Pat Buchannon: BYE-BYE, USA

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby RYP » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:52 pm

The Guats and Sals make the Mexicans seem domestic. The Mexicans hate em. They don't work as hard either. Tell you want you want to hear and vanish. Maybe if Pat could change his venom towards hating on Centros then the Mexicans would vote for him!
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Pat Buchannon: BYE-BYE, USA

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:21 am

So have things gotten any better in 2 years?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 am

This was written before we bailed out every failed business (except Lehman and Bear Stearns) and are still involved in the stupid wars abroad as we were under Bush ...so I would say it got worse.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ktrout » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:26 am

On the subject of migration, I kind of wonder if opening up the border wouldn't be better. Let them come and go. If crossing wasn't so risky the centros wouldn't be so tempted to stay, which would make the Pat Buchanans happy. Plus they would be on the up and up so they could demand better wages and working conditions, putting American citizens on more solid ground too.
There'd be lots of winners. The losers would be sweat shop proprietors and other consumers of slave labor.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:47 am

Nation states are more or less over and the rise of the Global Economic Blocs is already happening.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Re:

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Wayne wrote:Though I don't agree with Pat on the abortion argument, I'd still write his name in. A Buchanan Presidency would not be dull.

(Holds hands over ears in preparation of the inevitable lambasting that is to follow this post...)

Bronco wrote:I'm not at all sure I would want to live in the ideal country envisioned by Buchanan.

The America that Pat envisions is fucking awesome, but you fake-tit lovin', tattoo-worshiping, latte-drinking, wacky weed-smoking, HBO Real Sex-watching homos wouldn't know what to do with yourselves in that America:

Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby Devlin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 pm

I know that in the last two years or so a good number of immigrants have packed up and gone home. The lines at the check cashing, send money home bodega on Friday are not as long.

We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan, friends of mine who did their time there now feel that it was a waste of their time and the lives of good people. Most thought different two years ago.

We print money like it is water, someone will have to pay the fiddler one of these days.

If this country is going to crash and burn it will be one hell of a ride and I plan on being in the front row. It will be the only place for the greatest show in the history of the world.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Some Dominicans are taking off as well....But it is the lazy ones that are leaving. They figure (correctly) it is better to be poor with their family in the sunny, lazy-friendly DR than to be be poor in cold New York.

The folks that are staying are combining households with other families. They don't seem to get aid like welfare and housing so much as they do Food Stamps (now a little credit card) and they somehow manage to get free medical care and even eye surgery using techniques and loopholes I can barely comprehend.

Apparently Western Union is doing much more business sending money from the DR to New York now. Their investments in frugal relatives back home is paying off.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Penta » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Remittances TO New York from Latin America? How the world turns.
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Penta wrote:Remittances TO New York from Latin America? How the world turns.

But it also stays the same since much of the money they make seems to be from ripping off their countrymen. My housecleaner, who has lived here for almost 30 years, speaks English (some people live for for 30 years and do not speak English) and even has a degree of some kind still does not want to work in any non-Dominican area. I am the only employer she has that actually pays her and does not try to coerce her into prostitution.

---fucking macs...I posted this somehow by hitting the wrong keys----

edit

Anyway, so last week I had a long talk with her that boiled down to this:

"Work for Americans. We pay you for the work you do without pimping you out in some "coat check" scheme."

So I have had to explain some "White" things to her to help her get employed by other folks. So first is an introduction to craigslist and the gigs section. Then an explanation of how we use washcloths on our body and not as a vehicle for Ajax cleanser (which is a fine exfolient) and glass beer mugs are for drinking , do not fill them with pens, pencils and spare change. Use "Pine Sol" or Murphy's Oil Soap and not "Fabuloso". Fabuloso gives white people horrible headaches.

I also had to explain mystery appiances like woks, nutmeg graters and re-usable coffee filters to her and of course not to use a mop soaked with Fabuloso on wool rugs.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Penta » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Kurt wrote:My housecleaner, who has lived here for almost 30 years, speaks English (some people live for for 30 years and do not speak English) and even has a degree of some kind still does not want to work in any non-Dominican area.

What's this? Can it be true that where multiculturalism is not the guiding policy there are people who don't speak English after 30 years and don't wish to move out of their geographical cultural comfort area? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you. ;)
Shes never interfered with me. I have no complaints about her.
Same here.
Mega ditto.
I met her once and I found her to be a nice lady. Not kookey in any way.
Penta has always been gracious, kind and very sane in all my interactions with her.
Penta
Ruby Tuesday

Postby Jäeger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm

kurt:
I am the only employer she has that actually pays her and does not try to coerce her into prostitution.

Fag.

:)
Jäeger
In Last Chance Saloon

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 pm

This photograph really takes me to my happy place.

"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby WillyBlues » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:30 pm

some crazy looking wooden plugs and spoons there
"All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something that isn't even visible."
WillyBlues
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Chimborazo wrote:This photograph really takes me to my happy place.

Me too. I have some of those lures I inherited from my grandfather.

Heddon rocked.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe