How many years would you wait?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How many years would you wait for repairs before moving Apt.s?

Less than one
57%
Two years
14%
Five years
No votes
Ten years maximum - Not a minute more
No votes
Randolph had it right, what's the rush?
29%

Total votes : 7

How many years would you wait?

Postby The.Duke » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:36 am

ORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (Reuters) - A frail 89-year-old Trinidadian man left his apartment for the first time in eight years this week after broken elevators in the government-owned building were finally replaced.
Local newspapers reported Thursday that Randolph Hall had been forced to stay in his eighth-floor apartment for years because he did not have the strength to go up and down so many flights of stairs.

After taking his first ride down the new elevator on Wednesday, accompanied by Trinidadian Housing Minister Keith Rowley, Hall said he was thankful.[i][/i]
The.Duke
The.Duke

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:52 am

I could've sworn I'd replied to this one already.

Ah, here we go...
If that was anywhere in the US, he'd be screaming at said minister "Where's my Reparations, Bitch?"
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby The.Duke » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:58 am

It's hard to believe that on an issue of this Magnitude, this dramatic scope, something so focused directly on the heart of the Black Flags' central issue of travel, that the hundreds of registered users haven't weighed in on this...

After all, how can you travel if you can't leave your apartment?...

RYP lend a hand and lead by example...
The.Duke
The.Duke

Postby The.Duke » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:24 am

Reuters
Randolph Hall concerned about impending US Airstikes on the Elevator Repair Center located 3 blocks from his home, sources reported today.
developing...
The.Duke
The.Duke

Return to Black Flag Cafe