Awful beer.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Awful beer.

Postby Caliban » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:05 pm

On a much lighter note. I have just spent a pleasant afternoon in one of the best real ale pubs in the northwest, drinking great beer and watching a rather indifferent game of Rugby between England and Italy followed by a fantastic nail biter game between Ireland and France. In between, enjoying a fantastic double burger of wild boar and buffalo.

Satisfaction overload.

Obliged.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby nowonmai » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Caliban wrote:On a much lighter note. I have just spent a pleasant afternoon in one of the best real ale pubs in the northwest, drinking great beer and watching a rather indifferent game of Rugby between England and Italy followed by a fantastic nail biter game between Ireland and France. In between, enjoying a fantastic double burger of wild boar and buffalo.

Satisfaction overload.

Obliged.

What were the scallies doing while all the bizzies were down the alehouse? Crap game, Andy Goode looks like a car salesman. That's as technical as I get about rugby.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby bajacalal » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 am

Greggy_N wrote:FYI, the chelada style...thank Mexico...I first encountered this concoction when I moved to the border. Down here it is called a Michelada (sp?). I tried to like it...no luck yet...

It gets worse... Down in the southern end of the Baja California peninsula (maybe in Sinaloa too,I can't remember) there are little places that sell "Vasos Locos" which is the complete mixture of all the condiments you can find inside the door of your refrigerator plus a couple cans of the cheapest beer available. I'm not kidding about the condiments I have seen people add soy sauce and worcestershire sauce but chile sauce, tamarind pulp, salted plums, salt, lime, clam juice, ice and tomato juice come standard. Put that in a big, tall styrofoam cup like they use for smoothies in the U.S. Top it off with chile powder and mix it with a special straw thats coated with this sweet-sour-spicy paste. The foam cup plus all the crap in it somehow makes it more acceptable to carry while walking or driving around and drinking 2 beers for breakfast. Why the local youths in La Paz all seem to swoon over this beverage is a mystery to me since it has to be the most stomach turning concoction ever.
bajacalal

Postby OneLungMcClung » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 am

bajacalal wrote:
Greggy_N wrote:FYI, the chelada style...thank Mexico...I first encountered this concoction when I moved to the border. Down here it is called a Michelada (sp?). I tried to like it...no luck yet...

It gets worse... Down in the southern end of the Baja California peninsula (maybe in Sinaloa too,I can't remember) there are little places that sell "Vasos Locos" which is the complete mixture of all the condiments you can find inside the door of your refrigerator plus a couple cans of the cheapest beer available. I'm not kidding about the condiments I have seen people add soy sauce and worcestershire sauce but chile sauce, tamarind pulp, salted plums, salt, lime, clam juice, ice and tomato juice come standard. Put that in a big, tall styrofoam cup like they use for smoothies in the U.S. Top it off with chile powder and mix it with a special straw thats coated with this sweet-sour-spicy paste. The foam cup plus all the crap in it somehow makes it more acceptable to carry while walking or driving around and drinking 2 beers for breakfast. Why the local youths in La Paz all seem to swoon over this beverage is a mystery to me since it has to be the most stomach turning concoction ever.

Ay, que la chingada!! I've had these before. Salt overload. Myy intestines filed for a divorce afterwords, and the toilet seat thought we were newly married!
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby z911hyper » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Caliban wrote:On a much lighter note. I have just spent a pleasant afternoon in one of the best real ale pubs in the northwest, drinking great beer and watching a rather indifferent game of Rugby between England and Italy followed by a fantastic nail biter game between Ireland and France. In between, enjoying a fantastic double burger of wild boar and buffalo.

Satisfaction overload.

Obliged.

and on that note i'll be sitting in class hungry and thirsty for the next hour
She speaks Italian, She speaks French, and I can't even speak good English
z911hyper
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fansy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:37 am

most beer tastes like horse shit after a bowl or two.
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby z911hyper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:50 am

Fansy wrote:most beer tastes like horse shit after a bowl or two.

seconded
She speaks Italian, She speaks French, and I can't even speak good English
z911hyper
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:18 am

z911hyper wrote:
Fansy wrote:most beer tastes like horse shit after a bowl or two.

seconded

You boys obviously don't like beer enough.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 pm

When you say bowl do you mean a pipe full? I like smokin a bowl whilst haven a few beers.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Are you guys talking about smoking marijuana? Isn't that against the law?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Are you guys talking about smoking marijuana? Isn't that against the law?

Only if you get caught.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:58 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:Are you guys talking about smoking marijuana? Isn't that against the law?

Only if you get caught.

100% Mr.Shaw.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:40 pm

No, my mom says it's really bad and that if you smoke marijuana cigarettes, you'll be addicted to crack cocaine almost immediately. I guess they're really similar or something.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Chimborazo wrote:No, my mom says it's really bad and that if you smoke marijuana cigarettes, you'll be addicted to crack cocaine almost immediately. I guess they're really similar or something.

I'm afraid your has been misinformed, pot-marijuana leads to heroin addiction.
Oxycontin leads to Republicanism.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby OneLungMcClung » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 pm

coldharvest wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:No, my mom says it's really bad and that if you smoke marijuana cigarettes, you'll be addicted to crack cocaine almost immediately. I guess they're really similar or something.

I'm afraid your has been misinformed, pot-marijuana leads to heroin addiction.
Oxycontin leads to Republicanism.

Neoconism, actually. There are no more Republicans; all extinct in the Great Selling of America of the 1980's and 90's.
Money Talks...
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe