US power grid attacks?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

US power grid attacks?

Postby vagabond » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm

Curious what the rabble thinks about what's been going on the past few weeks with this?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... st-attacks

Organized campaign, copycat attacks, etc ? Something larger in the offing?

A string of attacks on power facilities in Oregon and Washington has caused alarm and highlighted the vulnerabilities of the US electric grid.

The attacks in the Pacific north-west come just days after a similar assault on North Carolina power stations that cut electricity to 40,000 people.

As first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting and KUOW Public Radio, there have been at least six attacks, some of which involved firearms and caused residents to lose power. Two of the attacks shared similarities with the incident in Moore county, North Carolina, where two stations were hit by gunfire. Authorities have not yet revealed a motive for the North Carolina attack.

I know it's not the same, but reminds me of hearing about the bombings of infrastructure in the Owens Valley in Gary Krist's "Mirage Factory": https://lithub.com/the-water-war-that-p ... alifornia/
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Re: US power grid attacks?

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:06 pm

The PNW ones were older than the NC ones.

We are having meetings about this now where I work. The problem is that the Transformer industry is working double-time to supply Ukraine with bombed out infrastructure, so there is a long waiting list for these items if they do not have them in stock already.

New York State Power Authority has a supply and their own Jet to replace this stuff in New York State, if needed.

A big part of the problem is for decades guys with guns would just shoot up stuff, like road signs and power lines and it was considered part of the operating environment, which is dumb.

The US has a gun culture and part of that gun culture's myth about itself is responsible use. So we gotta start fucking the sign shooters since the other operating environment is Right Wing Accelerationists calls for attacking the power grid. That's been going on since the early 90s and is now a prominent feature on Right Wing / Nazi Telegram.

Still, the noise to action ratio is really low, but we gotta start treating all actions against all infrastructure as serious. This will lead to a lot of crybabies getting busted for shooting up shit on the weekends and spending time in Marion or Buetner, but that will also stop the dumb sign shooting tradition that we have had since cars met guns.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby mb » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:57 am

do the power people need to resort to the same trickery some sign people do?

lots of signs from a few agencies have small us flags on them. this is not really for patriotic reasons. it's because there's lots of overlap between people who shoot random shit and people who believe the image of the flag is worth more than the concept of the constitution or law.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby vagabond » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:21 pm

I guess the rednecks I grew up around were a different type than the sign shooting ones as I only recall images of that from movies / cartoons. Had no idea about the flag thing either.

Right Wing Accelerationists calls for attacking the power grid. That's been going on since the early 90s and is now a prominent feature on Right Wing / Nazi Telegram.

It seems this is the major worry now that everyone is edging towards and egging on violence. :-/
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Some Accelerationists got busted.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/three-me ... ids-united

What sucks about this story is now one of my "intel" sources is gone. RIP Uncle Ted's Cabin.

https://www.rawstory.com/moore-grid/

As Alphabet said in another thread. Local Law Enforcement laughs when Feds tell them about Right Wingers but that will slow down to an occasional chuckle.

Still, we say "Accelerationists" rather than "Right Wingers" or "Nazis" because technically anyone can be an accelerationist even a hard core Vegan Yoga person who hopes for society's collapse because then organic gardening will take over from corporate food production.

There is actually a group like that in Indiana...Went from Hippy Dippy Follow Phish and poop in a box to preserve the "humanure" for gardens (friggen gross) and from there they made it a short step to being an "Organic Trad Family" to full bore Nazis

https://bloomington.in.gov/sites/defaul ... .%2083.pdf

But there is always some idiot who looks at theory rather than actual threat so they want the lefties included in a threat model rarely populated by lefties. So we dropped Right Wing and Left Wing altogether and now say accelerationists.

This increased news coverage has actually reduced the chatter but Uncle Teds Cabin just reformed under a Non Ted name somewhere and I cannot find it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:13 pm

I mean, if you are calling yourself white supremacists and neo-Nazis and having a name like atomwaffen, then it's not really libelous to call you neo-nazis.

The problem is, some of you guys like to conflate those guys with everyone that's a little right of center.

In any event, Nazis have more in common with the left, politically and economically speaking, than they do the right. The entrance fee to the right isn't racism.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:29 pm

Tarkan wrote:I mean, if you are calling yourself white supremacists and neo-Nazis and having a name like atomwaffen, then it's not really libelous to call you neo-nazis.

The problem is, some of you guys like to conflate those guys with everyone that's a little right of center.

In any event, Nazis have more in common with the left, politically and economically speaking, than they do the right. The entrance fee to the right isn't racism.

But its a badge that can be earned on the right and it wont lead to shunning.
Proud Boys arent Nazis but they have Nazi members and are Nazi adjacent. So realistically they are more akin to the Austro Fascist movement of Dolfuss.
But if they can call me the wildly inaccurate term of "groomer" I am gonna call them Nazis because I dont care. Close enough for me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:33 pm

And there was another attack by accelerationists.

Meh. Not at work and Nazi is easier to write.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Lol..Nazis are everywhere.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Alphabet wrote:Lol..Nazis are everywhere.

More than there were before.

And they are shooting out power transformers.

I mean, its right there. People who protect power transformers by cyber security and physical security see it.

A former president eating lunch with an actual Nazi. So yah.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:26 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Lol..Nazis are everywhere.

More than there were before.

And they are shooting out power transformers.

I mean, its right there. People who protect power transformers by cyber security and physical security see it.

A former president eating lunch with an actual Nazi. So yah.

I wouldn't consider a black dude, a homosexual in an interracial relationship, and a Mexican guy Nazis. I mean..lol..that's really a stretch.

Especially eating with a former president whose son in law is most likely Mossad.

And yes...State/local does tend to laugh at the Feds who are politized, and come in with an agenda. I've seen the same reaction, by the same people, when the Feds came in and tried to convince everyone there was a Bin Laden under grandma's bed.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:14 pm

This new, hipper type of Nazi will happily use an antisemitic black celebrity to have lunch with Trump.

I mean, it''s either that or the head of the Groypers (whose name stands for Goy + Grope) who praise Hitler are actually secretly NOT White Nationalists.

One thing about the "Bin Laden Under every bed and a Bomb in Every Shoe" era was there was never any pushback on how real the threat was. We knew damn well Al Q wanted to bomb us, they said so and they succeeded but for the most part they were all still someplace else. So one shoe bomb attempt and suddenly we are taking off our shoes to the bidding of a whole new agency.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't have done anything.

However in the US we have actual Nazis who have actual discussions on how to take out substations with small arms fire and we have more incidents of that than we have shoe-bombing and the first fucking step that needs to be made is to make sure that we look at "both sides" before settling on the Right. So we gotta use terms like "Accelerationists" since both Right and Left can be accelerationists. Then, if any action to protect our infrastructure is to be done first we have to make sure that Republicans know we are not targeting "Right Wingers". So even though the Proud Boys marched through Grand Central Station last November, threatened MTA employees and customers, evaded fares, held open gates, violated FCC regulations by bringing HAM and Shortwave transmitters (Baofeng shit radios) we literally could not put that in a Report for the state of NY, we had to say "Extremists". And we could not put down what the PD admitted at the time which was "Arrest Counter Protesters Only" so when they were doing that at Grand Central the official policy of the cops was to arrest the people who objected to being threatened by "The Extremists" and then we had to put another example, "to be fair" of how BLM activists chained open gates so people could evade fare easier. Even though all that was needed to fix that problem was a bolt cutter.

The Neo-Neo Nazis never do stuff like cosplay with a Hitler stache, They reach out to Kanye and Michelle Malkin and say Gas The Kikes and call one another Niggers with Irony and form shadow conventions in the same town, location and hotels as more Mainstream conservatives so normies can hang with "Frens" The Republicans know this and will always object to anything other than words to stop their Nazi pals from wrecking shit.

That's why it was amazing that the PD in my area actually knew this.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:03 pm

Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi? Got it.

Another forum I frequent...If you aren't anti Abortion, and are anti intervention, you're a paid commie shill.

And Republican Nazis? C'mon Kurt. You have to be taking the piss. The Republicans have been sending American kids off to war for Israel for more than a few decades. Not really the 4th Reich there.

But I guess me saying that is somehow anti Semitic.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:34 pm

Alphabet wrote:Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi? Got it.

Another forum I frequent...If you aren't anti Abortion, and are anti intervention, you're a paid commie shill.

And Republican Nazis? C'mon Kurt. You have to be taking the piss. The Republicans have been sending American kids off to war for Israel for more than a few decades. Not really the 4th Reich there.

But I guess me saying that is somehow anti Semitic.

No, Nazis are Nazis.

Republicans are not Nazis but they do not object to actual Nazis or at least require that threat analysis include BLM or Antifa "to be fair".

During the Trump Admin we had to limit TLP White and Green notices to not mention "The Right" and to not mention "Russia" on the off chance Fox news would get hold of it and Trump would crap himself to cut funding to whatever it was that generated those reports.

Republicans are not Nazis but they are Agar-Agar in the petri dish that is breeding Nazis.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:59 pm

Wow, an actual Nazi busted.

Oh, who could have seen such a thing coming? Oh wow, so weird that it was not BLM or Antifa...all radical groups are the same

Wow, Nazis in America I thought this was overblown. It's too bad no one warned us about this, an Anti-Nazi organization of sort would have really been helpful. Maybe if they called themselves AntiNa or something,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... n-russell/

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/comm ... THIR3GQAY/
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe