Moral Dilemma

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

what a disappointment

Postby mamie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:50 pm

for a moment there i thought perhaps the BFC's resident Dr. Spock had momentarily allowed his human side to take over and was going to allow us a glimpse of some guiding principal beside and possibly even beyond the confining dictates of logic. i'll admit i'm not very logical, but i can't help but get the feeling that the abuse of this particular "science" is really no different than any other shell game. all for the benefit of the "winner" while leaving the "loser" wondering what the hell happened.

one of my absolute favourite short stories is "Love is a Fallacy" by Max Shulman and every time i think of it i think of you, college boy.

"Cool was I and logical. "
mamie

Postby jamesy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:59 pm

\

I would approach Dick Cheney in the West Wing after gaining entrance using modern, pithy terrorist techniques similar to James Bond. I would approach him with a sinister grin, assume a ninja stance, and stare intensely at his beady eyes while making a shrill "ah" sound.

He would then be hypnotized.

If anyone asks what my business is in the West Wing I would say "Chinese delibery" [sic] with a thick Chinese accent.

I would then hop briskly to Dick Cheneys side. Moving swiftly I would produce a pair of pliars, apply them to his crotch, and squeeze — whereby he would yelp.

The tone from his yelp, multiplied by the tone position on the circle of fifths, divided by the speed of light times the number of active brain cells in GW Bush's brain (53) would give you a small fraction...say, 3.523352569969.

That would be the answer.

Thank you for your time.

J./
jamesy
Aiden of Lindisfarne

Postby Arctic » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:59 pm

I have no idea what you're on about.

So here's a picture of a looter with a pancake on his head.
Eh?
Arctic
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:04 pm

Save George Bush's life instead of taking a picture?...hhmmmm..

Put it this way Rob...Id take the picture FIRST....
1.8 50mm,RAW files to get the detail in his face as he wails and pleads for help..then firewire the images to the laptop...then wire the images to CNN through my cell phone...wait...smoke a giggie.....

...THEN id throw a line out to the fuck.
Last edited by lightstalker on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Arctic » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:08 pm

I'd try and clock him with the camera.

BONK!! *Splash!*
Eh?
Arctic
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Would I put down my camera to save Bin' laden from drowning?..

Id attach a 2.8 300mm image stabalizer and burn some megapixels..smoke a cigarette............................ then I throw a line out to the fuck...
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Kasca » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:37 pm

Donald Rumsfeld is giving President Bush his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff is stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, Dubya looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"
"...That was some weird shit."

- George W. Bush, after hearing Donald Trump's Inauguration speech. January 20, 2017. Washington D. C.
Kasca
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:40 pm

That was pretty funny.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby sparrow » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:59 pm

Ha!

It is.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

sorry to ruin the effect

Postby mamie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:55 pm

Lightstalker, I believe you are overlooking the part that says you yourself are covered with water.

Have you ever tried smoking a wet cigarette? The only word to describe the taste is awful. Nevermind trying to get the damned thing lit. Myself, I would fish the human detritus out, no matter what it's ilk. Guess that wouldn't make me much of a photographer.

Also, how do you differentiate between flotsam and jetsam?
mamie

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:09 pm

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby kgb » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:17 pm

SeanPatrick wrote:Liberals give GW more credit than he deserves. They accuse him of having Godly powers...

It's so freaking funny how the liberals blame Bush for the Katrina disaster... I didn't know Bush was a magician who can create hurricanes with his bare hands and by blowing a light wind while moving his head side to side.

Actually, I've heard that the hurricane was caused by Clinton's penis. Bush simply fucked up the Federal response to the disaster caused by Clinton's penis.
Jesus Shaves
kgb
BFCus Regularus

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kasca » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:22 pm

Liberals give GW more credit than he deserves. They accuse him of having Godly powers...

>>>Oh, crap. Liberals never went around claiming God spoke directly to Bush, that was all his doing.

------------

One night, George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakens to see George Washington standing by him. Bush asks him, "George,what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises, and then fades away.

The next night, Bush is astir again, and sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Bush calls out, "Tom, please! What is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, as I did," Jefferson advises, and dims from sight.

The third night sleep is still not in the cards for Bush. He awakens to see the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed. Bush whispers, "Franklin, what is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Help the less fortunate, just as I did," FDR replies and fades into the mist.

Bush isn't sleeping well the fourth night when he sees another figure moving in the shadows. It is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln. Bush pleads, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the country?"

Lincoln replies, "Go see a play."
"...That was some weird shit."

- George W. Bush, after hearing Donald Trump's Inauguration speech. January 20, 2017. Washington D. C.
Kasca
BFCus Regularus

more on wet cigarettes

Postby mamie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:41 pm

perhaps this will amuse you. my wet cigarette was a Benson & Hedges splashed with coffee, stolen from my mother, and smoked at a bustop in the rain. i started to feel rather ill and could no longer hold my head up. i hit the ground face down as everyone stood there without one person trying to break my fall. when i got up there was a worm stuck to my forehead. everyone else got on the bus and i went home.

eventually i realized that smoking is not a good idea. and like all good ex-smokers, i find smoking repulsive, second-hand smoke nauseating, and the idea of "kissing an ashtray" anathema.

lately, every workday morning outside my subdivision, there is a fat fucker sporting a baseball cap and sitting in his lawnchair smoking a cigar next to an illegible sign. i have absolutely no idea what the hell he is protesting about. so far, my interest hasn't been peaked enough to cross the road and ask him what his problem is or to tell him that his font is too small and while we're at it his car is obstructing my vision and creating a safety hazard.

whoops, where are my manners? first i would say hello. and put on some lipstick.
mamie

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe