Adobe Premiere Pro help

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Adobe Premiere Pro help

Postby redfax » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:43 am

Ok, I just taped some lectures on sicilian history my father gave (btw, anybody interested can drop me a line). So now I have a couple of 11 gb files on my HD which i captured with Adobe Premiere Pro. I try to export the fuckers as avi files, and the compression apparently gets rid of the quality while doing nothing for the size (still 600mb for 5 mins or so). How do i get them to be like the movies you download off the internet, reasonable quality and 640 mb for 1.5 hrs?
THanks a bunch
Mr. Andrea Matranga
andreamatranga.googlepages.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Those who aren't afraid to die for their ideals, can only die once. The others die every day."
Paolo Borsellino, who only died once
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby jbar » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:58 am

Render them out as WMV or quicktime files...be sure to select a smaller frame size and frame rate.
jbar

Postby redfax » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:16 pm

Can't you get the program to tell you how big you can expect the file size to be, as you can in photo shop?
Mr. Andrea Matranga
andreamatranga.googlepages.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Those who aren't afraid to die for their ideals, can only die once. The others die every day."
Paolo Borsellino, who only died once
redfax
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:27 pm

I would make a quicktime with a frame size of 320x240 encode it at 15 fps. I would use the sorenson codec if you have it. I do not know what codecs premiere supports. I use quicktime pro or cleaner 6 to make all my media files. AVI is way to large to post, Quicktime, Windows Media, MP4 or Real are the standards. I do this about 50 times a day so if you have any questions pm me and I'll give you a hand.
good luck
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Return to Black Flag Cafe