The most unpleasant travellers?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Who are the most unpleasant travellers to meet on the road?

Americans
21%
Japanese
17%
Israelis
45%
British
7%
French
10%

Total votes : 29

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:43 pm

I should mention that I like all the Isrealis I know that actually live in NYC...it is just the ones that visit that suck.

But, the Isrealis that live here do not seem to be aware of their reputation or the reputation of their relatives visiting them.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby lonelymoon » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:45 pm

ok, here's a piece of truth that shows cliches are wrong and one should never generalize. My wife is dutch and she and I met on the Thorn Tree, TTYC (Your Choice branch) to be exact.
lonelymoon

Postby Land Rover » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:38 am

lonelymoon wrote:ok, here's a piece of truth that shows cliches are wrong and one should never generalize. My wife is dutch and she and I met on the Thorn Tree, TTYC (Your Choice branch) to be exact.

Dutch AND the Thorn Tree??? As the dutch say, "that is not possible"

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeehehehehheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahem.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

Postby sorcerer » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:15 pm

if i ever have to fly on american airlines again, the most unpleasant traveller will be me. i'm 6'10", thats why i want the exit door seat, moron
sorcerer

Postby haganah » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:50 pm

C'mon, the Israelis aren't that bad. What about the rude and smelley Palestinians? Their BO and rudeness is right up there with the French.
Really though, it seems when there is a group of any nationality they can be unpleasent. My vote is for the French. They're nasty even right after they get out of the shower.
haganah

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe