The publics right to salacious detail...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Should politicians have to unseal their divorce papers?

Yes
11%
No - it's totally ridiculous
67%
Only the Democrats
No votes
Only the Republicans
No votes
Only third parties and independents
No votes
Only elevator repairmen
22%

Total votes : 9

The publics right to salacious detail...

Postby The.Duke » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:14 am

PHOENIX, Ariz. (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) on Tuesday rejected any suggestion that he release records of his 1988 divorce, calling it old history that had nothing to do with anyone else.

"I have no intention of doing that at all," Kerry said during a campaign stop in Phoenix, Arizona, when a reporter asked if he would release the papers from his divorce from his first wife Julia Thorn.

In a U.S. senate race in Illinois, Republican candidate Jack Ryan quit his campaign last week after the Chicago Tribune and other media sued to have his sealed divorce records made public.

The papers revealed that his ex-wife had accused him of asking her to have sex with him in front of strangers at a club.

Kerry, who will try to unseat President Bush (news - web sites) in November, said there was no reason for him to release his divorce records.

"It's history, ancient history. My ex-wife and I are terrific friends, very proud of our children. We have stayed close through those years as an extended family," the Massachusetts senator said, adding, "It's none of anybody's business, period."

Kerry is now married to Teresa Heinz Kerry.
The.Duke
The.Duke

Return to Black Flag Cafe