Media RYP Blog Attack!

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Media RYP Blog Attack!

Postby LechoZX » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:37 am

If bloggers want to be taken seriously, they have to wear the big boy pants and know the consequences. Blogging does not give you glass house rights. Now, we don't know exactly what e-mails were exchanged in private, but it's possible that RYP was just holding his feet to the fire if Old Blue refused to acknowledge that he was wrong.
Blah person
LechoZX
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 am

Libel is simply printing things that you know to be wrong and intend to be damaging. Its very difficult to win a judgement unless you prove the actual damage. When someone is anonymous and you call him a name you are just pissing in a rainstorm. When you specifically call someone a liar in public but can't back it up you need to be prepared to accept the full consequences of your actions. Its a very important line that only the very stupid or very wealthy cross.

I personally think folks like Jumpy are swell people with great life experience afflicted by having a two by four repeatedly inserted by their former employer so they tend to overreact and get dog whistle dumb to new ideas or even clearly explained facts. With right wing bloggers it's seems to always attack the messenger, fear of "MSM", toss a few insults and then hide behind the flag, tell people that disagree with them that they are not patriotic, then when things are slow find some other retards to march around the room while singing God Bless America.

Then when their Mom needs the phone line they plot and dream about somebody else to do the same thing to all over again.

It might be a function of PTSD or it may be perfectly curable lack of social skills. In any case, there are plenty of blogs that are funny, interesting, newsworthy or original and none of them really need to be attacking people to be interesting.

Jumper we love you man but once in a while cast a critical eye on the dross that passes for "patriotic" but is just a bunch of old farts blowing the froth off their PBR
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Jumper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:28 am

RYP wrote:Libel is simply printing things that you know to be wrong and intend to be damaging. Its very difficult to win a judgement unless you prove the actual damage. When someone is anonymous and you call him a name you are just pissing in a rainstorm. When you specifically call someone a liar in public but can't back it up you need to be prepared to accept the full consequences of your actions. Its a very important line that only the very stupid or very wealthy cross.

I personally think folks like Jumpy are swell people with great life experience afflicted by having a two by four repeatedly inserted by their former employer so they tend to overreact and get dog whistle dumb to new ideas or even clearly explained facts. With right wing bloggers it's seems to always attack the messenger, fear of "MSM", toss a few insults and then hide behind the flag, tell people that disagree with them that they are not patriotic, then when things are slow find some other retards to march around the room waving their limp penis' while singing God Bless America.

Then when their Mom needs the phone line they plot and dream about somebody else to do the same thing to all over again.

It might be a function of PTSD or it may be perfectly curable lack of social skills. In any case, there are plenty of blogs that are funny, interesting, newsworthy or original and none of them really need to be attacking people to be interesting.

Jumper we love you man but once in a while cast a critical eye on the dross that passes for "patriotic" but is just a bunch of old farts blowing the froth off their PBR

Oh, so now I am supposed to cast a critical eye on all of these bloggers and commenters that are tearing into you? How about your article stinks, and you are now having to answer for the shit? I didn't write it, you did. And for the record, I did read the entire thing and actually subscribe to Mens Journal. I managed to keep my food down, but barely. It was either that, or read about the comeback of Mickey Rourke. :)))

(please mister mister, don't stick your lawyers on me for not agreeing with you.......please spare me? Ahhhhh!!!!--pffft)
Feral Jundi

http://www.feraljundi.com

A blog about the security contracting industry.
Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 am

please mister mister, don't stick your lawyers on me for not agreeing with you.......please spare me? Ahhhhh!!!!--pffft

sure....like a broken-down diary writer could afford a lawyer
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby realrescue3 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:04 am

Spotm On about blogs and accountability... small world and what a coincidence.

funny I was just slamming some writer on the Huffington Post blog the other day.

He wrote and article on Somalia and went on to say Al-Shabab was Al-Queda
and they had just taken over the coastal town of Bilboa which he says is a major
port, and the presidential palace ther had been over-run.

This was wrong on so many levels I couldnt resist....
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 am

SusanKatzKeating wrote:Oh, right. And I can totally see myself following the likes of you.

I'm saying you would have been....I doubt I'd let you follow me personally, you're a bit 'fat in the ass and thighs' for your age (are you a drinker) and you seem selfish enough to be poor quality in a tumble.

SusanKatzKeating wrote:At least we'd have access to good scraps, since you'd be sure to prostrate yourself outside the general's tent. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one of the Generals here, you mean I do the Khan's bidding?
Acknowledging the Boss seems to be a noble trait in your Army heroes but when exhibited by a friend it's perverse?
I do this because of his exemplary record of not being a douche-bag and going and seeing a destroyed world that fools such as yourself perpetuate,
when was the last time you did something that counted for shit?
You're rumour-mongers at worst and just another media stooge at best, you must be an emotional mess Suzy.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am

I'll happily read a blog written by someone who has established their credibility via other means. I have no idea what a 'milblogger' is, but given that our new friend Susan is one(?), I'm thinking it's a euphemism for 'bored housewife who likes men in uniform'...maybe I could have my mind changed if I read her blog, but that one circle-jerk post over the original offender, and her posts on these forums don't convince me that it's worth my time; she's not the first person to show up trying to get BFCers to read your blog, and make (presumably moderated) comments to create the illusion of activity, but at least she's not throwing links in our faces like some people did.

Whether or not it's libel, I feel that the Kurt maxim of 'don't say you'll call the lawyers, just call the lawyers' probably applies here, and actually talking to the guy via email wasn't the best idea. I don't really care how this turns out, but I'm glad 'old blue' hasn't shown up here to defend himself, he has a really obnoxious writing style. I get my AMERICA FUCK YEAH slanted news from Jumper and Michael Yon, and that's really all I can handle. To me, bloggers are like kittens...you only let the cute ones grow up, the rest you drown--none of these blogs seem to have big and watery enough eyes.

All that being said, I don't have the balls to put my name in print, and probably never will. As far as my opinion on the crap being debated goes, who's surprised about alcohol on a military base, skulls on a helicopter, soldiers viewing breaking things and hurting people as a 'fun opportunity', ranking officers acting arrogant, a US military endeavor on the ass-end of the world being a disorganized pile of crap, and a few underpaid, overworked, and idealistic American soldiers doing their best to keep it together?
Zero
Salva Nos

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 am

she's not the first person to show up trying to get BFCers to read your blog

Mach
Ronbo
Jumper
The Three Mustbequeers
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby realrescue3 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 am

wow Suzy, yer awesome... lets check your facts now. Ohhhhhhh, yer Psychic.

Can I get a reading?

I predict that you slamming RYP in his own backyard will
not go well for you...

Suzy said "In Air Force magazine, I correctly predicted a black market Russian arms bazaar in a then-hypothetical post-Soviet world. In Soldier of Fortune, I foretold a Kremlin coup. In Readers Digest, I wrote about POW fraud - a topic I eventually expanded into a book, Prisoners of Hope: Exploiting the POW/MIA Myth in America".

Isnt most of this stuff kind of of like saying it will be dark tonight, after 10pm ?
Last edited by realrescue3 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:32 am

I predict a high suicide rate amongst low-tier financial workers
I predict an environmental disaster in China
I predict violence in the Congo
I predict pissing later today
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Jumper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 am

Zero wrote:I'll happily read a blog written by someone who has established their credibility via other means. I have no idea what a 'milblogger' is, but given that our new friend Susan is one(?), I'm thinking it's a euphemism for 'bored housewife who likes men in uniform'...maybe I could have my mind changed if I read her blog, but that one circle-jerk post over the original offender, and her posts on these forums don't convince me that it's worth my time; she's not the first person to show up trying to get BFCers to read your blog, and make (presumably moderated) comments to create the illusion of activity, but at least she's not throwing links in our faces like some people did.

Whether or not it's libel, I feel that the Kurt maxim of 'don't say you'll call the lawyers, just call the lawyers' probably applies here, and actually talking to the guy via email wasn't the best idea. I don't really care how this turns out, but I'm glad 'old blue' hasn't shown up here to defend himself, he has a really obnoxious writing style. I get my AMERICA FUCK YEAH slanted news from Jumper and Michael Yon, and that's really all I can handle. To me, bloggers are like kittens...you only let the cute ones grow up, the rest you drown--none of these blogs seem to have big and watery enough eyes.

All that being said, I don't have the balls to put my name in print, and probably never will. As far as my opinion on the crap being debated goes, who's surprised about alcohol on a military base, skulls on a helicopter, soldiers viewing breaking things and hurting people as a 'fun opportunity', ranking officers acting arrogant, a US military endeavor on the ass-end of the world being a disorganized pile of crap, and a few underpaid, overworked, and idealistic American soldiers doing their best to keep it together?

Yet you dedicate three fucking paragraphs of original content, or post oodles of cut and paste shit on a forum? Your a blogger, and you don't even know it, complete with catchy Avatars and snazy signature lines.

Forums are just a collection of people that are one step away from bloggers. Just look at this title for the thread. It screams, pay attention to me, because I have something important to say. Hell, and in forums, the moderators are even closer to being bloggers, because they can actually censor posts by either deleting them, or moving them. They can also change the layout of the forum too, and work on the coding. And like bloggers, forum moderators also have to battle spam and attacks to their site.

But yeah, keep defending Pelty, the guy threatening bloggers with legal action because they didn't like his article on HTS. (I am sorry, did I mention this already? My bad)
Feral Jundi

Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:43 am

But yeah, keep defending Pelty, the guy threatening bloggers with legal action because they didn't like his article on HTS.

Christ, It's like reading a Mach response or watching a child cry.
But yeah, keep defending libel, the people threatening the truth with rumour because they don't like reality and facts.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Jumper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 am

Your love for Pelton is strong Cold, and I admire that. It's the kind of love that people only dream about, and don't ever, ever, ever let it go. :))))

Feral Jundi

Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

Jumper wrote:Your love for Pelton is strong Cold, and I admire that. It's the kind of love that people only dream about, and don't ever, ever, ever let it go. :))))

I've seen him naked as well........he's glorious but he refused to hold my hand in front of the Somalians so I had to let him go.

Jumper, bless your heart, you're not bright enough to ever score off me.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:18 am

Jumper wrote: Like I said, he wrote it, he should man up and defend it. Using lawyers to go after bloggers, is pure chicken shit.

Word

Jumper wrote:That is pure sand in the vagina material, and you know it.

hahahahahahahhhaahhaaaa..............

-JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe