This really pisses me off.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Do you hate born again christians?

Yes
15%
No
19%
Only at my front door
44%
They're the only entertainment that you don't have to tip while drunk on Bourbon Street.
22%

Total votes : 27

This really pisses me off.

Postby Tejas » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:43 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3885629.stm

I don't get how these assholes can take a position/ set a policy that has consistently proven itself a loser. Why not just pray for healing instead of supplying drugs? If your faith is strong, you'll be ok. I hate born agains.

Secondly, notice that the largest international political clout mentioned in support here is Uganda. You always want to make sure that there on board.
"Every year you get worse. More booze, more bullshit, more buttfucking"- Marcus (Bad Santa)
Tejas
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:30 pm

If muslims started knocking at my door or bugging me in the street I'd hate them too.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

you didnt read, did ya ch?

Postby Tejas » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:40 pm

and as for the guys on bourbon, no muslim slapping down a prayer mat and facing mecca can compare with the guy that drags around a replica cross (no training wheels either).

The people i personally detest are the literalist, non-pragmatic, bible thumping, talking in tongues, morality legislating fucks that would watch people die wherever and say i told you so rather than pass out $0.50 pieces of plastic with the assumption that the uneducated masses will still lead their same lifestyle. That and to much coffee had me ticked this morning.
"Every year you get worse. More booze, more bullshit, more buttfucking"- Marcus (Bad Santa)
Tejas
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:49 pm

I remember Halloween 2000, I was down in Austin, and I saw Jesus.
Then I saw the Born Agains screaming at him that he was an idolater.
I never thought I'd see Jesus give someone the finger.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby RYP » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:52 pm

I have many friends who are born agains. I equate them to the many muslims I have met and don't knock their faith. They are very decent, family loving people. A lot of times they come from deep personal disaster and its the only crutch they have. I never argue religion with born agains just like I don't bother argueing religion with the taliban.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby BobEPeru » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:00 am

I'll misquote one of my favorite movies:
"It's not that I hate (them); I'm just a whole lot happier when they're not around."
BobEPeru

Postby yorick » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:12 am

[I never argue religion with born agains just like I don't bother argueing religion with the taliban.]

Brinkmanship, old boy.... that's what it takes for discussion of religion. It shouldnt take much to throw one helluva paradox at any religious fanatic.

Say jesus freaks are claiming they are the only ones who know the road to heaven. Ask them if they honestly believe that static heaven exists where nothing changes forever and ever, amen. Being perfection it certainly cannot be improved upon.

Then ask them if such is true, then how can inclusion of fresh christian souls NOT have an effect at altering whatever static heaven they can visualize. And if dying and going to heaven does not somehow improve the place, then what's the point?

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:20 am

They need to realise, that without that whole God-given free will thing,
They wouldn't have anything to be pissy about.
So they should lay off.
Otherwise the world might conform just to shut them up.
Then they wouldn't have anything to bitch about.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby patriot » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 am

As Dim duely noted, I dislike anyone who tries to push their belief system onto me. That's why religion and government have no place together...the government is made to adapt to the needs of society, whereas religion is set in stone, but I guess some people don't understand that concept.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Yup

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:53 am

patriot wrote:As Dim duely noted, I dislike anyone who tries to push their belief system onto me.

Does that mean you will stop pushing that conspiracy shit onto us and insulting anyone who disagrees?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Settle » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:01 pm

i am a born again christian and as much you hate my faith for my so called intolerance you prove the fact that you lack the ability to see truth.
1 Peter 4:14
If you are insulter because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the spirit of the glory of God rests on you.
Don't Tread on Me
The Settle
BFCus Regularus

If ..

Postby Bronco » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:28 pm

If someone is Born Again, shoudn't they have to die at least once, first?

Try asking about missionaries, too. I think Missionaries should be considered part of the food supply.
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Re: If ..

Postby The Settle » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:47 pm

Bronco wrote:If someone is Born Again, shoudn't they have to die at least once, first?

Try asking about missionaries, too. I think Missionaries should be considered part of the food supply.

excuse me sir but i am a missionary. i will be in zimbabwe next week for two weeks helping to serve the aids orphans
Don't Tread on Me
The Settle
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:15 pm

One of my favorite part's of the larry flynt interview that was posted a few days ago had to do with his short conversion to born again christianity (or penetcostal, whatever it's called)

He spoke about speaking in tongues and hearing Jesus. Of course, he followed that up with a trip to a shrink a few months later......
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:28 pm

I see we have some posters who are the slaves of their own bigotry. A lot of hatred toward those who are simply trying to spread the good news.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe