Dr Peter Waldron arrested in Uganda with illegal weapons

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Dr Peter Waldron arrested in Uganda with illegal weapons

Postby jbuchana » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:34 pm

Anybody here know this guy? Preacher who was caught with submachine guns in Africa.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200602211257.html
jbuchana
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:38 pm

Typical Jesus whack job... I did find some great photos while googling him..

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Dr Peter Waldron arrested in Uganda with illegal weapons

Postby Michelle » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:56 pm

[quote="jbuchana"]Anybody here know this guy? Preacher who was caught with submachine guns in Africa.
NEWS ALERT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 28, 2006

Peter Waldron, American businessman, arrested in Uganda on trumped up charges

Retaliation cited as motive for Waldron’s report on Ugandan riots

Family and friends call on Americans to help free Peter Waldron

(Peter Waldron’s profile is provided below.)

On February 21, 2006, police searched the home and property Waldron rented during the periods of time he lives in Kampala, Uganda. Waldron allowed the police to search, and they found nothing. Later, police came again and to Waldron’s astonishment, claimed to have found illegal weapons and ammunition in his garage. Waldron adamantly denies owning or storing guns of any kind.

Police arrested Waldron and charged him with illegal possession of firearms.

Later, a police spokesman alleged that Waldron is a terrorist, and that he conspired to create a Christian political party in Uganda. The charges stem from the publication of Waldron’s newsletter, The African Digest, published late in 2005. The entire document is available at http://www.daveracer.com/index1.htm. The digest contains a true story of Waldron’s view of riots that occurred in Kampala late in 2005. I encouraged Waldron to write the digest and, in fact, edited it for him.

I have known Peter Waldron for nearly 20 years, but only began working with him during the last six months of 2005. I visited him and his family in Tampa, Florida during September, and while there, we discussed four book projects. As well, we discussed his work in Uganda, his relationship with President and Mrs. Museveni, his work with the born again Christians in Uganda. Never in our conversations then or since did Waldron ever discuss any political plans whatsoever for Uganda beyond rewriting his book, Rebuilding the Walls, to apply to Ugandan life. He asked me to edit this project for him.

Peter Waldron has been arrested under false pretenses and charged with serious crimes because he exercised the rights of a journalist, to freely and factually describe the Kampala riots. No journalist anywhere in any country that purports to advocate constitutional, democratic government should have to be so treated.

It is essential that American media become engaged in this story, and that our diplomatic corps immediately bring Peter Waldron safely back home.

Dr. Peter E. Waldron’s Profile:

Dr. Peter E. Waldron, 59, first went to Africa in 1969 as a consultant to the East African Development Bank. He served as a liaison between the newly independent sovereign governments of sub-Sahara Africa and multi-national corporations in Europe, North America and Asia. Other foreign assignments have included Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.

Since 2002, Dr. Waldron has worked fulltime in Uganda in an effort to facilitate the delivery of anti-retroviral drugs to HIV/AIDS infected patients. He currently supervises a pilot study at three Kampala hospitals representing a software application (ARVIMS) that, when deployed, will be the premier patient and pharmaceutical information management system of its kind in the world.

While in Uganda, he has worked closely with the office of President Yoweri Museveni concerning HIV/AIDS and in discussions about the country’s political infrastructure. He has traveled extensively throughout the country and interacted with local leaders and citizens to such an extent as to gain an unfiltered understanding of their culture, worldview and mores.

Dr. Waldron is the president of Contact America Group, Inc., the business structure through which he conducts his international work. In addition, he has served as an advisor to several candidates for public office, including Congress and the Office of the President of the United States.

His has experience in TV, radio, magazine, and newspaper journalism, providing in-depth research on a variety of issues that were developed into special reports for The Washington Times in Washington, DC. These reports include, “The War against Women,” which addresses the treatment of women by different world religions; “The Energy Crisis Report,” an in depth study of the Alaska Natural Wildlife Refuge issue; “Making Men into Pillars of Society,” a study of the American Evangelical men’s movement.

During the 1980s, Dr. Waldron hosted a national talk radio show heard in 300 cities and eight foreign countries. His national media appearances include Nightline, Charlie Rose, Crossfire, Maury Povich, and Sally Jesse Raphael. He has been a guest on scores of local radio, cable and TV broadcasts.

Dr. Waldron and his wife Pamela have been married for more than 26 years. They have five children, and own a home in Wyoming and Florida.

The Waldron’s founded the Rising Stars Education and Sports Foundation in Florida, a juvenile crime prevention program for at-risk children. The character-based curriculum focuses on literacy, offering a strong after-school program in some of the worst crime zones and poorest neighborhoods on Florida’s West Coast.

Dr. Waldron owns a small ranch in Wyoming, and a home in Tampa, Florida.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200602211257.html[/quote]
Michelle

Postby coldharvest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:23 pm

It is essential that American media become engaged in this story

I know that I for one champion people who write articles about a brutal regime of thieves and scumbags and then live there while tweaking their book.
His national media appearances include Nightline, Charlie Rose, Crossfire, Maury Povich, and Sally Jesse Raphael.

Oooo, you lost me with the last two unless, of course, he went there to hang a beatin' on them.
Dr. Waldron owns a small ranch in Wyoming

Does he know Dick Cheney?
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Return to Black Flag Cafe