Veteran Flaggers - where are they now?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Veteran Flaggers - where are they now?

Postby ROB » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:06 am

jack2023 wrote:I met and worked with FlipFlop as a neighbor in Iraq and he was a truly squared away guy and a perfect gentleman. To say I respect the fellow soldier is an understatement

Flipflop is a cunt in person and online.

Look forward to another beer or two with him in future.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby jack2023 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 pm

What a very rude thing to say about a good guy. Maybe you are just joking and I hope so.

You take care.
jack2023

Postby Kurt » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:58 am

jack2023 wrote:What a very rude thing to say about a good guy. Maybe you are just joking and I hope so.

You take care.

He is Australian. Cunt is a compliment.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby jack2023 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:53 pm

Never met an Aussie I didnt like but wrong is wrong. You defending this must be from the city.
jack2023

Postby ROB » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:18 pm

**sigh**
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:30 am

jack2023 wrote:Never met an Aussie I didnt like but wrong is wrong. You defending this must be from the city.

City? You live in Bogota (as you said). A metropolitan area of 12 million people. Bogota is about the size of NYC. I've been there. They shut down part of their highway system for pedestrians, bicyclists and farmers markets on Sunday. It's really nice. Not even the most Liberal, Democrat run city over 250,000 in the USA does that.

Conservatives in the US are really weird. If you move out of the USA to Greece and have a small garden, a dog and mule you are considered a pinko but move to one of the major metropolitan areas in South or Central America and all of a sudden it's "Good ol, Country boy extension patriot land. And the Pinkos who still live in Low Crime Democrat run cities and it is a "City thing" if an Australian calls one of his friends a cunt.

So tell me, Country boy in a City of 12 million people...What tractor did you learn on and how do you double-stick a Spicer on a two-stroke?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:43 am

jack2023 wrote:Never met an Aussie I didnt like but wrong is wrong. You defending this must be from the city.

Dont mind ROB, he's just being a cunt.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:37 am

snaark wrote:Dont mind ROB, he's just being a cunt.

That's just mean.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby jack2023 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:28 pm

Yep. I am in Bogota and grew up in a town of 700 and that was mostly farms.

Lived in Medellin before and the great thing was, most of them were at least 2nd generation farmers and had manners.
jack2023

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:50 pm

jack2023 wrote:Yep. I am in Bogota and grew up in a town of 700 and that was mostly farms.

Lived in Medellin before and the great thing was, most of them were at least 2nd generation farmers and had manners.

I learned on a 1954 Farmall. Grew up walking beans detasseling corn, bailing hay and picking rock etc etc.

Now you, like me, are an urban dweller. Why is calling someone a snowflake libtard more polite than calling someone a cunt? Seems like you are just as rude as any Aussie and even more so since they use cunt as a term of endearment.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby jack2023 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:08 am

Where exactly did I call anyone a Snowflake Libtard?

Aside from apparantly in your hateful mind?

Very little actual travelers here despite the advertisements. And you are the moderator?

LOL, hope you have a day job.
jack2023

Postby Darcy » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:22 pm

jack2023 wrote:Where exactly did I call anyone a Snowflake Libtard?

Very little actual travelers here despite the advertisements. And you are the moderator?

Sorry I missed you in Bogota, I'll try and get a longer layover next time. Would have been cool to grab a beer
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:17 am

jack2023 wrote:Where exactly did I call anyone a Snowflake Libtard?

You really are a cunt.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Mon May 01, 2023 3:00 pm

babihutan wrote:My adventures these days consist of taking my kids to hockey and soccer and lots of family time….when I’m not working. In other words, exactly everything my 20 year old self swore I would never become lol. Life has a funny way of taking you to places you least expect.

But I am fortunate to have a loving family and I’m trying my best to raise my kids with proper values that seem to be extinct these days. I’m not even sure how to navigate this new world myself let alone teach someone else to. For every fire I teach them to start in the woods, every backcountry camping experience, I gotta compete with days of Pokemon and Minecraft screentime binges!

Living in a smaller town, lots of cool people and all but boy do I miss discussing the pros and cons of female genital circumcision, and lesser known conflict areas of the world. I think I paraphrased RYP there?

Anyway, always had great chats with you lovely folks and miss coming on here. Life is busy and my spirit for adventure has been domesticated, but certainly not extinguished…..Keep the fire going!

I'm in the same boat. DP's are safely crossing the street with inattentive motorists zooming past and digging the car out of a blizzard induced snow bank after sledding. Having kid's is daunting but awesome.

According to Fox news I live in a hell-hole (Portland) which to be fair is partially true. As the clerk at the autoparts store joked recently Portland is like Grand Theft Auto keep your crimes under two stars and the cops don't care.

The BFC - Come for bad travel advice, stay for the characters!
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Big Duke 6 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:16 pm

Damn - still see a lot of familiar faces. Thought this place was dead.
In the case of a nuclear war I wanna be where I can say, "What the fuck was THAT!?"
- Jay Hickman
Big Duke 6
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe