Biohazrd monitors triggered @ anti-war rally.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Biohazrd monitors triggered @ anti-war rally.

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 pm

I can't wait for the smelly hippie jokes to start

Biohazard Sensors Triggered
Mall Germ Levels Likely Not a Threat

By Martin Weil and Susan Levine
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, October 1, 2005; Page B01

Biohazard sensors showed the presence of small amounts of potentially dangerous tularemia bacteria in the Mall area last weekend as huge crowds assembled there, but health officials said they believed the levels were too low to be a threat.

Health authorities in the Washington area were notified yesterday that the bacteria were found in and near the area between the U.S. Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial, where crowds gathered Saturday for an antiwar rally and a book festival.

The notification, which came from federal health officials, said that after the initial detection, subsequent tests "supported the presence of low levels" of the bacteria. However, officials also said they did not believe the findings posed a health problem.

"We pretty much feel there is no public health threat here," said Von Roebuck, a spokesman for the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, noting that there have been no reports of tularemia, the disease that is caused by the bacteria. "We just wanted to alert the medical community to watch out for cases."

Health officials said the usual incubation period for tularemia is less than a week.

Roebuck said people who were on the Mall but who do not have symptoms need not be concerned.

Symptoms include fever, chills, headache, muscle ache, joint pain, dry cough and conjunctivitis.

Officials said the quantities detected were too small to have been an attack.

In nature, the bacteria are found in rodents and small animals, and "the working hypothesis" is that something in the environment got stirred up, D.C. Public Health Director Gregg A. Pane said.

But he said it was puzzling that the finding was from a day when the Mall was packed with people.

"Why that day? That's what is not explained," Pane said. "It was just this 24-hour period and none since."

At least one official suggested that so many people on the Mall might have triggered the alert, since dry conditions would have made it easier to raise dust.Biohazard Sensors Triggered

Tularemia is not spread from person to person. It can be contracted by direct contact with the bacteria that cause it -- by swallowing them or, if they have been suspended in air, through inhalation.

The germ that causes tularemia is considered a biohazard because it is highly infectious and was tested in the 1960s by the United States as a biological weapon. The disease is treatable with antibiotics but, if left untreated, can be fatal.

The country has spent more than $200 million to install the sensor system known as BioWatch in more than 30 U.S. cities. Samples from sensors are collected daily to check for pathogens such as those that cause anthrax, smallpox or plague.

More than a half-dozen sensors operating from 10 a.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday -- at sites including the Lincoln Memorial, Fort McNair and Judiciary Square -- detected the bacteria, Pane said he was told.

He said the CDC expected to notify hospitals nationwide as a precaution because so many people came from out of town to the Mall last weekend.

Similarly, he said, he expected area health officials to watch for symptoms into next week.

Authorities recommend that people who visited the Mall between 10 a.m. Sept. 24 and 10 a.m. Sept. 25 should see a physician if they experience symptoms.

Staff writers Spencer S. Hsu, Daniel K. Eggen and Rick Weiss contributed to this report.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:50 am

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby soren » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:57 am

I was there, and I didn't smell any patchouli. I did notice an aged set, old hippies and vietnam war vets, but thee were a lot of hot young girls there. The anarchist girls selling the black t-shirts that said something to the effect of "quit bitching and start the revolution" were very tempting, but I was there with my mom, and my son.

Next time, I go solo, and I am not coming home alone. However, I will make every effort not to sleep with anyone's wife, if they are over in Iraq, Colombia, Mali, Georgia, wherever... but if they merely left there wife to participate in some minor counterdemonstration at the edge of the crowd, all bets are off :)

Rumor has it there is a general strike in the U.S. planned for Nov 2nd.

Anyone have any experience picking up hot young revolutionary chicks during national strikes? We are new to this in the U.S. ... I imagine it could be quite the pickup scene... Do I approach them at their roadblock, or do I burn my own old tire in the street and wait for them to come to me?

Oh yeah, next time, I'll bring Cipro, instead of waiting 'til I get home to take it :)
soren
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:58 am

soren wrote: Anyone have any experience picking up hot young revolutionary chicks during national strikes?
Does dressing up as a cop and making fake arrests count? ;-)

Funny yet sad thing about revolutionaries and other white-collar crusaders is how they still believe their own words.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Mikethehack » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:41 am

soren wrote:Anyone have any experience picking up hot young revolutionary chicks during national strikes? We are new to this in the U.S. ... I imagine it could be quite the pickup scene... Do I approach them at their roadblock, or do I burn my own old tire in the street and wait for them to come to me?

Plenty, but it is almost a science in itself and requires several skills, the most important being the art of bullshitting. You have to avoid the shrill, highly opinionated ones and go for the quiet,intelligent,intense ones (imho).

Not so many babes on the scene on this side of the pond anymore-the novelty has worn off and daddies little rich girl has gone back to hanging out with her Clueless-type girlie pals shopping on Rodeo Drive etc. Ask Lightstalker, who used to be flat out sticking his lenses into the faces and other interesting places of any babes we would encounter during the big demos, but these days comes back from a job with nothing more than a few pix of the really loud space-cadets.

It can be a pain the butt to score if you are a journalist,but not impossible because I was usually staying in a luxurious 5 star hotel and was travelling on expense, had sweet-talked the cops into providing me with an emergency exit in case it all went pear-shaped and would let her use my gear to take photos,email stuff etc.B,B&B (bed, Beakfast and Booze) always sells to all but the most hardcore who will sleep on the freezing park benches, come hell or high pressure water cannon.

Get on the net and memorize cool quotes from revolutionary poets, the reviews of a few cool books on the relevant subjects are also a quick way of getting up to speed on what's hot. Take acting classes and study psychology while you're at it and ask her if she wants to listen to your iPod which is playing deeply serious classical music just before the action kicks off. The really quiet ones are usually animals in the sack,btw (what the hell am I giving away my secrets for???).

In short, learn how to get inside her head and getting inside the other parts will be easy.
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Postby soren » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:14 am

soren wrote:Anyone have any experience picking up hot young revolutionary chicks during national strikes?

Mikethehack wrote:Not so many babes on the scene on this side of the pond anymore-the novelty has worn off and daddies little rich girl has gone back to hanging out with her Clueless-type girlie pals shopping on Rodeo Drive etc.

I think that you thought I meant protest - I think that looks pretty easy. What I meant was "general strike", but I wrote "national strike". Google results show "national strike" is how you describe it when the French and Indians do it:

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/20 ... 58215.html

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 26/1/.html

General strike appearantly describes it when it happens in the Western Hemisphere:

http://faculty.washington.edu/gregoryj/strike/

http://ww3report.com/andean/colombia

Sure, I think that "chick crack" (as Neil Strauss describes it in his book "The Game") would work in a demo, but that survival-themed "peacocking" like pushing a fuel cell powered ice cream making machine in a tricked out shopping cart would get you a few number closes if the big tire-burning-strike-thing happened on a hot day in Manhattan. Or Haiti...
soren
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:26 am

soren wrote:
soren wrote:Anyone have any experience picking up hot young revolutionary chicks during national strikes?

"national Strikes" are really places to pick up girls..
what are gonna do?.peruse the picket line for chicks?.
You will have more luck at an anti war protest where theres a little more action..
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby lightstalker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:34 am

I pulled a bird at my local library once...the self help sections good,as well as the art section.try peering at her through the books...
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:36 am

soren wrote:

Yes, lots. The trick to Revolutionary chicks is to not be the dime-a-dozen Revolutionary guy...meaning that they dislike the men who are the way their Revolutionary ideals tell them to be. But don't be a Young Neo-con...They won't go for the "opposit" (even though neocons and pinkos have lots in common) but you got to disagree with enough stuff.

And if Sheehan is a windbag, is the cause of her wind-baggedness the fact that a war killed her son? Or what.

Ideally what is the proper way for a Gold Star mother to behave? We hear all the time what a gasbag or even "Ditch-Bitch" she is but no constructive suggestions for more suitable behavior on her part are suggested by the anti-Sheehan crowd and I would like to a hear a few.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:39 pm

no constructive suggestions for more suitable behavior on her part are suggested by the anti-Sheehan crowd and I would like to a hear a few.

She should tell her tale simply and not give in to the simpering
petulance aspect of the people who oppose the War in Iraq.
She should tell of an ordinary American Mom, one who paid taxes,
voted, got married and raised a child.
Tell how she did what she was told so she could help build a better, freer world and tried to instill beliefs of truth and liberty
into her boy so he could help to build the dream of America as well.
As all good people do for freedom.
You see the problem with Cindy is that she believed the tale of America.
Take the time to imagine holding your little child in your arms,
feeling the warm of them and the beating of their heart.
Now tell me it's OK for that life to be snuffed out, not in the defence of liberty or freedom, but for the greed of old men and the merchant whelps that pack around them.
She needs to get away from the angry impotent left and be a simple heartbroken woman who tells her truth.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:43 pm

soren wrote: I think that "chick crack" (as Neil Strauss describes it in his book "The Game") would work in a demo...
Saw the movie, can't remember either M Douglas' or C Sheen's character mention it.
Both possible meanings are defo in my sphere of interest.

As for BS as an art, I can't help but feel a bit sad every time it does work. As hard as feigning an interest is, it's nowhere near as fatigueing as constantly remembering your own web of lies though...

Suffice to say I've lately become more and more of a conscientious objector in the battle of the sexes.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby soren » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:05 pm

el3so wrote:
soren wrote: I think that "chick crack" (as Neil Strauss describes it in his book "The Game") would work in a demo...
Saw the movie, can't remember either M Douglas' or C Sheen's character mention it.

it is a book here is the link to a description on Amazon: The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, by Neil Strauss

I am thinking about researching this a little more and offering some workshops on applying some of these social engineering in a National Security or Corporate Espionage context, with cross-cultural insights.
soren
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:11 pm

soren wrote: "quit bitching and start the revolution"

Why do I have to start it? I was waiting on the hot anarchist chicks to kick it off.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Ultra Swain » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:14 pm

[/quote]
In short, learn how to get inside her head and getting inside the other parts will be easy.[/quote]

You may need to change your name to mike the mack! go playa!
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:46 pm

These leftist anarchist chicks are pretty easy to pull but, ironically, are usually not very good lays.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe