Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Trump: blah blah Indicted blah

Postby ROB » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:24 pm

Trump is Putin's fuckboi.

Seriously, adjust your moonshine mixture, buddy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:48 pm

Indictment II: The Indictening

7 Counts due to classified materials.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:50 pm

Town Captains:

That is the strategy for Trump's campaign. Instead of a mix of paid and volunteer staff for an important primary win Trump's campaign is going to award a "Town Captain" position to whomever can get the most volunteers working under them.

They will do this by recruiting 10 volunteers and then those volunteers will do 10 volunteers and so on. Sort of like an MLM scheme with the top people getting paid by the campaign based on how many recruits they have under them.

My guess is this is going to devolve into a massive rip off of volunteers and of the Campaign funds itself as I am certain that the one with the most recruiters will promise a payoff that never comes.

The Secret Service has to be crapping themselves as basing a Campaign on a Get Rich Quick business model is certain to produce angry people in an already violent demographic.

Also Trump's strategy of "Hire the Best Then Fire Them" is not gonna fly anymore. His 2016 campaign was well run, they actually paid regular jackoffs well. Volunteers were there to support paid campaign staff by making their visits more accommodating.

At first I assumed that Trump would trounce any Republican in the primary but if he actually runs his campaign like this it really won't be a campaign and the nomination will likely go to whomever runs the most boring-ass and basic campaign, like what Trump did in 2016...Having a regular and well funded campaign support a bombastic populist.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:17 pm

Kurt wrote:Town Captains:
... the nomination will likely go to whomever runs the most boring-ass and basic campaign, like what Trump did in 2016...Having a regular and well funded campaign support a bombastic populist.

I hope you're wrong because that would mean DeSantis might be their ringer.

The MLM strategy is hilarious but as you've posited conservatives that get screwed in dodgy schemes tend to walk away silently in shame.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:32 pm

gnaruki wrote:
... the nomination will likely go to whomever runs the most boring-ass and basic campaign, like what Trump did in 2016...Having a regular and well funded campaign support a bombastic populist.

The MLM strategy is hilarious but as you've posited conservatives that get screwed in dodgy schemes tend to walk away silently in shame.

The thing is DeSantis is an oaf.

Biden is an oaf too but he is a charming oaf. He projects kindness as an oaf.

DeSantis scolds kids for wearing masks on film while Biden gives a kid a flag from his lapel on camera. Also Trump is such a dick he would probably third party it. Trump supporters will only support Trump where the other Republicans will, except for 3% of them, be willing to vote for Trump a third time no matter how much they did not like the fact they had to vote for him the other two times as well.

Even if Trump did nothing other than rallies he would still get about 30% of the vote in the primaries and that same 30% of Republicans would vote for him as a third party candidate.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:28 pm

Apparently it just went up to 38 Counts.

31 are withholding documents.

Most are analysis on military capabilities of "foreign countries" but the more unsettling are "Military Contingency Planning of the United States" and an "Updated Document on Nuclear Capabilities of the US"

So Trump had Nuke secrets and the most worrying is he had our "Plan B" plans for military operations.

But Hunter Biden did have photographs of his penis on a laptop. So I guess that evens things out.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:41 pm

I'm just hoping the GoP comes up with someone else. Given the past two election cycles it's really a coin toss who gets elected. It might be a little clearer this time around given some key swing areas have turned bluer - we'll see. Ultimately I'm just hoping each party can muster a grown ass functional adult that remembers high school civics class for their runner.

Granted I'm probably opting out again in 2024 and writing in Nader.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm

Rep. Andy Biggs says that the indictment is now "The War Phase"

Fuck that guy.

Anyway, Trump will still be running no matter what. The only chance he has of being jailed before the election is if he is held in contempt of court.

But on the playing field of the Republicans there will be:

The "We Are Sorry (Not Sorry)" person. I think Haley is gonna be this wing of the party.

The Smart Fascist Wing will be lead by DeSantis

Dumb Fascist Wing will be Trump

There may be a "We are Sorry (Actually Sorry)" wing but they will lose horribly and get behind Biden.

With the calls to violence (early calls mean shit, Republicans have been threatening to shoot libs since Bush II) there is a chance that a candidate could be killed. I think a hardcore Trumper could off DeSantis and I also think a hardcore Trumper could kill Trump thinking that Trump is someone else or a robot or something or it will be a Hardcore Trumper who basically went broke on Trump Bux or something and realized they pissed their lives away on a fat orange guy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:29 pm

I'm rooting for RJFK.JR at this point. as for the other side, uh, guess I'll choose Elder.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

blah indicted blah

Postby el3so » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:58 pm

I dunno man, he was Prez and I do not know if he can run again. But national security, that's IMO bigger than whoever happens to get voted in for at most 8 years. No real need to know how and when the sausage is made for the maitre d'.

Still...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: blah indicted blah

Postby Kurt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 pm

el3so wrote:I dunno man, he was Prez and I do not know if he can run again. But national security, that's IMO bigger than whoever happens to get voted in for at most 8 years. No real need to know how and when the sausage is made for the maitre d'.

Still...

Our NATO allies are probably working out a plan in case he gets elected again.

That plan being "Don't share stuff, starting NOW"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:53 am

Kurt wrote:
gnaruki wrote:

The thing is DeSantis is an oaf.

Biden is an oaf too but he is a charming oaf. He projects kindness as an oaf.

DeSantis scolds kids for wearing masks on film while Biden gives a kid a flag from his lapel on camera. Also Trump is such a dick he would probably third party it. Trump supporters will only support Trump where the other Republicans will, except for 3% of them, be willing to vote for Trump a third time no matter how much they did not like the fact they had to vote for him the other two times as well.

You hit the nail on the head. Dems love that Trump is in the race and will love it even more if someone else is picked. Trump wil not stand for that so he will burn the GOP down either by running as an independant or just dissing the process.

Even if Trump did nothing other than rallies he would still get about 30% of the vote in the primaries and that same 30% of Republicans would vote for him as a third party candidate.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Apparently he cannot get a lawyer.

That would suck to have to be appointed to defend Trump, especially since the Legal Team would need a certain amount of experience and clearance with classified material. Considering part of his defense is that the material is his and is not classified that alone kind of proves that defense is shit.

The Miami PD is allowing Trump supporters and anti-Trump supporters in the same "Free Speech Area" which is dumb. Hoping no anti-Trump protesters are dumb enough to show up. Various Florida Antifa groups are advising people to NOT show up at all, so if there is violence it will likely be either Trumper on Confused Trumper or something weird.

The press, that arrived early enough to encounter Miami's feral chicken population seems totally perplexed that Chickens just kind of exist in tropical places where people are wealthy enough not to chase them down and eat them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:20 pm

Correction:

He just got a lawyer. Chris Kise.

Solid Republican creds working for DeSantis transition team as well as Rick Scott's transition team and was counsel to Charlie Crist.

In the filing notice he calls Former President Trump "President Trump" which is not unheard of and will make MAGA's less likely to murder him.

But no experience with classified documents. The firm he is a member of has "Government Practice" as a legal specialty but again, no classified stuff (that I could find) and Kise is not even part of the team in that specialized area.

Plus it states in ALL CAPS that payment disputes between client and consul is not a reason to halt representation.

So Kise is stuck with Trump unless Trump fires him or like attacks him or something.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:39 pm

Kurt wrote:Correction:

He just got a lawyer. Chris Kise.

Solid Republican creds working for DeSantis transition team as well as Rick Scott's transition team and was counsel to Charlie Crist.

In the filing notice he calls Former President Trump "President Trump" which is not unheard of and will make MAGA's less likely to murder him.

But no experience with classified documents. The firm he is a member of has "Government Practice" as a legal specialty but again, no classified stuff (that I could find) and Kise is not even part of the team in that specialized area.

Plus it states in ALL CAPS that payment disputes between client and consul is not a reason to halt representation.

So Kise is stuck with Trump unless Trump fires him or like attacks him or something.

So this is his first shit sandwich? It's always such a special time in the life of a grifter.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe