The American dream vs. the European dream.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Which do you prefer?

The American dream of individual fulfilment
52%
The European dream of community
19%
A blend of the two
29%

Total votes : 21

The American dream vs. the European dream.

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:12 pm

Which do you prefer?
Sri Lanky

Postby Buzzsaw » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:14 pm

Both Americans and Europeans share the dream of Wanky's eventual extinction.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:19 pm

Keep to the topic Buzzy. For instance,The EU is now the world's largest economy and as far as what constitutes a better way of life goes,Europe is surpassing America.

Of course Europe is no utopia,but what place is?
Sri Lanky

Postby Land Rover » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:24 pm

I want neither.
Land Rover
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:26 pm

Oh,let me guess Land Rover,you are an island unto yourself. Yeah,right.
Sri Lanky

Postby patriot » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:24 pm

Shut up Sri, you Canadian hate monger. You should be in jail!
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 am

Americans are used to thinking of their country as being the most successful on Earth. This is no longer the case,patriot.....ahahahahaha
Sri Lanky

Postby Verofilo » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:27 am

This is a bizarrely simplistic and false choice. Plus, the blend of the two choice is a craven appeal to the both sides.

There are times when I want to participate with the community, like when my nephew got lost and everybody suspected I had killed him. But then I led the whole community in a search for him. And sure thing, before the cops started interrogating me, we found the rascal hiding in Mrs. Cruppert shed.

But there are times when I want to do my own thing. Like when I killed those hitchhikers.

Yeah, a blend of the two.
Verofilo

Postby patriot » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:51 am

Americans are used to thinking of their country as being the most successful on Earth. This is no longer the case,patriot.....ahahahahaha

Try and take us down then. We'll see how successful you are...

By the way, how's the investigation into your hate crimes going?
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:29 am

As if a typically dumb yank like yourself,patriot, is interested in the welfare of anything.....ahahahahahah
Sri Lanky

Postby patriot » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:40 am

Sometimes when I think it's not possible for you to make any less sense, you manage to shock and amaze us all Wanky. Have the Mounties given you a visit yet? They always get their "man" you know...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby khalampre » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:18 am

I have never chimed in on a Lanky post, but there is a first time for everything. You sir are a dip shit! America is still the most successful on Earth. The fact is that the EU is made up of many countries, none of which could hold up the the US on its own. I would say that the EURO is stronger than the USD now, but lets wait and give them enough time to tie their hands around their balls.
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby Warpiglet » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:53 am

Wow.... I tried sending a long ass reply one time to him that I was foolishly hoping would make him think a little. Clearly -thought- is something that he is incapable of. Or perhaps he just thinks too deeply for all of us. Take this fine piece of writing as an example:

As if a typically dumb yank like yourself,patriot, is interested in the welfare of anything.....ahahahahahah

I have no doubt that there are some really deep and powerful metaphors there that I am simply incapable of understanding.
Warpiglet

Postby Sri Lanky » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:28 pm

The EU is a nation of nations,a community of communities.This is something an American couldn't possibly comprehend.
Sri Lanky

Postby Stiv » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:29 pm

Siamese dream?
Stiv
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe