Omar Khadr

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby RYP » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:59 pm

The only difference between child soldiers and adult soldiers is that you have lead them a little less and aim lower...

but with young minds turned to criminality there has always been a western concept that a child killing or wanting to kill can be reformed easier or that there is undue adult influence in turning him into a criminal.

My opinion (based on demobbed soldiers both kiddies and adults) is that all combatants can quickly revert to normal productive lives if the correct economic and social systems are in place. And more importantly as soon as "al qaeda" is branded a cult instead of a terrorist group...the sooner we are off to understanding and defeating "it"
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby coldharvest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:07 pm

The kid is lucky to be in Guantanamo, considering the alternative.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby RYP » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Yes when he is the manager of a 7/11 he will ask himself.. Vut de fuck vus I tinkin??

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Omar Khadr

Postby The Turd Polisher » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 am

RYP wrote:Yes when he is the manager of a 7/11.....

looks like Omar might be owning the 7/11.....

Khadr to get apology, compensation over $10M as lawsuit settled
Khadr’s lawyers had argued in the case that Canada violated international law by not protecting its own citizen and conspiring with the U.S. in its abuse of Khadr.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... ttled.html

but he may have the widow Mrs. Speer as a partner....
Ex-Gitmo Prisoner Sued for Millions by the Widow of the Soldier He Was Convicted of Killing
http://time.com/4844722/widow-guantanamo-prisoner-sued/
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Re: Omar Khadr

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:37 am

Up here judges like to be Robin Hood against the big bad government, therefore governments tend to lose court challenges. I'm guessing the gov't lawyers were saying, with 3 Supreme Court challenges favouring Khadr, they couldn't win, so they better cut their losses and settle. The Libs figure the whole Khadr mess is the Conservative's fault, as they ignore the court decisions, took the bait.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe