Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ

Postby SeanPatrick » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:00 pm

Ξ §eän Päŧŗîćķ Ξ
Last edited by SeanPatrick on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanPatrick
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:41 pm

The Social Democrats will still hold key portfolios which will make it difficult for the new chancellor to implement changes. These posts include Foreign Affairs and Finance.

I think the Germans basically voted for status quo.....oh well,it's their country.
Sri Lanky

Postby Penta » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:13 pm

It looks as if a lot of Germans thought it was time for a change from Schroeder, but most of them didn't want the major roll-back of state institutions that the CDU and Merkel were offering. And it looks as if that combination is what they'll get. Just as the British didn't want a Conservative government but wanted to slash Blair's majority in the Commons.

Some electorates can be pretty sophisticated these days.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:26 pm

Basically this is what happened in Canada's last election. The electorate wanted to punish the corrupt Liberals but not enough to bring in a draconian Conservative government.
Sri Lanky

Postby Penta » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:40 pm

SeanPatrick wrote:This old bitter man

What's with the "old"? He's younger than GWB will be when he leaves office (unless you impeach him first), younger than Bush senior was, much younger than Reagan, younger than Kohl, Thatcher and Chirac ...
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Return to Black Flag Cafe