Who are you voting for?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Who will lead them?

Kerry
27%
Bush
27%
Nader
3%
Badnarik
13%
Cobb
No votes
Peroutka
No votes
Not voting (Either because I'm apethetic or foreign)
20%
Undecided
10%

Total votes : 30

Who are you voting for?

Postby patriot » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:56 am

Who will you vote for in the upcoming election? I'm still undecided actually. Can't decide between Badnarik and Kerry. I like Badnarik way better than Kerry, but this is a truly important election. There hasn't been a President this disliked for some time, or stupid for that matter. But I'm most definitly voting for Barack Obama here in Illinois. Doesn't matter who he's running against, I'd vote for him...except maybe McCaine.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby haganah » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:25 am

I vote for RYP to finish his damned book. If he hadn't published the first five we wouldn't be voting on a BFC poll in the first place. Sorry Patriot, I'm a little off topic.
haganah

a

Postby Piggs » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:29 am

I will be voting for Bush. I personally think that Kerry is a Douchebag, and unfortunatly there is no viable third option. I am sad to say that the whole "lesser of two evils" thing is a big factor in this years elections.
ImageImage
Piggs
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:43 am

Its hard to tell right now...Going to wait til after the repubs get together in New York to decide...But probably I will be voting for the Libertarian candidate cuz I think both George W. Bush and John Kerry are pretty much Douchebags.
Who is the Libertarian candidate anyways....This is my first time to "protest vote".
Cheers,
Dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:50 am

Michael Badnarik. Check out his site...

http://www.badnarik.org/
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:55 am

Hey thanks Patriot....ltos of good information on that site..Now I know more about the Libertarians....and LIKE them more too:)
'ppreciate it dude.
Aloha,
Dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:48 am

Holy fuck,nobody has a more warped sense of reality than an American. All you fuckers do is dream about freedom and wealth. There are a huge series of interlocking myths to cover up American barbarity. The reality of your nation is genocide,theft,and corruption. You use the Earth as your own personal possession. Libertarianism,BAH!
Sri Lanky

Postby goat balls » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:51 pm

Comrade Kommisar,
When do the purges begin?

The operational plan that the Party envisions Comrade Kerry will implement, begins January 20th, 2005. In the works is a detailed plan for the post-Revolution America, including immediate rouding up of all counter-Revolutionaries and the enemies of the people. In that respect, it would be wise to note that joining the Party now rather than later may spare one an extended trip to a far away northern land.

Yours,
The Kommissar
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Renard » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:51 pm

goat balls wrote:Comrade Kommisar,
When do the purges begin?

The operational plan that the Party envisions Comrade Kerry will implement, begins January 20th, 2005. In the works is a detailed plan for the post-Revolution America, including immediate rouding up of all counter-Revolutionaries and the enemies of the people. In that respect, it would be wise to note that joining the Party now rather than later may spare one an extended trip to a far away northern land.

Yours,
The Kommissar

I'm surprised the Bush team hasn't run with something like this yet. Their whole "Swiftboat veterans for truth" ad was very Manchurian candidate-esque, but I think the slam dunk would be if the painted John Kerry a brainwashed commie pinko sent from North Korea to destroy America. Plus, they wouldn't have that pesky Frank Sinatra muddling up their plans.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Postby Stag » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:37 pm

coldharvest wrote:I'm voting for Kodos.

...The executioner??
Stag

Sri,

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:04 pm

I honestly w3anna know if you think your extremely eternal fountain of Negativity and bashing of the American people is really:
A) Productive - Do you really think your attitude is going to endear anyone to YOUR political views?

B) Any of your Business - I mean after all you dont live in this country at all...so what do you care? Your distribution of simple, irrational and highly negative "ideas" do not really do anything to help after all. I dont see you changing too many minds here with your American Bashing.

The reason I say they are only "ideas" is because the things you say are sort of like scientific hypothesis in that they are not hardly corroborated by any substantial fact. After all, I dont think anyone has ever explained to you that you cannot listen to old re-runs of Radio Free USSR and expect to gain any valuable information about the mind of an american.
You are patronizing...and that is rarely the sign of any rational thought process.
Cheers,
Dawn
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Hey Goat, aren't you in flight school?

Postby Vincent » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:26 pm

Don't forget Article 88 of the UCMJ if Kerry should be elected....

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”
Vincent
BFCus Regularus

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:36 pm

I dont think John Kerry was "on Duty" when he spoke out against the war though...so it would make it a little hard to prosecute him. Plus, if we prosecuted him, then we would have to go back and prosecute ALOT of vets who spoke out against the war in Vietnam after they got back home.
Cheers,
Dawn
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:51 pm

Am apethetic and foreign.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:07 pm

Dawn--Living as a human being requires compromise. Americans do not compromise. You impose yourself on the world. The American attitude is "I'm here,don't fuck with me while I fuck you,and it's your problem."

Individual rights do NOT supercede the well-being of the community Dawn. This is why America is so fucked up. You have what amounts to constitutional selfishness and you have opportunistic individuals who are always claiming the higher moral ground based on bullshit. You yanks pursue your own selfish desires with no regard for the common good.
Sri Lanky

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe