European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby nailamoS » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 pm

Why just put the blame on few skinnies high on khat doing what's business as usual, THEY ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!

For years, Europeans and Asian countries have been taking advantage of the lawlessness in my country and dumping toxic waste off Somalia's coastlines and no one did anything about it. and let's not even mention the illegal fishing and robing of natural resources. All of a sudden these Europeans and Asians are now "concerned" and blaming warlords and pirates?? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! they were in hot bed with these wilddogs and warlords for years to further fock up and perpetuate the lawlessness so that they can continue their robbery and poisoning of our coastlines, and now when the beast they've managed to create and fatten up demands a cut of the pie, they scream bloody merry to the rest of the world.

As a Somali, i am not condoning the work of these vicious pirates, but i am not sorry and damn well enjoying the sweet irony that hypocrite countries like Saudi Arabia are getting a little taste of the poisonous concoction they've helped to create, both in the refusal of their so called "western" allies to intervene and rescue their ship, and how the very warlords they've supported have stabbed them in the back by hijacking their ship and demanding mad azz cash. this is how all that money they handed out to the TFG is paying them back
when the going gets tough, tough get rough
User avatar
nailamoS
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby Zero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Question for the BFC: Is it possible for any Somali naval entity to gain the authority to deny entry to somali waters to assorted types of ship?

ie: if somalis start hijacking fishing boats and cargo ships coming to dump poison in the water, claiming to be a 'coast guard', will the international community support this, or is the rape going to continue with the protection of the world's navies?
User avatar
Zero
Salva Nos
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: USA! USA! USA!

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby coldharvest » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:14 pm

nailamoS wrote:Why just put the blame on few skinnies high on khat doing what's business as usual, THEY ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!

For years, Europeans and Asian countries have been taking advantage of the lawlessness in my country and dumping toxic waste off Somalia's coastlines and no one did anything about it. and let's not even mention the illegal fishing and robing of natural resources. All of a sudden these Europeans and Asians are now "concerned" and blaming warlords and pirates?? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! they were in hot bed with these wilddogs and warlords for years to further fock up and perpetuate the lawlessness so that they can continue their robbery and poisoning of our coastlines, and now when the beast they've managed to create and fatten up demands a cut of the pie, they scream bloody merry to the rest of the world.

As a Somali, i am not condoning the work of these vicious pirates, but i am not sorry and damn well enjoying the sweet irony that hypocrite countries like Saudi Arabia are getting a little taste of the poisonous concoction they've helped to create, both in the refusal of their so called "western" allies to intervene and rescue their ship, and how the very warlords they've supported have stabbed them in the back by hijacking their ship and demanding mad azz cash. this is how all that money they handed out to the TFG is paying them back

100% correct
Crazier than a bag of fucking Angel Dust
User avatar
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman
 
Posts: 25408
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:36 am
Location: cold compound

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby nailamoS » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Zero wrote:
ie: if somalis start hijacking fishing boats and cargo ships coming to dump poison in the water, claiming to be a 'coast guard', will the international community support this, or is the rape going to continue with the protection of the world's navies?


LOL @ somali coast guard. i wish there was such a thing, in my lifetime that is, and i am quite young.

as for your question, i'd say the latter. sad but true.
when the going gets tough, tough get rough
User avatar
nailamoS
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby nowonmai » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm wid the skinny too.
friendlyskies:if you want to save the BFC you all will ban flipflop and nowonmai. They are a couple of manipulative psychopaths who...disrespect RYP, which undermines the whole board because he's the reason we're here. They're worthless assholes...
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby Woodsman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:07 pm

+1
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
User avatar
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7410
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Enchanted forests

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby realrescue3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:44 am

Well said.... looks like you`ve come to the right place nailamoS

the media has conveniently left out the cause and effect angle
of this story and has focused solely on the hijackings....
User avatar
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:31 pm
Location: Up Jefe`s Ass

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby Tarkan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:27 am

When did they get internet in Somalia?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
User avatar
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5311
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby Zero » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:30 am

Tarkan wrote:When did they get internet in Somalia?


Somalia is the most internet-connected and cellphone-covered country in Africa.

True story, it's a big source of shame for Ethiopia that the neighboring non-state has a better cell network than they do.
User avatar
Zero
Salva Nos
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: USA! USA! USA!

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby flipflop » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am

Zero wrote:
True story, it's a big source of shame for Ethiopia that the neighboring non-state has a better cell network than they do.


That's cast iron proof that an anarchistic "survival of the fittest" society easily beats a nanny state, I bet those boys are having a blast down Somalia way too

I heart Somalia

Cheers
When women can no longer depend on the State for protection and sustenance, they will have to depend on men, as they always have.
User avatar
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:11 am
Location: Arse Full Of Chips

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby nailamoS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Zero wrote:
True story, it's a big source of shame for Ethiopia that the neighboring non-state has a better cell network than they do.


I have an uncle who is still making daily living from nomadic lifestyle. herding goats, cattle and camels in the central region of Somalia. he is not fond of urbanized areas, but he has a cell phone connected to a network from a near by town. goat herding in the 21st century, buying and selling live stock via text message. :)
when the going gets tough, tough get rough
User avatar
nailamoS
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby dgold0101 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Yeah, i saw an article about that. it's helped the nomads and farmers not get ripped off by the middleman and merchants because they can quickly text info about prices. Even the tiniest, sand built villages in Northern Sudan also have a kiosk with cellphone cards. and pepsi/coke.
dgold0101
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: New York

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby Alessandro » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Problem is the will to keep Somali as one country, stupid idea. If Somaliland gained independence things would be much better for everyone but the Puntaland pirates.
To think before you type is like wiping your butt before you dump.
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: European Union

Re: European & Asian countries are the REAL pirates in Somalia

Postby 0verbyte » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:56 pm

regarding these tankers and freighters.

a family friend of mine spent over 20 years as a sailor, from the early 80's to 2002. according to him, the various ships he crewed on were armed. mostly small arms such as shotguns, rifles and light mgs. the ships that went to SE Asia would often-times have crew served MGs on them as well.

from what i have read the ships that the somali's have been capturing are unarmed, was my friend's experience unusual or is there some reason that these saudi ships are unarmed?
User avatar
0verbyte
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:48 pm


Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TurnitinBot [Bot] and 3 guests