USA:The future of the pre-emptive doctrine

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Will the USA resort to pre-emptive attack again?

No
23%
Yes
77%

Total votes : 13

USA:The future of the pre-emptive doctrine

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:38 pm

I believe America has learned a vital lesson after getting its ass kicked in Iraq and getting it handed back to them. So you got Saddam..so what.

Now America realizes it needs allies and it cannot dictate to the rest of the world.

There will be no more pre-emptive idiocy coming from America.
Sri Lanky

Postby patriot » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:06 am

Shut up.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Hey asshole

Postby Ciarrai » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:15 am

Sri Lanky,

Shut the fuck up!
Ciarrai
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:27 am

Yeah I would hardly say Lanky that the USA got its "ass kicked and handed back to them"....I mean, we may not be neccessarily winning the war on Terror with leaps and bounds but we are hardly getting our asses kicked either. Unless I have been on another planet and we have had terror attacks since 9-11 that I have not heard about. The Anthrax thing does not count because we still dont know whether that was from foriegn entities or from some wacked out weirdo right here at home....either of which is entirely possible.
If George W. Bush stays in office I would say the chances of our staging another preemptive attack is highly likely. Not because he would be right by any stretch, but more because the guy is a cowboy who is going to do whatever he wants to do, no matter how popular or unpopular it makes him. That is why, anyone who thinks that if he is reelected that he won't institute a draft, is being a bit naive in my opinion. I think that being reelected is just what he is waiting for before he signs a draft resolution (probably already drafted and sitting on his desk just waiting for November to happen).
As for my guess of who he may decide to unilaterally invade...well, that is a toss up. My guess is it will be some other country with a shit army just like Saddam's....maybe somewhere like Syria or something like that.
Personally, I am just preparing to ride out the next four years of a Bush presidency...preferrably in a bomb shelter...that is just a toungue in cheek comment of course...I may not have to stay in the bomb shelter the WHOLE four years!
Cheers,
Dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby rolandtheheadless » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:50 pm

You may be right, let me ask some people here.
Excuse me Mr polish/english/estonian,korean/aussie/dominican/canadian/
or the 43 other countries militaries represented here.
Having the UN participate at their convienance does not make it multilateral.
Not having Libya or china or some other country deem the fight worthy of their time does not disappoint me
Through sixty-six and seven they fought the Congo war
Fingers on their triggers, knee-deep in gore
For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees
They killed to earn their living and to help out the Congolese
rolandtheheadless

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:12 pm

OK,one question though.

Why do Americans follow their leaders blindly and get sucked into suicidal missions like Iraq?
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:02 pm

Americans live in an authoritarian state and don't even know it...at least the North Koreans are smart enough to know that they live in one......ahahahahaha
Sri Lanky

Postby Piggs » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Sri Lanky wrote:Americans live in an authoritarian state and don't even know it...at least the North Koreans are smart enough to know that they live in one......ahahahahaha

I know this doctor that could help you...His name is Dr Jack Kevorkian.

ImageImage
Piggs
BFCus Regularus

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:09 pm

I hear what sounds like ignorant rhectoric of in the distance.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:27 am

In 'free' America,your government burns you.
Sri Lanky

Sri Lanky

Postby DawnC71 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:30 am

That maya be true, but as long as you stop blaming "us Americans" for all the world's ills then you are cool with me.....You can blame the government all you want if it makes you feel better, but dont act like we are all monkeys following blindly after George W., John Kerry, or any of the other Pied Pipers. Some of us are, but not all of us.
Cheers,
Dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:32 am

Way too many of you are.
Sri Lanky

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:32 am

Texas Carnie Roadshow's Informal Forum Rulebook wrote:Texas Carnie Roadshow's Informal Forum rule #279
Everytime Sri Lanky posts, it should be followed by someone saying
"Oh Sri, hahahaha..."

Oh Sri, hahahaha...
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby britneyfan97 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:24 pm

oh sri, hahahaha
Proud of being first in the schools history to set a Government vehicle ablaze at Army Military Police Special Tactics Training Center.
britneyfan97
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:28 pm

Oh Sri..hahahahahahahahahahahaha
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe