NRA Convention Louisville May 16 - 20

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

NRA Convention Louisville May 16 - 20

Postby yorick » Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 am

Anybody else planning to attend this event next week? I will cover it and return with news of gunlaw changes and trends to this thread thats important for us to know.

flipflop wrote:As the index page subtitle suggests - this forum is a non-political discussion platform for Black Flaggers interested in guns and weapons, any attempt at politicising the forum with debate about gun laws and moral issues surrounding gun use will be addressed by the moderators

Please feel free to post your views on the rights and wrongs of weapons and their usage on the main or opinions forum

Thank you and happy shooting

flipflop

Dont worry Flipflop, nothin political - just the facts covering USA National Rifle Association Convention and the buzz behind whats billed as the largest and oldest pro-gun lobbying group in free world.

Meanwhile if anybody from the forum nearby plans to attend, lemme know and we can tip a few beers.

(:=
Last edited by yorick on Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby yorick » Sun May 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Big deal is USSupreme Court hearing the case of D.C. v Heller.... previously decided at Appeals Crt level that Washington's ridiculous firearms laws oughta be thrown out.

Otherwise strikes me that hosting the 137th annual NRA Convention's been widely viewed as a chore among locals here. It's like how d'ye tell somebody who's been shooting since age 12 that he needs the NRA at all?

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby soulohio » Mon May 19, 2008 12:38 am

so how was it? my vietnam buddy went...said it was OK...lots literatoor...NRA i s hella political involved.
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am

Actually far as gun-shows went it stunk havin no firearms and ammo for sale that could be brandished Chuck Heston style at the event itself. Instaed it was buncha exhibitors peddling everything from elephant hair bracelets to pocket knives. And the problem with first time merchants visiting Ky is they've got no clue that west and east coast prices just dont fly here. Practically all of their shit was overpriced by local standards even after NRA discounts they provided except for the usual freebie notepads, ballpoint pens and papercut/letter openers dsiplayin their company logo. Otherwise yeah sure, I'm dyin to go on high dollar Africa Safari next month.

BTW, major political fuck-up on the part of NRA insulting their hosts: First NRA says haint gonna endorse any prez candidate until after primaries are over, and Dem primaries happen here on Tuesday in the same building. Then they let Don Mclain step up to the microphone amounting to NRA political endorsement in itself. WTF??? Dumb cunt NRA president coulda pulled it off if Hill and Barck showed up too. Otherwise looks like NRA's caught in a lie or worst implyin heavily democrat populated KY primaries dont mean shit - bye, bye miss american pie.

Meanwhile what d'yall fuckin know - McClain's already said that as prez he will NOT back down at pushin legislation that requires mandatory background checks for ALL gunshow attendees whether they're packin, buyin or not. Duhhh, kinda sounds like stepping all over USConstitutional Rite to Free Assembly says me. NRA fought him on this back in 2001 knowin that legitimate gunshow merchants already are starving for business and dont need anymore bullshit gettin in the way. Now it appears NRA's not only tellin lies and endorsing repub candidate but soft-soaping their former position too.

Didnt bother stickin around for Ted Nugent exiled to final day's event after most folks already gone home. Anybody honestly care what rock'n roller leavin guitar at home has to say anyhow? Y'all oughta visit his forum sometime, bit of a pit - about what y'all would expect. Am registered there myself, enjoyed some rad/rightie conservative chat derigeur when delvin into MMProject coupla yrs ago reconnoitring it might help make me a better redneck donning cloak of the enemy.

Anyhow ther ye go, thats my complete report: sorry for brevity first time but ran outa time.

yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon May 19, 2008 9:17 pm

As the index page subtitle suggests - this forum is a non-political discussion platform for Black Flaggers interested in guns and weapons, any attempt at politicising the forum with debate about gun laws and moral issues surrounding gun use will be addressed by the moderators

Please feel free to post your views on the rights and wrongs of weapons and their usage on the main or opinions forum

flipflop
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Hitoru » Wed May 21, 2008 2:11 am

As the index page subtitle suggests - this forum is a non-political discussion platform for Black Flaggers interested in guns and weapons, any attempt at politicising the forum with debate about gun laws and moral issues surrounding gun use will be addressed by the moderators

19 D 20
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Return to Black Flag Cafe