The Biden classified documents

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:09 am

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers from the beginning, starting with Chiang Kaishek
You prop up the puppet regime you have, not the the puppet regime you might want or wish to have at a later time.

Considering the opponent was international communism, I figured you'd be down with the ends justifying the means.

International bankers going to Internationally Bank.

The rest are just a bunch of pawns who think sending their kids off to die is from freedom. While they support the police state they build at home.

God bless Murica.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re: The Biden classified documents

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:38 pm

Now Pence.

I would guess Cheney probably burned everything he had after he shot that guy in the face.

We might have to confront the fact that a President and a Vice President is actually a security risk cuz we got 1 Prez and two Veeps with stuff they should not have.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:52 am

Kurt wrote:Now Pence.

I would guess Cheney probably burned everything he had after he shot that guy in the face.

We might have to confront the fact that a President and a Vice President is actually a security risk cuz we got 1 Prez and two Veeps with stuff they should not have.

Wonder how many random files some staffers have and forgot about? NYT says "The documents were “inadvertently boxed and transported” to Mr. Pence’s home at the end of President Donald J. Trump’s administration, Greg Jacob, Mr. Pence’s representative for dealing with records related to the presidency, wrote in a letter to the National Archives." Maybe they should have NARA and intel dudes there when changing office instead of some random gov't contracted moving company.

Still, the main difference is that Pence and Biden fessed up and turned them over while Donnie stalled, denied, then had to have someone knock on his door and take them. Even then, there were empty folders.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:16 am

Kurt wrote:Now Pence.

I'm willing to bet it's a lot more than 1 Prez and two Veeps that took shit home.

And don't forget Hillary. And Huma Abedin. And Anthony Weiner, who had all of Huma's emails backed up on his laptop.

The "no reasonable schtick" by Comey was probably because everyone at a senior level in Washington with access to classified shit has probably absconded with some of it and essentially committed felonies.

Which is why the whole DOJ and FBI raiding Mira Lago was just so much mid-term election political theater. Given how classified documents are popping up all over the place where they shouldn't be, my guess is the who thing will slowly calm down and no one gets prosecuted.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 am

Tarkan wrote:Which is why the whole DOJ and FBI raiding Mira Lago was just so much mid-term election political theater. Given how classified documents are popping up all over the place where they shouldn't be, my guess is the who thing will slowly calm down and no one gets prosecuted.

Stealing this from someone that did the work. Sources at the link.

https://np.reddit.com/r/news/comments/w ... m/ik1jypa/

EDIT made at 8:30 PM 8/12/2022 - I'm adding source links, since some folks asked

Timeline, for clarity:

January 2021: Trump is stepping down as president and is ordered to return all documents to NARA before leaving office.

May 2021: NARA officials contact Trump's team after realizing several important documents were missing.

Fall 2021: NARA has not received the documents.NARA lawyer Gary stern reaches out to Trump attorney to intervene, asking about several boxes of records apparently taken to Mar-a-Lago during Trump's relocation.

It's been nearly 12 full months since he's been ordered to return all documents, and 7 months since NARA told him directly that they know documents are missing. He has not returned the documents in his possession during this time.

January 2022 - After months of discussions, NARA retrieves 15 boxes of Trump white house records. Some of them are torn up, some reconstructed with tape. NARA says in a statement that the boxes contain some Classified security documents.

February 2022 - NARA asks Justice department to investigate Trump's handling of White House records, and whether he violated laws related to classified information.

April 2022 - NARA publicly acknowledges that the Justice Department is involved, and news outlets report thatprosecutors have launched a criminal probe into Trump's mishandling of classified documents. Around this time, FBI agents begin interviewing Trump aides about the handling of records.

May 2022 - News outlets report that investigatorssubpoenaed NARA for access to the classified documents already obtained from Mar-A-Lago. This indicates that the Justice Department is using a grand jury in its investigation.

June 2022 - Four investigators, including a Justice Department counterintelligence official, visit Mar-A-Lago seeking info on the classified information Trump had taken to florida. During this meeting, federal officials serve a grand jury subpoena for some of the sensitive national security documents found on the premises. They take those documents with them when they leave. (Edit note: I haven't been able to find a secondary source for this one, beyond CNN's claims.)

Still in June 2022: Trump's attorneys then receive a letter, from federal investigators, asking them to further secure the room where documents are being stored. Trump aides add a padlock to the room. Federal Investigators serve a subpoena to the Trump investigation,demanding surveillance video. Trump's company turns over the footage.

August 8, 2022 -FBI executes a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, focused on the club area where Trump's offices and personal quarters were located. Federal agents remove 'about a dozen' boxes of materials from the property after this search.

Attorney General Garland revealed that he personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant.

And today the warrant dropped, including the inventory list of what was taken. You can read it here.

Federal agents who executed the warrant did so to investigate potential crimes associated with violations of the Espionage Act, which outlaws the unauthorized retention of national security information that could harm the United States or aid a foreign adversary; a federal law that makes it a crime to destroy or conceal a document to obstruct a government investigation, and Section 2071, which covers the unlawful removal of government records. - none of these laws change based on whether information was deemed to be unclassified or not.

The Espionage Act in particular, if violated can carry a penalty of up to 10 years in prison per offense.

The search this past Monday seized 11 sets of documents in all, including some marked as “classified/TS/SCI” documents — shorthand for “top secret/sensitive compartmented information,” according to the report. SAPs like TS/SCI are created when the sharing of specific information represents a heightened threat of damaging disclosures, or when a “secret” or “top secret” classification is not deemed sufficiently protective. Documents marked thus are meant to be viewed only in secure govt. facilities.

The Washington Post also revealed an anonymous tip from individuals 'familiar with the investigation' that the FBI agents were looking for classified documents relating to nuclear weapons, though did not say if said documents had been recovered.Per the Atomic Energy Act, the president has no authority to declassify documents relating to nuclear power or weapons.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:32 am

Alphabet wrote:
el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers
the ends justifying the means.
International bankers going to Internationally Bank. The rest are just a bunch of pawns who think sending their kids off to die is from freedom. God bless Murica.
Nah, people say that kind of stuff the world over.

I've stopped using evil people, 1%, the Jews or that top-hat guy from Monopoly doing cabal shit to explain things happening. Laziness, incompetence, greed, office and ("Again? This stupid country!") other politics, sure, maybe ideology, I dunno. But folks have been blaming those very same and very human things for the world's ills since we stopped hanging from trees, went bipedal and started using language, maybe write things down instead of going ook-ook, you know, way back when in the Motherland.

Too black and white for me tbt. There will always be outliers. Most of the shit kinda happens along.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Re:

Postby el3so » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:21 am

Tarkan wrote:
el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: organizationally corrupt and involved in drug trafficking and protecting drug traffickers
Considering the opponent was international communism, I figured you'd be down with the ends justifying the means.
But strangely, international communism has disappeared as a geopolitical threat
Economic Reality 101, drug trafficking makes money on account of human vices, communism loses money on account of human vices. C'mon man.
Tarkan wrote: but the CIA is very likely still mixed up with drug trafficking in Mexico.
Yeah, and Bigfoot likely has two dicks. As long as it's classified it might as well be made up. Sure, there'll always be rogue agents. But all those three letter and whatever organisations, they need secret super spy sat money, not golden AK and dollar dollar bills money. Could be wrong, but wasn't the Contra-gate thing closest to proven involvement in or at least knowledge of narcotic shenanigans by US institutions? And that was a pretty much White House thing, CIA people don't wear uniforms in court.
Tarkan wrote: And even if they aren't, this stuff ultimately ends up culminating in places Afghanistan (...) murdering peasants at their behest.
You prop up the puppet regime you have, not the the puppet regime you might want or wish to have at a later time. Bit silly to call it murder if it happens during an armed conflict, you don't really care about those peasants so it's petty to make them into some sort of an argument IMO.
Tarkan one sentence ago wrote: propping up child raping opium warlords. But hey, the US embassy was able to fly a rainbow flag for a couple of weeks.
Fuck that.
Close to two decades you guys kinda owned and paid for the place, the always ugly exit happened under your conditions, every casualty is of course a tragedy but then again, what with 9/11 and all, there was a certain killing these people like ants kinda vibe for a while, but no kill-ratio, blasting CCR from a Huey free-fire zone craziness. It was a deliberate choice to spend high-tech stuff to spare American/coalition lives, NATO effort, and you are going to moan about the gays?

edit: doubled up on the child raping opium warlords
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:21 pm

It shouldn't have to even be said, but I guess that's where we are at this point in clown world. If myself, Kurt, Tarkan, el3so, etc as a member of the military, private contractor, normal citizen would get raked over the fucking coals for "mishandling" classified information, then politicians should get the same fate. Democrat or Republican.

I'd probably still be in Leavenworth if I took one fucking page of something I saw in a SCIF back to my barracks room, much less reams of paper and a fucking server to my private residence.

But, some animals are more important than other animals I guess.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:32 pm

Alphabet wrote:It shouldn't have to even be said, but I guess that's where we are at this point in clown world. If myself, Kurt, Tarkan, el3so, etc as a member of the military, private contractor, normal citizen would get raked over the fucking coals for "mishandling" classified information, then politicians should get the same fate. Democrat or Republican.

I'd probably still be in Leavenworth if I took one fucking page of something I saw in a SCIF back to my barracks room, much less reams of paper and a fucking server to my private residence.

But, some animals are more important than other animals I guess.

Heh, I was not even allowed to comment on TLP White press releases about Russian hackers on the off chance it would make it to Fox News and Trump would try to cut railway funding.

btw for those who do not know TLP is Traffic Light Protocol....Not classified.
TLP White = Anyone anywhere can read.
TLP Green = Anyone in organization can read.
TLP Amber = Document is limited to Department unless authorized by Department Head
TLP Red = Restricted to whomever is on the list only.

So I cannot even fathom if I got real classified docs and stored them incorrectly in my garage / ballroom where I host Chinese dignitaries.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:57 pm

Kurt wrote:stored them incorrectly in my garage / ballroom where I host Chinese dignitaries.

I like to have mine bound into coffee table books with a QR code on the front which leads to an offshore bank account in case you want to deposit some $$$.

vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe