Who is America's real enemy?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Who is America's real enemy?

communist China
41%
Islam
24%
The EU
12%
France
12%
Russia
6%
KSA
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby Alessandro » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:23 am

The hunger for oil is Americas enemy #1, 12 million barrels need to be imported every day.
From countries like Venezuela, Colombia, Russia, Libya, Saudi-Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and so on.
Add LNG that US imports and you´ll see the real problem
more on http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/fac ... os/us.html
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:53 pm

How about the EU consuming nearly 20% of the worlds oil production? Is this the EU's worst enemy?
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alessandro » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:04 pm

SE, there´s 455,6 million inhabs in EU compared with 293 million in the US, so logically it would be bigger oil consumption in EU than US.
source www.cia.gov and do some maths, what is your source?
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:47 pm

http://www.eurolegal.org/yurp/euoilandgas.htm

What do you think fuels the world's largest economy at $11,000,000,000,000.00?

It might be fashionable or hip to bash the US of A in liberal/left and Third World circles, but you ought to get your facts straight. A lot of the world's problems can be traced to European Colonialism. The US of A delivers what it promises, a capitalist free-enterprise society. If the other regions of the world, like a resource rich Africa, failed to equals America's success, well that too bad. People are dying to get here and dying if they stay in Africa.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Americas greatest enemy

starts with an "i"

and ends with an 'e'

i.e. ignorance

but actually ignorance is a global problem
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby Alessandro » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:07 pm

Surely Europeans aren´t innocent nor lack enemies, but this thread was about US and it´s enemies.
The large need to import oil and LNG is USofA´s worst enemy, US would
be self sufficent on all aspects and wouldn´t need to interfere in other countries internal affairs if US didn´t have to import so much oil/LNG.
Alessandro
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:26 pm

"Try a Google search on Orlando Bosch"

Ok, I did and the guy is a prolific politically motivated anti-communist bomber from the late Sixties and early Seventies. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and all that.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm a little slow - you'll have to explain the difference between Bosch blowing up civilian passenger jets in mid-air killing 73 people and someone like the Chechens, the Libyans or Al Quaida doing the same thing. Why is Bosch a freedom fighter and the others terrorists?
The world has not witnessed this type of pure evil since the days of Hitlers indusrial death factories. There is no acceptable explanation, rationalization, comparison or excuse for this type of human behavior.

You are so naive - thousands of civlians die of politically motivated starvation, disease or warfare every day. The massacre in Beslan is a terrible tragedy, but it's comparativly minor compared to masscares in Sudan, Chechnya, Peru, Iraq, Tibet, India, Algeria, Bosnia, Lebanon, Turkey, Cambodia, Vietnam, El Salvador, Chile, Afghanistan, Liberia, Rwanda and dozens of other countries and conflicts over the last couple of
decades.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:40 pm

It might be fashionable or hip to bash the US of A in liberal/left and Third World circles

Why do you ALWAYS have to bring it back to the liberal left? They may be part of the problem, but you act as if conservatives are the saviors of our lives. Maybe if you didn't take on the role of a mouth-piece for the neo-cons people might take your ass a little more seriously. Untill you can learn that your beliefs are not infallable you're just another pawn to us.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 pm

"The massacre in Beslan is a terrible tragedy, but it's comparativly minor compared to masscares in Sudan, Chechnya, Peru, Iraq, Tibet, India, Algeria, Bosnia, Lebanon, Turkey, Cambodia, Vietnam, El Salvador, Chile, Afghanistan, Liberia, Rwanda and dozens of other countries and conflicts over the last couple of
decades."

Me, naive!? You rattle the names of some of those places off as if the people really have a chance. The Beslan school massacre is pure calculated, pre-meditated evil. Tell the parents of those murdered children, the ones shot in the back by the heroic, brave jihadi's, as they were fleeing, that this was a "minor" incident in the grand scheme of things. There is no drought going on, or diease outbreak or ethnic cleansing, only children attending their first day of school. What did they do to Chechnyans? Sorry, Dim, no sale. Its the latest outrage by Muslims, who need to be put back in their place.

Who are the brave Muslim "warriors" going to attack next? Wheelchair-bound parapelegics? Alzhiemers patients?
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Billy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:17 am

Hey Patriot,

Good luck on becoming a "Jarhead" - be sure to send us reports from any DP's you will inevitably end up in.

If you get sent to Iraq give me a shout, I may be working near Fallujah by the end of the year.
Billy
BFCus Regularus

Postby patriot » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:43 am

Thanks Billy, I'll keep you posted. Hopefully we'll cross paths. Stay safe.
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:30 am

Nice to see that the Godless communist assholes have chimed in.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:26 pm

Shining Eye wrote:When's the last time a group of christian fundamentalist took an entire school of kids hostage and shot them?

When's the last time a group of christian fundamentalist declared a holy war or crusade angainst the rest of the world?

1. Jim Jones and the Kool-Aid.
2. The cabal in the White House comprised of holy rollers, zionists and opus dei.
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:32 pm

Your nutty hyperbole doesn't count, Seek. Jim Jones was a cult. And the Whitehouse you're referring had no War on Terrorism prior to 9/11/01. No, like the Beslan Child Massacre, this War on Terrorism is something that the Muslims brought down upon themselves. Check out the thread about "Muslim nations denouncing the massacre" for a list of the worlds top ten wars, and Islam is involved in every one of them.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:50 pm

Shining Eye wrote:Your nutty hyperbole doesn't count, Seek. Jim Jones was a cult. And the Whitehouse you're referring had no War on Terrorism prior to 9/11/01.

Jesus f. Christ , from '92 on it was blowjobs blowjobs blowjobs that was all ya'll reactionary right wingers could fixate on and now it's 9/11 9/11 9/11 ....... (how many times did they invoke 9/11 at the Republican Convention?)
lordy mercy where would you be without 9/11? Maybe not so quick on the road to Armegeddon which is the fixation in the White House now and before (you guessed it) 9/11.

The Catholic Church is a cult too, b.t.w.

And hey, if Bush gets 4 more years than he does. That would only mean that it's time for America to be over. Finished and done with.
My country, land that I love.
Too bad. Que lastima.
My father, my grandfather, my grandfathers before them all the way back to The American Revolution <the REAL one> thank you very much and my cousin right now have all served and are serving heroically for our country, only to have all their sacrifices and best efforts denigrated by our very own Triumph Of The Will ala Bush and cabal and I truly feel a certain measure of resentment for that.

So b.t.w. & hey, Girly Man, uh I mean, Shining Eye. Why ain't you
putting your big bad self into the war efforts? (I mean on the front lines.)
"I wish the women would hurry up and take over." (Leonard Cohen)
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe