starts to run for President right after being re-elected governor, and he would have to get started right away, it would not be a good look to the Floridians struggling after the devastating hurricanes. If he loses his gubernatorial race in November he’d be able to dodge that bullet, and the Democrat will have to deal with the arduous, Sisyphean and thankless task of recovery and rebuilding.

Will the Republican National Convention be contentious? Hard to say. Will the mainstream GOP just grit their teeth and nominate Trump again? Looks that way so far. I pity the city where this will take place.

The way the midterms go will determine a lot for the Republicans and their future with Trump.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:39 pm

Tarkan wrote:Trump will not be the nominee. It will be DeSantis vs. Newsome (most likely).

I get the sense that much of the 2024 Will Not Be Biden is really the press doing a story for themselves more than anything. Tons of "Hillary 2024" articles written by former Clinton campaign people out there but I think that is more PR for themselves and the upcoming campaign season than an accurate speculation.

Newsom has said he will not run.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gavin-n ... 024-2022-9
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Here is a classic "Hilary is gonna run" story.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/02/hillary-s ... -of-biden/

But you read that it is indeed "Ex Clinton Advisor" but Bill Clinton's adviser and that advisor is is Dick Morris (who's toe sucking in 1996 was what was given to the tabloids to get reporters from the Star to stop following Newt Gingrich's then mistress Calista Bisek, I know this because Callista is a friend of mine and was hiding out at another friend's house in Seattle when she called Newt and told her the place was surrounded by tabloid reporters..my weird witness to history)

And the announcement was made on perpetual Republican Gubernatorial candidate John Catsamitides AM radio program.

AM Radio is not a place that has ever been privy to Clinton's inner workings.

This is more of a ploy to get Morris to seem relevant and possibly get work as either a Moderate Dem strategist again or get employed by the Republicans again.

In her own words, like Newsom's own words, she is not gonna run.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:25 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:If DeSantis loses the Gubnatorial race is he still the front runner (apologies if I've gotten the year wrong).? If he wins I would think he would be the front runner for nomination.

No, probably not, but he's not going to lose Florida.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Trump will not be the nominee. It will be DeSantis vs. Newsome (most likely).

I get the sense that much of the 2024 Will Not Be Biden is really the press doing a story for themselves more than anything. Tons of "Hillary 2024" articles written by former Clinton campaign people out there but I think that is more PR for themselves and the upcoming campaign season than an accurate speculation.

Newsom has said he will not run.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gavin-n ... 024-2022-9

You need to listen less to what politicians say and watch what they do more.

Everything Newsome is doing is pointing towards a run.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:27 pm

double tap.

I don't think Hillary will run - too old, but the Clintons are starting to tack to the right of the progressive wing (couple of different statements on immigration recently by Bill and Hillary respectively), so something is afoot. Either they are trying to pull the Democrats back from the precipice, or they are testing the waters.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:02 pm

Tarkan wrote:double tap.

I don't think Hillary will run - too old, but the Clintons are starting to tack to the right of the progressive wing (couple of different statements on immigration recently by Bill and Hillary respectively), so something is afoot. Either they are trying to pull the Democrats back from the precipice, or they are testing the waters.

They are gonna try until they are dead. It was suggested Chelsea "might" run for Congress in New York but that was met with such ridicule and the Democratic Party, which was running an African American activist to take the bite out of the Progressives in the Primary, but also make sure they did not run a Third Party attempt and then get a moderate Republican elected instead, went ballistic and convinced her she would fuck up everything again and ruin whatever future politcal career in New York that she hoped to have.

So she announced she was never going to run anyway.

The only thing they succeeded at when they left the White House was Hillary's Senate run (which was the last vestige of real Democratic Party power in New York State with Moynihan hand picking her as his successor (Now AOC and the Progs would eat anyone alive who tried that) and the Clinton Foundation raked in a lot of Gulf State Oil Money until she lost to Trump in 2016.

Ironically Chelsea would have a better chance in Politics if her parents were dead. New York State likes Liberal Women like Chelsea but they still want the women to work for it (this standard does not exist for Male politicians...see Cuomo) but should would probably settle in to getting cash from the multiple boards she sits on and her consulting gigs.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm skeptical how much influence and power the progressive wing of the Democratic party *really* has. Meaning, I don't think it will necessarily be the progressives that block a Clinton resurgence, it'll be the money behind the Democrats that block them. Which is going to be the same situation with Trump (and like Biden). Big money is going to flow away from those candidates to alternatives seen as more electable by the powers that be. In 2016, Hillary had a pretty significant money advantage, but Trump got a tremendous amount of free positive coverage during the GOP primary (which was likely an intentional part of the Clinton "pied piper" strategy in encouraging Trump to run in the first place) and figured out how to leverage social media to market his campaign. Both the positive media coverage and the social media angle have been taken away from him, so unless the media decides to rehabilitate Trump for the GOP primary (yet again), I don't see him getting the votes necessary to overcome the spending advantage that DeSantis is going to have. Trump won't self fund his campaign.

BTW, AOC isn't really a progressive. She's an actress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/c ... ing_makes/
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Tarkan wrote:I'm skeptical how much influence and power the progressive wing of the Democratic party *really* has. Meaning, I don't think it will necessarily be the progressives that block a Clinton resurgence, it'll be the money behind the Democrats that block them. Which is going to be the same situation with Trump (and like Biden). Big money is going to flow away from those candidates to alternatives seen as more electable by the powers that be. In 2016, Hillary had a pretty significant money advantage, but Trump got a tremendous amount of free positive coverage during the GOP primary (which was likely an intentional part of the Clinton "pied piper" strategy in encouraging Trump to run in the first place) and figured out how to leverage social media to market his campaign. Both the positive media coverage and the social media angle have been taken away from him, so unless the media decides to rehabilitate Trump for the GOP primary (yet again), I don't see him getting the votes necessary to overcome the spending advantage that DeSantis is going to have. Trump won't self fund his campaign.

BTW, AOC isn't really a progressive. She's an actress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/c ... ing_makes/

Here we had to put up with the stereotypical "Big City Democrats". To some degree we still do, but the idea that an incumbent can send his aid to debate a candidate competing for the nomination is now dead and that is all due to progressives.
Same with Designated successors.
Giuliani is still more akin to a New York Democrat than he is to a Republican, in a way Trump is too (patronage, constantly sued and on trial for crimes while supporters claim he is targeted unfairly by political opponents...That is a total Old School New York Democrat way of existing). They are now "Conservative" in the way that bigots are conservative but designating a son to run for Governor with no experience and expecting to capitalize off the success of his father...Total Democrat thing. Even if the father is hated but still has supporters so he runs his son...also a total Democrat thing. (NY Democrat)

The Progs destroyed that in the actual Democratic party here in NY. It still exists a bit in Brooklyn, which is nominally run by Charles Barron, but they are less blatant.
MAGA is more in tune with the old way of doing things here so never Trumper Republicans mingle with MAGA more freely while Progs are always in open conflict with old school institutionalist Democrats.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Big machine Democrat politics pretty much originated in NYC (and Chicago), so yeah, it's going to be hard to get rid of them and the corruption. As much as I don't really like progressives on the issues, I dislike corruption and subverting the will of the people even more.

Re: Trump being a NY Democrat - I agree. This is one of the ironies of Trump getting elected and being transformed into the American fascist 2nd coming of Hitler. On most issues, he was pretty fucking liberal for a Democrat, and much closer to a traditional populist Democrat than the Bush/Romney style corporate Republicans, and certainly to the left of the mainstream GOP when it came to things like: health care, trade protectionism, gun rights, gay marriage, war (technically he's the most anti-war President we've had since Carter), and criminal justice. Part of me wonders what would have happened had the Democrats embraced Trump instead of demonizing him - I think he might have veered hard to the left after being elected. As it was, the GOP establishment hated him as much as Democrats did, so that left him to side with his populist constituency (of which the alt-right and Q-conspiracy folks were a component of). About the only two issues you could claim he was a hard core conservative on was illegal immigration (and by all measures, much more conservative than even the GOP) and Supreme Court justices.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe