Who are the most despised people in the world today?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Who among these people are the most hated on Earth?

Arabs
10%
Muslims
19%
Americans
58%
The French
13%

Total votes : 31

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:23 pm

I think 6 or 7 of them were hanged and 1 or 2 were pressed to death. Also they werent all women.
Stan- "These nerds are a threat to our way of life Betty."
Betty- "If they win the homecoming carnival they can take over the greek council."
Stan- "Yeah, then we'll be up to our necks in nerd shit!"
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:33 pm

Please refrain from using the most general term you can when refering to Americans. I refering to the word "they." Not all of us are "they."
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby nick » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:23 am

I'm not hungry anymore, in fact, I'm a bit stuffed, now I'm just thirsty.
nick
Baron Samedi

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:04 am

I vote French. And not only the French, but French Canadians, and anyone who feels the need to correct you, and toss is the phrase "It's French," when you accidentally mispronounce their name.
Correcting is one thing, but who cares about your ethnicity?
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:25 am

Sri Lanky wrote:Vive la France!...They,of all European nations,have greatest empathy and understanding of Islam cultures. They are a wonderful ally.

Bush--NON!

You are kidding right? Tongue firmly planted in cheek right?
Paris contains the worst Muslim ghettos in all of Europe ..... has disallowed Muslim (specifically) freedom of expression ...... The Veil ..... regards with disdain and contempt their own citizens of the Islamic persuasion. Just wait, it'll explode one day and we'll see how nice the French are (human after all)
refer to Battle of Algiers.
But I know you had to be kidding anyway. The French and empathy/understanding don't belong in the same sentence.
Generally speaking of course.
A dangerous way to view the world.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:03 am

Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt there a big Muslim massacre on the streets of France just 25 years ago? Something like 200-300 Muslims (mostly) executed by police and bodies dumped over the bridges of Paris?
Betty- "If they win the homecoming carnival they can take over the greek council."
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:09 am

Oui.. heres a little something about it. http://www.oneworld.net/external/?url=h ... 11018.html
Dutchy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:26 am

seektravelinfo wrote: Paris contains the worst Muslim ghettos in all of Europe...
has disallowed Muslim (specifically) freedom of expression... The Veil... regards with disdain and contempt their own citizens of the Islamic persuasion.

dear seek(s?)travelinfo:
most banlieues sure aren't holiday resorts, but I think it's mostly about poor folks living there and the gov not spending any money in years to improve the situation. Economy not religion is the crux.
Banning of obvious religious symbols only applies to public places (state schools and such) and doesn't target hijab only. Yewish "hats" and big crucifixes aren't allowed either. Muslim girls were most obvious demonstrators, coached in from all over France and not so numerous. Couple of hundreds.

Dutchy: number of people killed / thrown in the Seine will remain unknown, but remember: it was during the independence struggle for Algeria.
Nationalism, religion, etc are all factors to be considered in that era. Those victims weren't killed because they were Muslims, but because they wanted the French state to give up one of their final colonies...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Renard » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:08 pm

seektravelinfo wrote: The French and empathy/understanding don't belong in the same sentence.
Generally speaking of course.
A dangerous way to view the world.

I guess when they gave you guys the statue of liberty, they were just being sarcastic then.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Postby Renard » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:14 pm

Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:I vote French. And not only the French, but French Canadians, and anyone who feels the need to correct you, and toss is the phrase "It's French," when you accidentally mispronounce their name.

I'm assuming your sexual advances on a French Canadian tart were spurned?
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Postby blaster » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Why aren’t the Jews on the list..i’m sure they r up there at the moment...
blaster

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:59 pm

Renard wrote:
Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:I vote French. And not only the French, but French Canadians, and anyone who feels the need to correct you, and toss is the phrase "It's French," when you accidentally mispronounce their name.

I'm assuming your sexual advances on a French Canadian tart were spurned?

No, my foriegn advances go towards the Russians.
There was this guy in my basic training. He was one of the two "those guys" (meaning the ones that fuck up everything), and if anyone would mispronounce the name Lamance (La-man-se), he would then correct them, and say, "it's French."
My goal, for my last day in the army, was to wear a name tag that read "Slapass." And everytime they would call me slapass, I would correct them with, "No, the name is Sla-pahss. It's French." I would have had a lot of fun doing that, while showing my general disdain with the army, by mocking it every way I could think of.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:46 pm

patriot--does this poll lie?
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:46 am

patriot insists that I am a hatemonger. According to this poll I am not the only one.

You still have not commented on this poll,patriot.

In your beloved de[mock]racy,doesn't the majority rule?...ahahahahah

The majority hates America,patriot.
Sri Lanky

Postby Marco_Benoit » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:56 am

RYP or Kurt, I thought people who contribute nothing but threads that lead to flame wars, were to be expelled from the friendly confines of the BFC? Doesn't Sri Lanky merit such action?
Marco_Benoit
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe