Forboding.......

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Forboding.......

Postby svizzerams » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:29 am

There is something about this particular disaster that is somehow more unnerving than the 9-11 attacks. And I'm kitty korner across the country from the whole thing. Anyone else feeling the same way? All those billions used to wreck a country that wasn't truly a threat and now those resources (manpower, money) aren't available to rebuild within our own borders.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby RYP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:16 am

yup...Bush will have some tap dancing to do...
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Kapa » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:36 am

I dare say those bible-bashing funda-mentalists won't be saying "hallallulah"- more like, "I told you so, it's all in the book of revelations"... ....

http://bible.com/
Kapa
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 pm

This is much worse than 9/11. And I think this disaster will lead to more disruptions.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Penta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:33 pm

Kurt wrote:This is much worse than 9/11.

I'm sure you're right.

And I think this disaster will lead to more disruptions.

But not perhaps to the same extent outside the US: can't blame Iran, say, or North Korea, for this one.

On the positive side, it might lead to climate change being taken seriously. The insurance companies may not have as much clout with GWB as the oil industry, but they're going to be shouting much louder than before.

And I imagine a lot of states will be paying more attention to their own civil emergency plans.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby docwatson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:40 pm

Kapa wrote:I dare say those bible-bashing funda-mentalists won't be saying "hallallulah"- more like, "I told you so, it's all in the book of revelations"... .... http://bible.com/

Was that really necessary?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" - Robert A. Heinlein

docwatson
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ribeye » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:46 pm

docwatson wrote:
Kapa wrote:I dare say those bible-bashing funda-mentalists won't be saying "hallallulah"- more like, "I told you so, it's all in the book of revelations"... .... http://bible.com/

It's true though doc, bible thumpers use every disaster to get you to "look into the bible." Ever have a JW knock on you door?
Ribeye
Drunkulous Nucleus

Postby docwatson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:25 pm

Ribeye wrote:
docwatson wrote:

It's true though doc, bible thumpers use every disaster to get you to "look into the bible." Ever have a JW knock on you door?

My new disclaimer:

I am a Right-Wing, machine-gun toting, HD3500 pickup truck driving, meat eating, home schooling, bible thumping, Born-Again Christian who thinks that Pat Buchanan is an apologist for the Chinese Politburo.

My comment is that from my side of the fence, I would agree that it is a prime opportunity to provide hope and comfort for folks who need it. If my sharing of the Gospel does that, then no harm done.
Most folks say 'No, thanks' anyway....
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" - Robert A. Heinlein

docwatson
BFCus Regularus

Postby docwatson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:28 pm

Kurt wrote:This is much worse than 9/11. And I think this disaster will lead to more disruptions.

Let us declare war on the weathermen!!!

docwatson
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:45 pm

I've opened up the Buzz estate to some refugees who will be placed here until they can find housing. I hope I don't get looted.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Mikethehack » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Looks like the south has gone even further south.
Can I be the first to predict civil war between the south and everyone else because....well I just want another war, really,just a war where I can have fried chicken all the time and really nice BBQ spare ribs and lots of Woodford Reserve and Jack Daniels to wash it down with (that's why I got bored with Iraq and Israel-they just don't know how to barbecque)
Plus,wouldn't it be really cool to see a firefight taking place in Disneyland?
Just let me know when it's about to kick off. I'm going back to my own little fantasy world till then....
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby Kasca » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Let us declare war on the weathermen!!

>>>>Hell, why don't we just declare war on _hurricanes_? -Especially- Category Five hurricanes?? And let's help our exalted leader to find another country to attack them {hurricanes} in, so we don't have to fight them over here.

Or better yet, let's look at the truth:

The mayor of New Orleans is pointing the finger at the real culprits, and it's documented~`the order to cut off funds to fix the levees came from the White House, not from Congress,. Because they needed to divert the funds to Iraq as per the PNAC plan.

It was known to the white House that the levees were already weak, in need of shoring up, and yet even after the bad hurricane season of last year they refused to take care of what was deemed the Number One natural castrophe to hit America by the Red Cross.

It was really the number one threat to America's security because they knew the ripple effect would be far greater than any terrorist attack.

If your blood isn't boiling already at the stories of babies dying from heat, exposure, lack of food, lack of water, in a major US city three days after a disaster ---one which they had EIGHT days to prepare for~these links may be dangerous for your health.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/31/k ... index.html

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytoo ... 02331.html
"...That was some weird shit."

- George W. Bush, after hearing Donald Trump's Inauguration speech. January 20, 2017. Washington D. C.
Kasca
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:50 pm

What a silly post, Kasca. Your link provides nothing to do with anything you asserted in your post.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Tarkan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Buzzsaw wrote:I've opened up the Buzz estate to some refugees who will be placed here until they can find housing. I hope I don't get looted.

Based on the reports of people shooting at rescue helicopters and boats, I think most of the bad guys are setting up shop in the Kingdom of New Orleans, and for a lot of people it's turning into a real life escape from New Orleans.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:55 pm

They should evacuate all the good people, then blow up the levee and flood the hoodlums. Imagine running around firing a gun at the rescue helicopter at a time like this. Disgraceful.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe