Lightstalking in Chechnya

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby Stiv » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:28 am

kilroy wrote:permskiOMAN? i think he goes by the handle of 'infidel' now.

didn't seem too terrible of a dude, just falls opposite of most people on the board when it comes the chechnya issue. makes sense, seeing as he is russian (and a member of their OMAN forces, to boot).

Absolutely have to agree with Kilroy and nowonmai. It's like the Yin and yang of things, balance is everything.

One of the fundemantal flaws of some of the extremely anti this or that thinkers here is their mentality won't inherently bring others into the fold but will infact just by the nature of thier rhetoric force some to feel the exact opposite about what they incessantly drone on about.

Right or wrong? It really doesn't matter, it's all about what makes the most sense.

~Stiv
Her eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Postby lightstalker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:24 am

Slam wrote:LS, can you confirm that the Ruskies are all volunteer/contract fellas now? They claim there's no conscripts in Chechnya now.

The military presence consists of mostly federal troops, Some Spetsnaz and OMON special forces.Ramzan Kadryov has his own army.
The conscripts were either set free or thrown back into jail.

I am back in Moscow at the moment.Im going back down to the south caucasus tommorow.

Vladikavkaz is actually a nice city.Ossetian food is quite nice and the Vodka is extremly cheap yet reeeallly good.Especially the local Ossetian stuff.3 quid a bottle.
I drove through Beslan a few times but I have no idea of where the school is.I only stopped into Beslan to pick up a packet of fags.

I am going back into Ingushetia and Chechnya some time soon bacause I have more stuff to shoot.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby lightstalker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:39 am

SRR wrote:Ah, Lightstalker leaves his basement.... damned if I know why.

Keep us informed, I almost forgot that there was this place called Chechnya with all that israel stuff going on. Is the Grozny waterpark open yet?

Hey dude,

The waterpark isnt open yet.I was all geared up to hit the waterslide and go on the bumper boats with the feds but it looks as though we will just have to wait a while for that.
Unfortuantly,Ingushetia doesnt have a disneyland either,just a few asphalt factories and alot of dead dogs.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby SRR » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:08 am

I am going back into Ingushetia and Chechnya some time soon bacause I have more stuff to shoot.

Ironically, isn't this what Putin says every few years?
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby lightstalker » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Im in Azerbaijan at the moment,and already the Azeris have tried to rip me off.haha...some street venfor wanted 5 new manat for a bottle of coke.haha!!..thats about 4 euros..

The "Azerbaijan hotel" is a real gem.

Its very near the centre of Baku which is probably the only thing going for it.I went in to check out the state of the rooms and the prices.
The hotel lobby stunk of stale cigatettes and garlic.The carpets throughout the hallways were full of holes and caked with shit.
The room i checked out was diabolical.The elcetrics were all burnt out and live wires hanged out of the cracks in the roof.
The bathroom stunk of Eau de Arab,Shaslek and garlic.The toilet had one very dark shit stain engrained into the porcelien and the wash basin didnt have ant taps let alone any runnnig water.The shower was fucked.i turned on the forcet and the pipes wailed and howled in protest until it felt like the whole building was about to collapse under me.
And the wanted 30 USD a night.
I politely declined the invitation.
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby nowonmai » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:02 pm

The bathroom stunk of Eau de Arab,Shaslek and garlic.The toilet had one very dark shit stain engrained into the porcelien and the wash basin didnt have ant taps let alone any runnnig water.The shower was fucked.i turned on the forcet and the pipes wailed and howled in protest until it felt like the whole building was about to collapse under me.

Thats why I come to the Flag. So real I can almost smell it. Quality.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe