Whats your biggest fear?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Whats your biggest fear

Poll ended at Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:36 am

Illness-Cancer, terminal disease, etc
67%
Poverty- losing all you hold dear, bankrupcy
11%
Short Life-being killed, murdered, fatal auto accident
22%
Natural disaster- earthquake, tornado, etc
No votes

Total votes : 9

Re: Whats your biggest fear?

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Donald Trump becoming leader of the free world.
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Postby Q » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Donald Trump becoming leader of the free world.

If it's Trump or that dude in the pantsuits, America isn't leading anything these days, other than the race to the bottom.

So, I wouldn't worry too much.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby coldharvest » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:45 pm

it'll never happen
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:49 pm

coldharvest wrote:

it'll never happen

Shame that.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby MJK » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Tronald Dump is the president the US richly deserves. "A Republic, if you can keep it" indeed. Franklin must be clocking max RPMs in his grave right now.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lethal Dose » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:40 am

MJK wrote:Tronald Dump is the president the US richly deserves. "A Republic, if you can keep it" indeed. Franklin must be clocking max RPMs in his grave right now.

Oh the US can drown in it's own stupidity as far as I am concerned, the problem is they'll drag their trade partners with them. And then there's the whole issue of international relations and global politics. If the US gets itself nuked or bombarded by Arab wackjobs wearing bomb belts because of "The Donald's" big pie hole, that's all fine and good, but the carnage will surely spill over into neighboring countries and I would really prefer not to have to move to Germany or the Netherlands and learn a new language because of the social/economic/political fallout of yank stupidity.
Why? Cuz I said so, that's why!
Lethal Dose

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Trump is going to back out. He was not in this to be president.

The difference between billionaires and millionaires is millionaires tend to earn their money by risking their money while billionaires tend to earn their money while risking the money of others.

Trump has realized that the Angry Yokel wing of the Republican party is a source of two things:

1. People seeking out persons to proclaim their betters

2. People who always have chump change to spare for whatever batshit cause is mailed to them.

I donated money to Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich in 2008. I get all kinds of crazy, wacko emails from the Ron Paul campaign donation (they did not sell my name, it is available via google) but on zero lists from my Kucinich donation.

The wacko right is a gold mine.

I predict Trump is going to start some kind of Trump venture for these people and their money. It will be real estate based and have the Trump name, which most people think is tacky but these people will think it is special.

He will fleece them. But this fleecing will likely place them into white, overweight and stupid "bantustans" and that is something I support (why should the right have all the fun with wanting segregation?)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Bronco » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 am

I've been enjoying the show of all those Billionaires throwing money away, trying to buy the next President and because of Trump, they're all wasting their money.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby ROB » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:44 am

$50 (donated to La Cima) says Trump doesn't win the nomination.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:48 am

I don't know what all the angst is for. Hillary is the next prez.

You know, the pantsuit backed by liberal approved gabillionaires.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Q wrote:I don't know what all the angst is for. Hillary is the next prez.

This reminds me of 2004. Bernie Sanders has actual grassroots liberal support like his fellow Vermonter Dean did and the media is all like "daawwwk, someone else!"

Meanwhile the Republicans are shocked that an actual conservative is more popular than Trump and ignoring him because he is black (as are Liberals...can't have a conservative black dude who is really smart running around now can we?)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby MJK » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:05 am

Hillary has been promised the Presidency; you can see it in her face that she is just biding her time before assuming the throne and dealing out some payback. Since she has to take the helm as the edge of the world becomes the event horizon Pindar will let her be even more homicidal than usual as it will just blend into the scenery of post empire America.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Kurt wrote:
Q wrote:I don't know what all the angst is for. Hillary is the next prez.

This reminds me of 2004. Bernie Sanders has actual grassroots liberal support like his fellow Vermonter Dean did and the media is all like "daawwwk, someone else!"

Meanwhile the Republicans are shocked that an actual conservative is more popular than Trump and ignoring him because he is black (as are Liberals...can't have a conservative black dude who is really smart running around now can we?)

Most Americans are idiots, and voting shouldn't be a right.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:24 pm

MJK wrote:Hillary has been promised the Presidency; you can see it in her face that she is just biding her time before assuming the throne and dealing out some payback. Since she has to take the helm as the edge of the world becomes the event horizon Pindar will let her be even more homicidal than usual as it will just blend into the scenery of post empire America.

The non-US news is declaring the USA as having a Peronist system. Neo-Liberal, semi-hereditary, with dissent being illegal and dealt with violently.

What I want to do is find someone who is an American Citizen, good looking with a lineage from royalty. With all the celebrity worship and political dynasties I think it just says that the simple people want someone to declare as their betters so we might as well establish a hereditary royal family (who lops heads off of Kardashians as being pretenders and usurpers) and then move on as a constitutional monarchy to both distract and please the general population and halt the Clinton and Bush Dynasties.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Q » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Kurt wrote:
MJK wrote:Hillary has been promised the Presidency; you can see it in her face that she is just biding her time before assuming the throne and dealing out some payback. Since she has to take the helm as the edge of the world becomes the event horizon Pindar will let her be even more homicidal than usual as it will just blend into the scenery of post empire America.

The non-US news is declaring the USA as having a Peronist system. Neo-Liberal, semi-hereditary, with dissent being illegal and dealt with violently.

What I want to do is find someone who is an American Citizen, good looking with a lineage from royalty. With all the celebrity worship and political dynasties I think it just says that the simple people want someone to declare as their betters so we might as well establish a hereditary royal family (who lops heads off of Kardashians as being pretenders and usurpers) and then move on as a constitutional monarchy to both distract and please the general population and halt the Clinton and Bush Dynasties.

Still wouldn't work, because you'd still have Joe Six-pack electing Parliament.

Do you really want people who think Palin actually said she could see Russia from her backyard, or bought that Iraq was connected to 9/11, having power to put people in office?

It's terrifying, and the "negative" of finally having degrees is that I finally fully understand just how stupid people are. I mean, we give people who have difficultly figuring out a roundabout, the power to elect people who have their finger on the nuke button.

People who get their information from The Daily Show and The Factor.

- The Dear Leader
Q

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe