Event Horizon Telescope finds portal to something.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Event Horizon Telescope finds portal to something.

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:16 pm

https://eventhorizontelescope.org/blog/ ... black-hole

And I thought it was just a creepy movie.

Also, I've seen closely similar pics on OnlyFans. Coincidence? Revelation?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re: Event Horizon Telescope finds portal to something.

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:13 pm

Alphabet wrote:https://eventhorizontelescope.org/blog/astronomers-unveil-strong-magnetic-fields-spiraling-edge-milky-way%E2%80%99s-central-black-hole

I remember liking that movie when I was 12. It was Disney's first PG movie. I also liked Flash Gordon when I was 12. One day I wondered if it still stood up. The wife was away so I downloaded it and cracked a beer.

Man, it sucked. Max Von Sydow and Brian Blessed were awesome but the movie as a whole blew hard, so that kind of turned me off from experimenting with movies of my youth.

Btw...I read an interview with Blessed and he said that he didn't even have to rehearse for the Vultan role (Hawkman) because when he was a kid the local matinee played the 1930s Flash Gordan shorts and then he and his buds would go play Flash Gordan and he was always Vultan. So he made Hollywood bucks and syndication bucks just for reverting back to childhood.

Anyway, Space stuff is cool. The fact that a black hole is very likely a "Sun" for our Galaxy is certainly enough to think "maybe we should worship the presence that causes an expanse of millions of light years of distance to orbit around it....Lets call it Steve The Mighty"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:58 pm

I think he means the horror sci-fi movie from the late 90s.

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 pm

gnaruki wrote:I think he means the horror sci-fi movie from the late 90s.

Yeah, it was a lesson in "movies not to watch while tripping on psychedelics."
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:https://eventhorizontelescope.org/blog/astronomers-unveil-strong-magnetic-fields-spiraling-edge-milky-way%E2%80%99s-central-black-hole

I remember liking that movie when I was 12. It was Disney's first PG movie. I also liked Flash Gordon when I was 12. One day I wondered if it still stood up. The wife was away so I downloaded it and cracked a beer.

Man, it sucked. Max Von Sydow and Brian Blessed were awesome but the movie as a whole blew hard, so that kind of turned me off from experimenting with movies of my youth.

Btw...I read an interview with Blessed and he said that he didn't even have to rehearse for the Vultan role (Hawkman) because when he was a kid the local matinee played the 1930s Flash Gordan shorts and then he and his buds would go play Flash Gordan and he was always Vultan. So he made Hollywood bucks and syndication bucks just for reverting back to childhood.

Anyway, Space stuff is cool. The fact that a black hole is very likely a "Sun" for our Galaxy is certainly enough to think "maybe we should worship the presence that causes an expanse of millions of light years of distance to orbit around it....Lets call it Steve The Mighty"

Yeah, whomever said "who says you can't go home?" was full of shit. Lots of shit that was cool when you were 12, really wasn't.

The Black Hole is a hood example. I remember loving the shit out of the big red floating robot with spinning blades. Then I did what you did 20+ years later, and 10 mins into it I'm like, how the fuck did I sit for 2 hours and watch this when I was 12?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 pm

Kurt wrote:Man, it sucked.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE FUCKING MOUTH.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:39 pm

My kids are of an age where I get to watch all this shit again.

And it's awesome. But I suspect enjoying it with a 7 year old is the bit that makes it still awesome.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe