Ukraine is a magnet for fraudsters

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Ukraine is a magnet for fraudsters

Postby snaark » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:09 am

Apparently when you extend an open invitation to foreigners to form a military unit, a whole bunch of fraudsters, blowhards and nut-jobs are gonna show up. Who would've guessed?

Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker https://nyti.ms/40z91mh
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Re: Ukraine is a magnet for fraudsters

Postby Kurt » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:18 am

After this war there will be people who claimed they fought but were denied the Ukie perks promised.

In the Balkans even during the fighting there was an influx of Italians claiming to have come across hard times fighting for "Dalmatia" and they could be found in the Sofia train station hitting up those going from Prague to Istanbul for cash so they could get back to fight.

Edirne Turkey was filled with loser Turks trying to go to "Sarajevobosnia" and they too just needed a bit of cash to save the world.

Anyway, it seems the Ukranians are getting smart so I assume the loser brigades are going to either be fragged or fodder soon.

I wonder where the fake warriors are hanging out? I bet the beaches of Bulgaria and Romania will be filled with pink roasted Brits waiting to hit up other visitors for Lei and Leva
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe