Should profiling be Permitted?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Should profiling be allowed?

Always No
28%
yes, Sporatic and random
16%
Yes, Only Middle Easterners and Third-Worlders
16%
Yes, Only people from Muslim nations
No votes
Yes, only until "blue-eyed, blond" Muslims are identified as terrorist
12%
Yes, regardless
28%

Total votes : 25

Postby Yusuf » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:37 pm

patriot wrote:
the most fanatical and potentially murderous people I know are white Canadians

Care to explain that statement?

If I fear anyone is going to grab a gun/bomb and kill numerous people, it would be Brad, Jeff, or some other insane white Canadians.

When I say something that can be percieved as radical to my Muslim friends, be it about Palestine, Iraq, America or whatever, they always have a moderate response. The extremist Muslims are an extreme minority... and I don't know any of them.
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Postby Scratch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:55 pm

Mr. shining eye would you like to retract your statement????
Scratch

Postby Scratch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:04 pm

Yusuf,
So what types of people might Brad and Jeff decide to anninilate? What is it about their character that makes you think they might do such a horrible thing? Just curious... Cheers!
Scratch

Postby Scratch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:10 pm

Mr. shining eye would you like to retract your statement????
Scratch

Postby patriot » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:20 pm

Yusuf is just practicing the time-honored tradition of reverse-racism. And as for the terrorists running and hiding I don't think you know what you're talking about Whiner. You see, the terrorists who committed the 9/11 attacks were Saudi Arabian, Egyptian, and Pakistani. They operated out of Germany, France, and the United States. We're not chasing terrorists, we're creating new ones. So maybe the next time America is attacked (and I pray to God it isn't) it won't be a Saudi, a Pakistani, or an Egyptian, but it will be an Iraqi or an Afghani. You haven't got a clue Whiner. And if you like Israel so much, do us all a favor and move there permantly. Because America is called the Land of the Free for a reason.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:15 am

Yeah its too bad one slipped by, Retard. Those were innocent people who were living their lives, murdered by twisted individuals whose souls are consumed by hate. Is that what Islam does for you? You can have it and all the hatred it creates and festers.

Now if it were an Israeli Hellfire missile that missed its mark and hit a school full of Palestian children, it would be a whole different story, wouldn't it?
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:14 am

Wow, Whiner. You really put me in my place.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Re: yusuf

Postby Yusuf » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am

coldharvest wrote:WTF?
Where do you come up with the Brad & Jeff sceanario?
Insane, white Canadians?
What do you mean by that?
Insane how?
The last crazy fucker with a gun who threatened a person in Canada was of African descent, and he got whacked.
Please tell me about the last insane, white, Canadian bomber that you base your opinion on.
The FLQ were the last ones I know of.

Man... I am talking about people I know personally. Brad and Jeff are the names of two guys I know. Back in Grade 11, the school thought Brad would be another Eric Harris and shoot up the school.

And racial profiling is just retarded because we have people like John Walker Lindh and the hundreds of white Muslim extremists. I am a white Muslim, and I know many white Muslims... be they Albanian, Bosnian or converts.

And I know of many non-Muslim "terrorist" groups... the FARC being one of my favs... let's not forget all those nutjobs in Uganda or those nerve-gassers in Japan.

There is no accurate profile for a terrorist. Also, screening people in airports, be they elderly with children even, is neccessary because if I were a terrorist and I saw these people going through without searches... I'd hide my gun or some explosives in the person's bag.

Racial profiling doesn't work to stop terrorism. Shut up everybody.
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Postby Yusuf » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:35 am

patriot wrote:Yusuf is just practicing the time-honored tradition of reverse-racism. And as for the terrorists running and hiding I don't think you know what you're talking about Whiner. You see, the terrorists who committed the 9/11 attacks were Saudi Arabian, Egyptian, and Pakistani. They operated out of Germany, France, and the United States. We're not chasing terrorists, we're creating new ones. So maybe the next time America is attacked (and I pray to God it isn't) it won't be a Saudi, a Pakistani, or an Egyptian, but it will be an Iraqi or an Afghani. You haven't got a clue Whiner. And if you like Israel so much, do us all a favor and move there permantly. Because America is called the Land of the Free for a reason.

Nah... not reverse racism... I just only know white guys. My city is pure white with the odd Baha'i refugee or Cambodian. I know a couple Arabs... but they are really cautious about not being considered radical Muslims because they want people to keep coming to their shops. None of the Arabs I know live in my city.

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe