Coke Or Pepsi

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Coke or Pepsi

Coke
75%
Pepsi
25%

Total votes : 32

"Coke" is not real "Coke" anyway

Postby Kurt » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:15 pm

Because they use that Gawdawful Corn Syrup in it instead of cane or beet sugar. But I drink it anyway, though not as much as I used to.

When I get to Haiti, one of the few things about Haiti that briefly makes you think life is easier there is the Barabancourt Rhum and the "Real Coke" ..No Corn Sweetener aftertaste to mess with the Rum, and if you add so really small, almost pine-flavored Haitian limes over frozen Culligan filtered water....Yum!

Then it is back to open sewer-land in the morning.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

I quit drinking that junk

Postby Bronco » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:40 pm

The Cola Wars were the end of colas for me.. But look what drinking Pepsi did to Michael Jackson......
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Lochaber

Postby DawnC71 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:15 pm

No, That is why I said my Environmental Compliance instructor CLAIMED this....I did not state it as as fact so I dont have to back it up....oh and it is only 1 percent off on the Ph but that does not mean that the EPA changed their rules just to aid the soda industry...it just so happens that is what carbonated water's properties are. Oh and all you have to do is a litmus strip test on a soda and compare it to what the EPA regulations are...that is how we did it in the class I was in anyways....of course when I took the class it was 1997..so the standards could have changed a bit
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

nachos, crack, and vegans

Postby kilroy » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:45 pm

ciarrai, you're right, that is sacrilege.

skiritai, it's amazing how many implements of torture are tofu-based, no?

stiv, i know mountain dew can be used as a mixer, as i've had some mountain dew drinks. usually they're in the fruity drinks with a little juice too.

and kurt, another reasone 'coke' isn't 'real coke' is because they stopped putting the cocaine in. nuts! that really added an extra kick i bet.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:00 pm

One of my best friends drinks 24 canned Mountain Dew drinks a day....he has acid reflux and the doctor told him if he did not stop drinking soda and caffeinated drinks he probably would get Esophageal Cancer...Other than that he eats almost a completely macrobiotic diet...nothing but Brown Rice, Organic Veggies and a little fresh fish every now and again.....He just got hopelessly addicted to the stuff when he was a kid I guess...if he does not have three Mountain Dews within an hour of waking up in the morning, he is an ASSHOLE. If they ever made it illegal, he would start trafficking it in.
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:55 am

I am dead serious.....you would think he was a hard core crack addict when he is jonesing for a Mt. Dew man. Too bad, really, because he is healthy in every other way.
Cheers,
Dawn
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe