The greatest danger to civilisation over the next 20 years?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The greatest danger to civilisation over the next 20 years?

Terrorism
19%
AIDS
15%
Mass conventional war
4%
Nuclear war
7%
Mass third world immigration
7%
American imperialism
11%
Europe voting the Nazis back in
No votes
The oil running out
11%
Chinese expansionism
4%
Other
22%

Total votes : 27

Postby Aegis » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:41 am

Tally one vote for overpopulated corners of the world (India and China, I'm looking at you) running out of resources and decending into a Malthusian wonderland of war and disease.
"[R]emember, Roman, these will be your arts: to teach the ways of peace to those you conquer, to spare defeated peoples, tame the proud."

-Virgil, the Aeneid
Aegis
BFCus Regularus

Location: The dark heart of "Red" Oregon... or I guess its "Blue" Oregon now.

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:47 am

I think that if the US keeps getting worthless politicians running the country instead of real people, as the government was originally set up for, the people would eventually rise up against it.
Now, if I can say that with a backwoods Montana accent or a straight face, somebody should hurt me.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe