Head of "MS" killed in San Pedro Sula, Honduras

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Head of "MS" killed in San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Postby El Pelon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Its all over the papers today that the cops in San Pedro Sula killed the head of "MS" (I assume it is MS-13). Now it will be time to see if there are any reprisals or battles to take over leadership within the organization. It seemed quiet on the streets today, but tonight is another story. Vamos a ver. Live by the gun die by the gun.

Sorry, its in Spanish

Policías ultiman a supuesto jefe de MS

La DGIC asegura que Maradiaga tenía un rosario de antecedentes, entre los que estaba la muerte del dirigente del transporte Aníbal Urquía

SAN PEDRO SULA Un supuesto jefe de la mara MS de la colonia San José V perdió la vida ayer al enfrentarse a tiros con agentes de la Dirección General de Investigación Criminal (DGIC) que le daban persecución por la 33 calle sureste de la ciudad.

El occiso fue identificado como Bayron Javier Maradiaga, quien --según la policía-- era conocido en el bajo mundo como "El Tikito" o "El Travieso". Al momento del enfrentamiento se hacía acompañar de Jesús Humberto Mancía, quien tiene antecedentes por asociación ilícita y homicidio.

Maradiaga, que manejaba el vehículo marca Kia, color verde, placas PBS2139, al recibir los dos balazos se salió de la calzada, enfrente de la colonia Guillén.

SEGUIMIENTO

Los supuestos mareros fueron seguidos por los agentes de la DGIC al momento en que salieron de la colonia San José V, a eso de las 12:45 del mediodía. Al llegar enfrente del Estadio Olímpico, la autoridad los requirió para que pararan el auto. En ese instante se inició el enfrentamiento, con los vehículos en marcha.

Al llegar a la colonia Guillén uno de los ocupantes del Kia botó una pistola 38, que quedó en el pavimento, a unos 60 metros atrás de donde el vehículo se había salido de la calzada. Al llegar los agentes al vehículo encontraron a Maradiaga, muerto sobre el asiento del pasajero. Su acompañante fue capturado cuando abandonó el auto.

OTRA PISTOLA

En el instante que las autoridades de Inspecciones Oculares, fiscales y forenses llegaron a reconocer el cadáver, al occiso se le encontró una licencia con la fotografía de él, pero con el nombre de Davis Javier Rodríguez. Dentro del auto encontraron una pistola nueve milímetros y un celular.

Hasta el vehículo llegó una hermana de Maradiaga, quien al verlo se puso a llorar.

Después del reconocimiento, el cuerpo fue embolsado y depositado en el vehículo que transporta los cadáveres a la morgue para que se les haga la autopsia correspondiente.

El vehículo, que presentaba un orificio de bala en el vidrio delantero a la altura del conductor, el vidrio de la puerta trasera del lado izquierdo quebrado por los impactos de bala y los laterales abollados, fue conducido por un agente de la DGIC hasta el parqueo de esa institución.

ANTECEDENTES

Las autoridades de la DGIC manifestaron que Maradiaga tenía un rosario de antecedentes, entre los que estaba la muerte del dirigente del transporte Aníbal Urquía, ocurrida recientemente, y la del presidente de la cooperativa de los taxistas del punto de la colonia Olímpica.

También le achacan haber participado en la masacre de Chamelecón en diciembre de 2004.

Aparte de estos señalamientos, era sospechoso de haber matado a Milton "El Chocolate" Flores y de cobrar impuestos de guerra a los comerciantes de la San José V, Islas del Progreso y a los conductores de los rapiditos de la ruta número 1, quienes le daban cinco mil lempiras al mes.

En cambio, su progenitora dijo que su hijo se dedicaba al comercio y que vivía en Tela con su esposa.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:21 am

Please keep us updated on this one.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:25 am

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:43 am

correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt it say they killed 'a' suspected chief of the maras rather than 'the'? that would give me the impressiong that they got one of the big fish, but not the biggest fish.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:46 am

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 am

that's what i thought. but, hey, the police know that a little good PR never hurt nobody, even if it's not exactly true.
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby El Pelon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:12 am

They have to confirm everything, but yes it does say "a" leader. He is obviously some kind of big fish though, word on the street is that this guy matters. La Prensa (the biggest paper) had their whole front page filled with huge letters and a nice photo of his body stuck in his car and some lady crying being led away from him. They usually have a photo like that, but usually doesn-t get the full cover. I spoke with a couple of military officials yesterday and it would have been hard to slap the grin off their faces. They just kept talking about how great it was to get this guy. Apparently they just need to make everything official and if they do, I am sure there will be more. DISCLAIMER: This IS Honduras so it could have been some poor sap that got caught in the crossfire. Time may tell.

I may have unintentionally misled on my first post about this. I think they are looking at the dude as the Honduran head, not necessarily THE head. Sorry about that.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby kilroy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:09 pm

cool. thanks for the clarification. keep us posted.
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby El Pelon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:42 am

Last night I had dinner with two army officers and they both said that this guy was el jefe in Honduras, and they said they were sure about his identity. Then they were talking about how they could get things done if the army were in charge of taking these guys out instead of the police. I have a feeling that "unorthodox" would be a minimal descriptor of what they had in mind, technique wise (they were describing how they did it in the Contra days, anyone ever heard of Group 316? sounded kind of rough). Depending on who wins the presidential elections, we may see what they were talking about materialize.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:00 pm

A story and photos about MS13 by a BFCer if anyone is interested.

http://www.polosbastards.com/artman/publish/MS13.shtml
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe