Sharks with frikken laser beams...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Sharks with frikken laser beams...

Postby Alphabet » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Don't Infowars me bro, but did anyone else notice the contrails from the F-22, yet none from the supposed missile used to shoot down the balloon from Chy-na?

We finally figure out a laser weapons platform?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re: Sharks with frikken laser beams...

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:11 am

I have no idea what everyone is on about.
China.
Has.
Spy.
Satellites.
If they are dumb enough to spy on us with a balloon then that is good news. That means China is actually as hinky in tech or we let them steal fake "spy balloon" plans or something.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:13 pm

I got a laugh out of it. An entire nation clutching their pearls over a balloon.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:38 pm

Nah, there's a definite smoke trail from the initial motor ignition, then the burn switched over to smokeless. There's some zoomed in video where you can see high velocity debris exiting the other side after contact.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:40 pm

Tarkan wrote:Nah, there's a definite smoke trail from the initial motor ignition, then the burn switched over to smokeless. There's some zoomed in video where you can see high velocity debris exiting the other side after contact.

Yeah. Have viewed other video of it and I guess I only saw a condensed version.

Sucks. I was really hoping this was a reveal of a viable and operational laser platform.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:41 pm

Alphabet wrote:I got a laugh out of it. An entire nation clutching their pearls over a balloon.

You know those crazy ass drunk guys in a lawn chair and a shit ton of balloons tied to it? Should have had one of those guys go up there with a pellet gun.

I know that that group of heros would have died and not even been able to come close to getting it, but I am certain that would have brought our country together to laugh at this balloon threat.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:47 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Nah, there's a definite smoke trail from the initial motor ignition, then the burn switched over to smokeless. There's some zoomed in video where you can see high velocity debris exiting the other side after contact.

Yeah. Have viewed other video of it and I guess I only saw a condensed version.

Sucks. I was really hoping this was a reveal of a viable and operational laser platform.

Thats another group that could have helped. Those idiots who aim green lasers at planes.

Offer them pardons if they accept the call to service.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Burning-Laser

(I know this would not work either but man, imagine a whole idiots who point lasers at planes combined with heros who ride lawn chairs brigade going after these things? That would be the only thing I would watch on TV other than cartoons and Battle Bots)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 pm

Nah, shooting down a spy balloon with a top secret weapon kinda defeats the purpose.

In any case, how depressing must it be for Lockheed Martin engineers to know that the first kill of their $200mil stealth fighter was a fuckin' balloon.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:34 pm

snaark wrote:Nah, shooting down a spy balloon with a top secret weapon kinda defeats the purpose.

In any case, how depressing must it be for Lockheed Martin engineers to know that the first kill of their $200mil stealth fighter was a fuckin' balloon.

It's kinda cool though. When was the last balloon kill? WW1?

I really hope there's some crew chief painting a balloon on it right now.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:42 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

6 civilians died in WWII on 48 state soil.

I heard they had a picnic and saw a picnic "blanket" already laid out so they decided to use it. But it was a balloon filled with explosives.

So there is a precedent for pants shitting I guess.

Right now (actually for a while now) China has been on a "China is awesome and America Sucks" campaign about infrastructure. Basically saying "China gets shit done while you rest on going to the moon 54 years ago". Sometimes propaganda is true, but their response to our response kind of confirms that maybe their spy satellites are shit and if it is tech they have not stolen they cannot do it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:08 am

Kurt wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

6 civilians died in WWII on 48 state soil.

I heard they had a picnic and saw a picnic "blanket" already laid out so they decided to use it. But it was a balloon filled with explosives.

So there is a precedent for pants shitting I guess.

Right now (actually for a while now) China has been on a "China is awesome and America Sucks" campaign about infrastructure. Basically saying "China gets shit done while you rest on going to the moon 54 years ago". Sometimes propaganda is true, but their response to our response kind of confirms that maybe their spy satellites are shit and if it is tech they have not stolen they cannot do it.

I meant air to air, fighter vs balloon kill.

I don't know what it was, and we'll probably never know the truth, but being a spy balloon makes zero sense. You and I can look at the ICBM fields on Google Earth and Maps. The Chinese have had spies in Los Alamos since the 90s, and Swallwell was just recently fucking one of their agents.

I'm more interested in what just happened while we were all distracted by this BS.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:38 am

Alphabet wrote:
I'm more interested in what just happened while we were all distracted by this BS.

Probably nothing.

The biggest conspiracy in the world is a slow news day / week.

So lets say its like this:

Monday: SPY BALLOON!!!!
Tuesday:SPY BALLOON!!!
Wednesday: Biden chokes to death on his own vomit shortly before his band's reunion tour. Yah, Biden was like this secret awesome guitar player AND the president. He died from too many drugs.
Thursday: Sorry about the Spy Balloon shit, that was just to take up some time. But fuckin' A, Biden could shred like Hendrix on speed, listen to these sweet riffs...man what a surprise he was the greatest guitarist who ever lived and now he is dead. Spy Balloon got shot down. It was no big deal.

But instead they gotta keep that momentum going so its like "Aww shit, something better happened but we still got to follow this turd story we started"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:18 pm

Alphabet wrote:It's kinda cool though. When was the last balloon kill? WW1

Probably WW2 if you count barrage balloons.

That thing sorta reminded me of the international space station. Pretty big and conspicuous for a spy thingy.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:33 pm

snaark wrote:
Alphabet wrote:It's kinda cool though. When was the last balloon kill? WW1

Probably WW2 if you count barrage balloons.

That thing sorta reminded me of the international space station. Pretty big and conspicuous for a spy thingy.

Told a coworker who was flipping out about it being a spying platform that there's a 1000% chance the Chinese get more information from some airman stationed at Malmstrom via their TikTok than that balloon.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:57 pm

The thing I learned today about that balloon:

It had a payload the size of 3 full sized schoolbuses.

Holy Fucking Shit! I thought.

Then I read that was a "typical payload size" for balloons of all nations.

"HOLY GODDAMNED FUCKING SHIT!!!" i thought.

The fact that payload is "typical"...maybe we should go into full panic mode and shoot down all the balloons. I had no idea they carried so much shit. People camp in less.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe