Death Pool 2022: now with rules.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Death Pool 2022: now with rules.

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:17 am

Is it still a rumour or a fact?

Typically pancreatic cancer takes someone in a matter of weeks or months from diagnosis. There are a minority of cases that are the slightly less aggressive form that Steve Jobs had but it still kills you in about a year.

Oddly enough my aunt was diagnosed with one of the aggressive types in 2019 and is still alive.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:02 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Is it still a rumour or a fact?

Wishful thinking unfortunately. That rumour has been floating around for years.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:36 pm

Yep, it looks like that is the case. First reports of Pancreatic cancer showing up way back in 2014 during the last invasion of the Ukraine.

So enthusiasm limited my ability to fact check apparently. Happens to us all.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:56 pm

Typically pancreatic cancer takes someone in a matter of weeks or months from diagnosis. There are a minority of cases that are the slightly less aggressive form that Steve Jobs had but it still kills you in about a year.

Oddly enough my aunt was diagnosed with one of the aggressive types in 2019 and is still alive.

Yeah, I don't buy the pancreatic cancer rumors.

5 year survivor rate for stage 1 adenocarcinomas of the pancreas is 20%.

The vast majority though are diagnosed in stage 4, because it's basically a silent cancer until it metastasizes (usually to the liver).

Median life expectancy for a stage 4 diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas is about 3 months.

There really isn't shit you can do. Life expectancy / remission rate hasn't really budged in the last 100 years, unlike with other cancers.

Pancan got my dad in 2012, took about 8 months from diagnosis to death, he was probably manifesting some overt symptoms for at least a couple of months prior.

Then again, maybe Putin has RBG blood.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:35 pm

Tarkan wrote:

Yeah, I don't buy the pancreatic cancer rumors.

5 year survivor rate for stage 1 adenocarcinomas of the pancreas is 20%.

The vast majority though are diagnosed in stage 4, because it's basically a silent cancer until it metastasizes (usually to the liver).

Median life expectancy for a stage 4 diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas is about 3 months.

There really isn't shit you can do. Life expectancy / remission rate hasn't really budged in the last 100 years, unlike with other cancers.

Pancan got my dad in 2012, took about 8 months from diagnosis to death, he was probably manifesting some overt symptoms for at least a couple of months prior.

Then again, maybe Putin has RBG blood.

It runs in one part of my extended family in Norway and they tend to be dead within 15 to 30 days of a diagnosis.
I do think my guess of Pancreatic Cancer for Putin was wrong and based off of years of rumors (now, I did not know of them before Snaark & RKE) but Parkinson's seems a bit more plausible with his table gripping etc.
btw. Weed for Parkinson's is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Kristy Alley just bit the dust.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Kristy Alley just bit the dust.

A Wild Card pulls up from behind!
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Kurt wrote:1. Alex Jones. Younger than me, waddle shuffles like an old man. Is apparently drunk often and really reckless with firearms. Anti Mask, anti-vax.

2. Phil Collins. Just not in good shape.

3. Ronnie Wood. Old. A rolling stone.

4. Bill Clinton. House of Clinton is stirring with political aspirations that are non-Clinton. Something is up.

5. Roger Stone. Anti Mask, AntiVax and lives in Florida surrounded by others like him.

6. Elon Musk. Some weird Space Accident.

7. Right Wing Radio Guys. Fat, think COVID is a hoax, and old.

8. Some Liberal Idiot who lied about being vaccinated.

9. Diane Fienstien (shes not 90 yet, right? 88 I think)

So far my picks have been a dud. Even generic "Right Wing Radio Guys" failed (because all of them had died in 2020 and 2021)

Fienstein might pull up at the last minute, But Bill Clinton actually started looking healthier this year.

Rumor is that Roger Stone, along with other anti-Vax Right Wingers like MTG, are actually vaxxed. Sorta like those meat eating "Vegan Influencers" that pop up, look healthy, put a bunch of veggies in a blender and then go to McDonalds.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 am

Kurt wrote:Rumor is that Roger Stone, along with other anti-Vax Right Wingers like MTG, are actually vaxxed.

Of course they are. As long as they have the rubes fooled and the corporations lining their pockets, it doesn't matter if they're hypocrites. Just like when Cawthorn got kicked out of the club for talking about the orgies. Gotta keep the curtain covering the wizard.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe