Should profiling be Permitted?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Should profiling be allowed?

Always No
28%
yes, Sporatic and random
16%
Yes, Only Middle Easterners and Third-Worlders
16%
Yes, Only people from Muslim nations
No votes
Yes, only until "blue-eyed, blond" Muslims are identified as terrorist
12%
Yes, regardless
28%

Total votes : 25

Postby Scratch » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:42 am

So you are telling me that Israel is now safe? HA!
Your Quote:
"What will it finally take for some people to pull their heads out of their asses and wake up? 30,000 dead innocent Americans?, 300,000? 3 million?"

Precisely, You answered your own question. The next question is who are "some people"? I hope you weren't referring to my friend the patriot... In my eyes "some people" are the same people who got us in this predicament to begin with. You know who i'm talking about... As far as I'm concerned 30,000 innocent iraqi's is too many. Don't you agree?
Cheers!
Scratch

Postby patriot » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:49 am

You seem like a smart guy Scratch so I'll be the one to tell you that debating with Whining Cry Baby is futile and accomplishes nothing. Never the less he will always manage to lure you in with his rabid hatred of all people who are not him, and his complete and utter ignorance. If you keep debating him it won't be long before he starts threatening your family and calling you nasty names, then subsuquently chickening out when someone calls him out...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Scratch » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:02 am

So you are telling me that Israel is now safe? HA!
Your Quote:
"What will it finally take for some people to pull their heads out of their asses and wake up? 30,000 dead innocent Americans?, 300,000? 3 million?"

Precisely, You answered your own question. The next question is who are "some people"? I hope you weren't referring to my friend the patriot... In my eyes "some people" are the same people who got us in this predicament to begin with. You know who i'm talking about... As far as I'm concerned 30,000 innocent iraqi's is too many. Don't you agree?
Cheers!
Scratch

Postby Shining Eye » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:07 am

Well Scratch, I will say, and did, that homicide-bombing dropped off to zero. As for agreeing with your little friend, "Patriot," you really can't take him serious. This is a new type of cowardly war that targets innocent civilians. These terrorist hate Americans and want to kill us. I can't think of any reason why anybody would want to find themselves on the same side of an argument with them. Its the equivalent of sympathizing with Japanese internee's after the Pearl Harbor sneak attack.

As for the Muslim terrorist, they have no intentions of stopping, no matter what action we take.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:23 am

How are we suppose to take you seriously when you're the one who thinks all Muslims are terrorists and that all Japanese internists were Kamikazis? You're just nuts...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:22 pm

"thinks all Muslims are terrorists and that all Japanese internists were Kamikazis?"

I don't recall posting that at all. But the Muslim terrorist are good at "jujitsu." They move around among non-violent Muslims. They exploit our nations religious freedoms and misuse charities for raising money for terrorism. They use mosques for illegal activities and hide in the Political Correctness sensativities and use it as a shield. And there is a lot of tacit approval in the Muslim world for them. Islam's goal is to impose their belief on the entire world. What you and other foolish misguided people propose is to react to terrorism, wait for it to happen and then blame the government for not doing anything to prevent it. It's better to trample on a few peoples rights to prevent mass casualities then to stand there waiting for it to happen.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:52 pm

Profiling just allows stupid government workers to harass Hindus instead of muslims, black Tamils instead of black Americans,

There is a reverse system of profiling which results in ten year old kids being searched and little old ladies. Which is fine. Terrorists can't deal with random concepts and machinery. Plenty of blonde, blue eye terrorists in the world by the way...
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby crotalus01 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:44 pm

Shining Eye wrote:They move around among non-violent Muslims.

WOW....thats the first time you have ever admitted that not all muslims are violent, do you realise that?
seriously, if you would stop lumping people into groups and labeling them as all bad, more people would listen to your point and not immediately be in a flame war....
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Shining Eye » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:38 am

crotalus01: I have never said all Muslims were terrorist, but there is varying degrees of support for al Qeada throughout the Muslim world. I understand there has been a sharp spike in the number of Muslim kids given the name Osama. Com'on, Muslims run the whole spectrum of believer like any other faith, from cafeteria Christians to Jews that go to synagouge once a year. From the abortion clinic-bombing fundamentalist Christians to the hard-core Isreali settlers. I advocate militarizing our borders like any other nation in the world and strictly scrutinizing who comes here until the danger passes. We have to close the loopsholes that are being used to prevent the further loss of innocent American lives.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

"Blue Eyed Blond Muslim Terrorists"

Postby Yusuf » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:22 am

I am a blue-eyed, blonde Muslim that was under surveillance and investigation for ties relating to terrorism. However, I can get in and out of America with ease (though I never attempted to do so during investigation, only after). Racial profiling doesn't work in cases of terrorism because the most fanatical and potentially murderous people I know are white Canadians. All my Arab friends are moderate in comparison.
'Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does evil to you, and speak the truth although it be against yourself.'

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Yusuf

Postby patriot » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:24 am

the most fanatical and potentially murderous people I know are white Canadians

Care to explain that statement?
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Medevac » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:59 pm

patriot wrote:
the most fanatical and potentially murderous people I know are white Canadians

Care to explain that statement?

Two words: Ice hockey.

G'day from the thriving metropolis of Dhaka... where floods and general strikes just add to the general joy of the place.
Duct tape is just like the Force - it has a light side and a dark side, and holds the Universe together.
Medevac
Peanuticus Gallerius

Postby nomad » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:33 am

profiling, weather you call it racial, religious or what i call just stereotyping is stupid, it undermines the freedom of americans of all races, religions, etc.. and produces more animosities, tension and hatred. by showing one bad guys face on tv that is supposed to be the stereotype
for an entire race of people from lots of regions around the world?

terrorism comes in many flavors, phsycologicly is far more serious than blowing something up, when a whole country is in a paranoid fever fearing each other we breakdown internally and the terrorists are laughing their asses off. mind games are much more fun! and thank the media for spreading this paranoia and freaking the shit out of ol suburban granny sue watching the news and probably now is scared of every middleastern person she sees! thats not a good way to unite a country only divide it.

this is for shinning eye Israel is a horrible example. its a scary thought living in a military state. but if it makes you feel better maybe you should build a wall around your house youll feel much safer!
nomad

Postby Shining Eye » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:36 am

"... terrorists are laughing their asses off.."

I doubt that there is much laughter when you're running for your life and living in caves, and spending the rest of your life looking over your shoulder.

The ends justifies the means: homicide bombing has dropped off to zero. That means you have a life to live, if you want to live it in fear or go about your business as usual.

Here's another comparion: If there is a buglary in your neighborhood, the police are going to look at all the previous known convicts--not the stor-owners, not the bankers, not the clergy, etc--its just common sense.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Renard » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 pm

Shining Eye wrote:The ends justifies the means: homicide bombing has dropped off to zero. That means you have a life to live, if you want to live it in fear or go about your business as usual.

Or maybe they just took the summer off.

JERUSALEM - Suicide bombers destroyed two buses in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba on Tuesday, an attack claimed by Hamas that killed as many as 15 people and wounded 44.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe