Electric Cars: The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Electric Cars: The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan

Postby denise » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 am

928 anyone?
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:51 pm

I met Elon's brother Kimbal Musk a bit ago and after he got done blabbing about how they were illegal immigrants having overstayed their student visas, living on Jack-in-the-Box everyday, while creating PayPal...he went on to talk about Tesla. He said the growth depends entirely on their ability to produce batteries.

Looks like their solution is the Gigafactory under construction in NV...."With a planned production rate of 500,000 cars per year in the latter half of this decade, Tesla alone will require today’s entire worldwide production of lithium ion batteries."
https://www.teslamotors.com/gigafactory

"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 pm

The Turd Polisher wrote:I met Elon's brother Kimbal Musk a bit ago and after he got done blabbing about how they were illegal immigrants having overstayed their student visas, living on Jack-in-the-Box everyday, while creating PayPal...he went on to talk about Tesla. He said the growth depends entirely on their ability to produce batteries.

Looks like their solution is the Gigafactory under construction in NV...."With a planned production rate of 500,000 cars per year in the latter half of this decade, Tesla alone will require today’s entire worldwide production of lithium ion batteries."
https://www.teslamotors.com/gigafactory

Elon Musk was an illegal? And now he's every pseudo-intellectual conservative's celebrity mancrush? I need to google this before I throw it my my Trump-voting relatives' faces.....

Ummmm.... http://www.snopes.com/elon-musk-illegal-immigrant/

Well, I still might throw it in their faces, for fun, when I'm drunk. Because Trump voters tend to get hilarious when you hold a lighter too close to their straw men.
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby ROB » Sat May 14, 2016 12:53 am

Those kind of arguments are irritating from either side.

Don't tell me anecdotes. Show me stats.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 pm

ROB wrote:Those kind of arguments are irritating from either side.

Statistics proving illegal immigrants benefit or hurt the USA? Dude, you can find so many statistics supporting both sides of that argument. T

he USA is what, 15% foreign born, 14% legal and 1% illegal, and is home to 20% of the total immigrants in the world. (Not including refugees.) We are by far the most immigrant-friendly country in the world. Are we doing as well as the least immigrant-friendly developed countries, Iceland, Japan, and Switzerland? Maybe, yes, and no, respectively.

That's pretty much how all the statistical arguments proceed on this particular issue. So why even try? My first job was for a Chinese-born boss who came legally, my fourth for a Lebanese-Guatemalan boss who came semi-legally, my first real writing job for a Mexican-American who came here 100% illegally. So I know where I would be, anecdotally, without illegal immigration, and that's unemployed

So I'm not concerned with statistics. I'm just trying to troll Trump voters now, for lulz, because it's not going to be nearly as fun after he wins.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Douchebag » Tue May 17, 2016 6:05 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
ROB wrote:Those kind of arguments are irritating from either side.

it's not going to be nearly as fun after he wins.

Its going to be fun watching your libtards stewing in your juices. Ha,hahaha,hahahahahahah!!!!
The end of libtardism is nigh!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed May 18, 2016 12:52 am

friendlyskies wrote:So why even try?

Because now you're part of the problem.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Wed May 18, 2016 9:29 pm

ROB wrote:

Lots of people are part of the problem, but I doubt much hinges on me declining to drag out the same stats you've already read scores of times - illegal immigrants have lower crime rates, pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits, save more, invest more in their children's education, etc etc etc etc etc, than people born here. Besides, this isn't Eurasia, it's the Americas, we've got more breathing room, and more cultural similarities, than the Old World. We can handle it.

On a related note, this is a pretty good speech, if you've got 17 minutes and can stand Angelina Jolie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0TkvwIxI8[/youtube]

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby Douchebag » Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
ROB wrote:

illegal immigrants have lower crime rates

Yeah, yeah. You have euthanasia. Let me remind you of Colon. A 1000 women attacked. Remember now?
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 pm

friendlyskies wrote:
On a related note, this is a pretty good speech, if you've got 17 minutes and can stand Angelina Jolie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0TkvwIxI8[/youtube]

If I didn't know what to think I'd probably ask the daughter of an actor married to an actor who is an actor to explain the world to me. Otherwise I'd rather stick a fucking dildo in my eye repeatedly until I had earned my fuckwit badge. Angelina Jolie-Pitt, and all her ilk can piss up a fucking rope. Fuck them and the limos they rode in on. Cunts.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 am

friendlyskies wrote:but I doubt much hinges on me declining to drag out the same stats you've already read scores of times

Wait. We're honestly at a point where you're legitimately trying to defend mud slinging against rationality?

Honestly?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu May 19, 2016 7:17 am

WTF? Which fool broke into my house and released a djinn? I love Angelina and take it all back. Have donated £50 to the swear box (Save the Children in this case).
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Thu May 19, 2016 1:54 pm

I have a mate who guarded the Pitt family for a couple of years. She's a fucking window licker that woman, honestly, and he's seen them all

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Glassgost » Sun May 22, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm no environmental scientist, or automotive engineer. All I know about Teslas is that the roadsters are fun and weird to drive. Not as fast as some other cars I've borrowed, but the I can see why so many people like them. The oddest thing about it is that it has no gearbox like we are used too. No momentary gap in acceleration as gears change, it just keeps going. Very cool but very distracting.
Glassgost

Postby Douchebag » Mon May 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Glassgost wrote:I'm no environmental scientist, or automotive engineer. All I know about Teslas is that the roadsters are fun and weird to drive. Not as fast as some other cars I've borrowed, but the I can see why so many people like them. The oddest thing about it is that it has no gearbox like we are used too. No momentary gap in acceleration as gears change, it just keeps going. Very cool but very distracting.

PATOUULI stinking hippy cars! A product of the liberal tyranny that brought you the Lada, another commie car.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe