EU and future alliances

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

With which entity will the EU ally itself with in the future?

A resurgent Russia
8%
America
23%
Neither,it will not need either
69%

Total votes : 13

EU and future alliances

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:09 pm

Please choose
Sri Lanky

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:14 pm

What is the source of your loosely veiled rabid anti-Americanism, Lanky?
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:17 pm

Buzzsaw wrote:What is the source of your loosely veiled rabid anti-Americanism, Lanky?

Envy.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:20 pm

How come a United Pan-Arab State isn't a choice?
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:30 pm

Actually,I feel sorry for brainwashed Americans. You live in a cut-throat world;backstabbing each other.

I only despise the fascist American government.

You are dumb enough to think an attack on your sick and corrupt government is an attack on you personally. Similar to Islamo-fascists. No difference in that regard,is there.
Sri Lanky

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:38 pm

We're still trying to figure out exactly what your attack on our corrupt government actually is, Lanky.

Anyway, I'm off to do some backstabbing of some of my fellow brainwashed citizens. I'll check back later.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Renard » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:40 pm

in general, an attack on a democratically-elected government IS an attack on the people it has been elected to represent. That's just a matter of principle.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:41 pm

Buzzsaw wrote:We're still trying to figure out exactly what your attack on our corrupt government actually is, Lanky.

Anyway, I'm off to do some backstabbing of some of my fellow brainwashed citizens. I'll check back later.

I'm on to you now Buzzsaw, thanks to Sri. And to think that all this time I thought the job of stabbing us in the back fell to the French and their Belgian and German cronies.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:44 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Buzzsaw wrote:We're still trying to figure out exactly what your attack on our corrupt government actually is, Lanky.

I'm on to you now Buzzsaw, thanks to Sri. And to think that all this time I thought the job of stabbing us in the back fell to the French and their Belgian and German cronies.

Nope, it's been me and my brainwashed backstabbing buddies with the blessing of our corrupt government.

Now how the hell am I supposed to backstab you now that Lanky has clued you in? Curse you, Lanky.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Bobby Sands » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Renard wrote:in general, an attack on a democratically-elected government IS an attack on the people it has been elected to represent. That's just a matter of principle.

Bush wasn't "democratically-elected" because Al Gore won the popular vote. I guess you can say Bush was electorally college-elected.

Having said that, before the flames start, I would have selected Bush over Gore.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Renard » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:52 pm

i said the government was democratically-elected. The American government does go beyond the presidency.

But if you want to talk about the first-past-the-post system, it isn't perfect but it does take regional representation into account, which is necessary in a large federation with regional interests.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:25 pm

Over 50% of Americans despise their own fascist government,except for the backstabbing brainwashed ones.

Your government is using the French as a scapegoat.

Besides,this is a thread about EU alliances. Keep your anti-antiAmerican comments to the shit flying thread please. Don't be so rude.
Last edited by Sri Lanky on Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sri Lanky

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:28 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Over 50% of Americans despise their own fascist government,except for the backstabbing brainwashed ones.

Over 50% of the Americans support their government, except for the deluded, limp-wristed European wannabes.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:32 pm

Wrong.
Sri Lanky

Postby Renard » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:34 pm

In any case, judging from the last two posts, it looks like the Americans are headed for Civil War 2: judgement day.

In this scenario, it wouldn't be the north vs. the south, but the pro-abortion liberals vs. the pro-death penalty conservatives.

My prediction is that it will be longer and deadlier as the respective armies will no longer agree to meet each other in a random field in straight line configurations while they blast musket shots at each other from 10 meters.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe