Disney.....velly velly bad.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Disney.....velly velly bad.

Postby Stiv » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:40 am

I'm suprised this doesn't happen more. Or maybe it does and Mickey and the evil empire just hide it!!

Former Disney employee threatens suicide atop Space Mountain in Hong Kong Wed Oct 12, 2:32 AM ET

HONG KONG (AP) - A former Disney worker climbed to the roof of the Hong Kong park's most popular attraction and threatened to slash his throat to protest his dismissal, a Disney spokeswoman and newspaper reports said Wednesday.

The 48-year-old man, a former security guard at the theme park, climbed to the top of the building housing the Space Mountain roller coaster on Tuesday and remained there for two hours, Hong Kong Disneyland spokeswoman Esther Wong said.

Photographs published in the Apple Daily newspaper showed the man sporting a white T-shirt with the words "blood," "reveal the truth" and "SOS" written in red paint. He was also shown placing a small penknife at his throat.

The man was unhappy that he was fired three months ago for allegedly violating park rules, including using obscene language during working hours, the paper said.

He climbed down unhurt after a two-hour negotiation with police and fire fighters, Wong confirmed.

A Hong Kong trade union has received about 60 complaints of alleged labour abuse - including long hours and lack of rest time - from Hong Kong Disneyland employees since the park opened last month.

But Labour Department spokesman Ricky Chan said Disney had not violated any labour laws.

Wong stressed that the park has already made labour-related improvements after discussions with unionists.
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:55 pm

well if it made money or increased attendance Disney would repeat it every hour on the hour. Don't forget Disney is the guy who made billions by killing one or both of his characters parents in the first few minutes of his movies.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Lunatock » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:28 pm

Ever seen or heard of the abuse the people in the huge stuffy costumes have to endure? And that includes never being allowed to unmask, even if the temps inside the costume make the wearer vomit.
So I'll meet up with that Russian, that Brazillian, the rest of the team from Brooklyn..and we'll start shooting.
Lunatock
Obarrg

Postby goat balls » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:12 pm

Heh..there was a guy playing Gumby or one of those characters at Disney World in Orlando that was feeling up all the women when he posed for pictures with them.

A Grab Ass Gumby....he was found not guilty though.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Moosehead » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:44 pm

showed the man sporting a white T-shirt with the words "blood," "reveal the truth" and "SOS" written in red paint. He was also shown placing a small penknife at his throat.

Steamboat Willie is not amused. Take your suicidal depression to the carnival.
And all my promises are lies, all my love is hate
I am the politician, and I decide your fate
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Moosehead
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:58 pm

yeah..and di you ever notice that all the villians have purple eye shadow??
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Moosehead » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:39 am

RYP:
yeah..and di you ever notice that all the villians have purple eye shadow??

I noticed. They have parades these days too! Walt Disney, what have you created!? Noooooooooo!
And all my promises are lies, all my love is hate
I am the politician, and I decide your fate
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Moosehead
BFCus Regularus

Postby Qwazy Wabbit » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:46 am

The man was unhappy that he was fired three months ago for allegedly violating park rules, including using obscene language during working hours......Hong Kong Disneyland.....opened last month.

This guy was fired for using obscene language on a construction site? I always thought using obscene language was a requirement.
Qwazy Wabbit
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe